Lavricables - Impressions & Discussion Thread
Apr 18, 2022 at 9:06 AM Post #61 of 394
My Master cables for HD800S just arrived.
I didn't opt for the burnin service, but I'm liking it so far.
20220418_211246.jpg

May 2, 2022 at 10:08 AM Post #63 of 394
I was just about to order a cable from the Grand Line for my new LCD4 - unfortunately sold out at the moment.
Too bad.

May 4, 2022 at 9:01 AM Post #64 of 394
Hello,

Below are my impressions / short review of the Master Line cable which I have bought for the Audeze headphones.

First I am going to say, that I live in the UK and was surprised that I could not choose UK as a destination country at the checkout. I have contacted Lavricables through the email asking if cable can be shipped to the UK, they have confirmed to me that they of course ship to the UK. Later on I have found out that there is mention of this in their website F.A.Q. which I did not read to be honest, but thought to myself that this should be better highlighted to the protentional customers. Looking at the website now, this seems to be sorted, which is very good.

I have exchanged several emails with Lavricables, and I have to say that customer experience was absolutely stellar. I have always received reply within matter of minutes and responses were very helpful. Big shout on this.

Here is cable I have bought:

Master Line cable for the Audeze
1.5m long multistrand litz awg22
Aeco 6.3mm (Pure copper) - Source connector
Furutech FT-610 mini xlr - Headphone connectors
Lavricables Carbon Y Splitter
no sleeving
no burn in service.

Before I get to the cable itself, I need to mention, that I have ordered this cable on Monday morning. I was told that I should receive it by Wednesday or Thursday same week as long as I use express delivery, which I did. My cable was made on Monday, shipped on Tuesday and arrived on Wednesday, absolutely amazing comparing to how long you might wait for some of the competitor cables.

Now lets talk about the cable. Cable has arrived in small cardboard box, together with carrying bag and sticker. All well protected.

Cable looks absolutely beautiful, it has immaculate finish and very clear coating which beautifully shows its silver colour. I love that stress relieves are clear as well, and right channel is marked by thin red strip just below the connector, very clean design.

Cable itself is extremely flexible, light and has pretty much zero microphonics, this was my biggest surprise which made me very happy as I have found this cable to be pleasure not only to look at but also to use. Lavricable carbon splitter is great as well, as it does its job without adding extra weight.

One little gripe for me is, that if I knew beforehand how great this cable will be, I would definitely go with the Grand Line as I found master line to be little bit on a thin side compared to the large size of the Audeze earcups. This is in no way criticism of Lavricables, as they clearly state as to what AWG this cable is, I just failed to visualise it before I got my hands on it.

Now to the sound, I went with best specification in terms of the connectors, just to avoid any regrets down the line. I guess it might sound like a cliché, but cable very clear and clean sound signature with very precise and open soundstage. I find it slightly leaner compared to the customcans cable I was using before, but it does make it up in terms of the coherence, imaging and speed.

Overall if I had to give it an arbitrary score, it would be 9.5 out of 10 and that is simply because I would like tiny bit more weight to the sound. Sadly for me, now I am thinking about getting Grand Line cable for my Focal Utopia, which is unfortunately out of stock at the moment.

Heartily recommended.

Attachments

• s-l500 (1).jpg
    s-l500 (1).jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 0
  • s-l500 (2).jpg
    s-l500 (2).jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 0
  • s-l500 (3).jpg
    s-l500 (3).jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 0
  • s-l500 (4).jpg
    s-l500 (4).jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 0
  • s-l500 (5).jpg
    s-l500 (5).jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 0
  • s-l500.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 12, 2022 at 7:49 AM Post #65 of 394
Anybody who is interested in buying Grand ZMF MEZE AUDEZE Lavricables headphone upgrade cable 1.5m, please message me.
Do you still have the cable?

May 13, 2022 at 10:42 AM Post #66 of 394
Ordered the Lavricables Grand cable on Wednesday morning and received midday today... ordered, made and sent from Lativa to the UK in 48hrs 😳

No comments yet as it's running in at the moment but I have to commend them for how fast they completed and delivered this order 👍🏻

I'll add comments later after I've had a good listen after it's had time to run in! Build quality feels very good so far though!

Cable details.

Grand Silver Meze Elite upgrade
Length:3 m
Silver: Multistrand litz 6n awg20 cryo (4 cores)
Headphone plugs: Furutech FT-610mf
Plug: Aeco XLR 4 Rhodium (copper)
Y splitter :Lavricables carbon
Silk sleeving: No sleeving
Burn in service: No

Lavricables Grand.jpg

Last edited:
May 17, 2022 at 4:23 AM Post #67 of 394
I purchased a Lavricables Grand Silver cable for my Focal Stellia’s with Aeco connectors and balanced XLR termination. I placed the order on Thursday and it arrived the following Tuesday with express shipping from Latvia to Australia!

I didn’t choose the burn-in service but the cable already sounds FAR better than the Focal stock cable… not to mention it’s beautifully made with no memory, kinks or micro-phonics which the stock cable is notorious for.

This cable really opens up the soundstage with the Stellia’s and there’s much better imaging and separation as well. It’s so good already and I’ve barely started the burn-in process.

