LCD-2 and LCD-3 Owners - which aftermarket cable do you use?
Apr 14, 2011 at 1:19 PM Post #211 of 2,398
The more I look at it, the more I like it.
I do think it's good.
The fact is, no matter how closely I study it,
No matter how I take it apart,
No matter how I break it down,
It remains consistent.
I wish you were here to see it!

Apr 15, 2011 at 3:28 AM Post #212 of 2,398
I've got a pair of Steve's XLR cables here I'm anxious to try, but I can't until Audio-gd comes through and finally delivers my new DAC.  They've changed the delivery date on me 3 times.  The Q cables look very nice and are very lightweight, so I'm sure they'd make for a very comfortable headphone cable.  I'm still trying to convince Steve to make some HD800 cables.

Apr 15, 2011 at 5:51 AM Post #214 of 2,398
The RE7.1.  Originally I had the RE1, then the RE7, and now I'm going for the latest and greatest to see if there's any noticeable difference.  It's also being wired with OCC silver.  I've always loved Audio-gd's gear because it's exceptional for the price.  Their top-tier stuff sounds really, really good when paired with top-tier components.

Apparently their lead times now are 1-2 months for the RE7.1 but my expected date of completion has changed 3 times so far.  Back when Kingwa was communicating with customers, turnarounds were about 2-3 weeks.  I've only been able to talk to Edwin (as I don't think anyone can get ahold of Kingwa anymore, not sure why) and he said they are very busy and short staffed.  But if they have gotten so busy why not put on more people to get the orders out quicker and on time?  Some companies have a hard time coping with growth and I would really hate to see his sales go down because of avoidable lengthy turnaround times.

Apr 15, 2011 at 7:36 AM Post #215 of 2,398
It's OT, but AFAIK Kingwa is having trouble getting all the parts he needs.

Apr 15, 2011 at 2:46 PM Post #217 of 2,398
Apr 15, 2011 at 4:21 PM Post #219 of 2,398

Quote:
It's OT, but AFAIK Kingwa is having trouble getting all the parts he needs.

And the product page does mention that the 7.1 is "[size=x-small]difficult for building",[/size] but that looks like a monster DAC. I have been looking into upgrading to the NFB-1ES myself, so I was wondering about the availability of those.

Apr 15, 2011 at 4:38 PM Post #220 of 2,398
Quote:
The more I look at it, the more I like it.
I do think it's good.
The fact is, no matter how closely I study it,
No matter how I take it apart,
No matter how I break it down,
It remains consistent.
I wish you were here to see it!

Rob, gotta love the Indiscipline reference. that's a from a ground breaking album from a ground breaking band. i saw the Discipline (and other) tour(s) a whole bunch of times - fantastic! they re-invented how a rock band functions. i wish you were there to see it!
atsmile.gif

Apr 15, 2011 at 6:25 PM Post #221 of 2,398

Quote:
Connector availability issues will soon be fixed.

Will it be a straight clone or will they improve the design? Namely, making the solder cups on the pins more adequate for larger than 28 gauge wire. That's what turned me off on them even before Sennheiser strong armed ODU.

se

Apr 15, 2011 at 6:27 PM Post #222 of 2,398

Quote:
It's only hurting Sennheiser's business by not offering the connectors.  Having aftermarket headphone cables only serves to increase sales, not decrease them.

Yeah. Seems Sennheiser has a bad case of the NIH (Not Invented Here) corporate mentality.

se

Apr 15, 2011 at 10:59 PM Post #223 of 2,398
Quote:
And the product page does mention that the 7.1 is "[size=x-small]difficult for building",[/size] but that looks like a monster DAC. I have been looking into upgrading to the NFB-1ES myself, so I was wondering about the availability of those.

I don't understand why it's more difficult to build than the Ref 7 was.  They aren't using separate ACSS modules this time, but instead putting the circuitry directly on the main boards.  Wouldn't this be (if even marginally) less work?

I'm fairly patient when it comes to waiting for gear.  I'm not one of those people who's world will end if my purchase isn't here within a week.  I just don't think it's right to have a delivery date changed on someone three times.

Apr 16, 2011 at 1:22 AM Post #225 of 2,398

Quote:
Will it be a straight clone or will they improve the design? Namely, making the solder cups on the pins more adequate for larger than 28 gauge wire. That's what turned me off on them even before Sennheiser strong armed ODU.
se

Not sure Steve.  I'll see if I can find out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back