I love what I’m hearing so far and I’d highly recommend Lavricables to anyone who’s looking to upgrade their headphone cable. I’m already looking at a Lavricable for my Sennheiser HD600’s now.
ABA73468-B6F4-49BD-B11F-ED0D84AC3B2B.jpeg
E40A6F70-5FF6-48E6-BD36-714EEC096150.jpeg
EBF7CED4-9E85-4F0B-9C4C-58303DA4C798.jpeg

Attachments

• 0807F48C-4E11-46E0-9092-00D5BF86326A.jpeg
    0807F48C-4E11-46E0-9092-00D5BF86326A.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
May 17, 2022 at 4:25 AM Post #68 of 394
I purchased a Lavricables Grand Silver cable for my Focal Stellia’s with Aeco connectors and balanced XLR termination. I placed the order on Thursday and it arrived the following Tuesday with express shipping from Latvia to Australia!

I didn’t choose the burn-in service but the cable already sounds FAR better than the Focal stock cable… not to mention it’s beautifully made with no memory, kinks or micro-phonics which the stock cable is notorious for.

This cable really opens up the soundstage with the Stellia’s and there’s much better imaging and separation as well. It’s so good already and I’ve barely started the burn-in process.

I love what I’m hearing so far and I’d highly recommend Lavricables to anyone who’s looking to upgrade their headphone cable. I’m already looking at a Lavricable for my Sennheiser HD600’s now.
ABA73468-B6F4-49BD-B11F-ED0D84AC3B2B.jpegE40A6F70-5FF6-48E6-BD36-714EEC096150.jpegEBF7CED4-9E85-4F0B-9C4C-58303DA4C798.jpeg
Tidy setup 🥰

May 30, 2022 at 2:44 PM Post #70 of 394
Few months ago I tried the Susvara Grand cable. It transformed the headphone for me, opened all of the frequencies. I'm so impressed that I treated my Utopia with the same cable. Just testing today, and same impressions. Opened up, details galore, a lot more clear and visceral experience. Thank you Lavricables :love_letter:

20220530_224013.jpg

Last edited:
May 30, 2022 at 4:30 PM Post #71 of 394
"Opened up, details galore, a lot more clear and visceral experience."

I'd agree with that.

It's taken me longer to get a clear view of the changes as I also added a Furutech FI-50 plug to to the existing power cable at about 100hr mark of burning in the Grand. I didn't think it would impact the sound that much but the burn in for that was a lot harsher than the Meze Grand! All great now though. I would say you need to give the Grand plenty of time to burn in, sounded quite harsh with less than 50hrs but by 75hrs was starting to reveal what it was capable of. 150hrs is probably about right though.

I find the Meze Grand compared to the Meze Silver upgrade cable offers a wider stage with more clarity, sparkle but without fatigue. Moving between the two you sent the Meze cable has a tighter soundstage and slightly warmer, rounder tones. The Grand certainly has more sparkle and detail and I think if you can, having both is great depending on what you're listening too or your mood. The Meze I guess is a little more laid back... but not massively. It makes me interested in trying a good quality 100% copper cable as well.

So, excellent sound and build quality... looks great too! I'd certainly recommend it to anyone looking for a high quality headphone cable 👍🏻

Last edited:
May 31, 2022 at 11:52 AM Post #72 of 394
I'm debating between Grand and Master for Abyss Diana Phi.

I will lean for portable use but I still do quite a lot of listening at home. Is Grand one much heavier? How different they sound?

May 31, 2022 at 12:10 PM Post #73 of 394
I'm debating between Grand and Master for Abyss Diana Phi.

I will lean for portable use but I still do quite a lot of listening at home. Is Grand one much heavier? How different they sound?
Can't compare between Grand / Master but I found the Grand to be lighter than the Meze Silver Upgrade cable which is a half metre shorter. The one I have is 3m so for portable and doesn't feel that heavy and you'll be going a lot shorter so I can't imagine the weight being a problem.

Hopefully someone who's had both Master/Grand will give you a definitive answer

Jun 15, 2022 at 9:01 AM Post #74 of 394
I have roughtly 20-30 Lavricables cables (interconnects, headphones, IEMs...). I'm always amazed especially with the super-fast service. Price/quality is through the roof when compared with many other brands, which means they are affordable especially compared to some Singaporean brands :wink: I also repaired many cables with them and the experience was the same. Highly recommended.

Jun 16, 2022 at 6:19 AM Post #75 of 394
Hello,

Just for a very brief review of a Lavricable connector (from 4 pin XLR female to 6,35 mm (1/4 plug).

I ordered the Grand awg20 multistrand litz, Furutech XLR 4 female, to Aeco 6.3, because I was absolutely satisfied with all the previous Lavricables I bought (3 Grand Line, one for my Susvara, one for my Final Audio D8000, which I reviewed in this thread, one for my Mysphere 3.2, + another cable for the Mysphere.)
IMG_7451.jpg

And I wanted to replace the JPS connector, that came with my Abyss Phi TC (right in the picture.)
And, as always, I was amazed by the quality of the Lavricable (left in the picture). I immediately noticed a genuine sound improvement : more detailed, purer sound, better layering, and perfect built. Once again, highly recommended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back