Lavricables - Impressions & Discussion Thread
Jan 30, 2022 at 8:44 AM Post #46 of 394
Hi guys,

I just want to share my 3rd experience with LavriCables,

Yesterday I received my GRAND cable for DCA Stealth. From the past I knew that it will be sounding amazing, but what suprised me the most was DCA connectors which was used.
I am trying to say, that I had experience with many 3rd party custom cables for MrSpeakers/DCA headphones (some of them very expensive), but non of them has so good connectors like from Lavri. They hold perfectly tight, without any loose like others. This ”loose” bother me when I moved my head on second monitor, because I always heard this sound during music playback.

Lavri cables are not the cheapest one on the market (they even must increased prices a little bit), but the quality strands together with excellent craftsmanship makes them absolutely fantastic for my needs. They are flexible, lightweight, zero microphonic, and are made from silver conductor which I prefer.
One thing I know for sure: You will never see me selling my Lavri Grand cables here.
:L3000:

Attachments

• IMG_0921.JPG
    IMG_0921.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0929.JPG
    IMG_0929.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 30, 2022 at 7:21 PM Post #47 of 394
Just want to share my experience with Lavricable.

Few weeks ago, I bought a pair of gently used RCA cables from Lavricable. Once I plug them into my system, I heard a nice improvement over the copper cables I was using. Background became more quiet and smoothed off edges in the sound. This is what good cables should do; less noise and let me hear more music. Intrigued by the RCA cables, it made me wanting to try the grand line headphone cable as I was looking to upgrade my headphone cable.

After waiting for about 1.5 week (including 150 hours burn in time), my grand line headphone cable finally arrived. The cable was very soft to touch and flexible. Overall craftsmanship is top notch here; all components scream quality and they were masterfully put together.

I do not have much experience with pure silver cables, but my 2 channel HIFI has pure gold/silver cables that project very sweet, smooth, and open sound. So when I was ordering the grand line headphone cable, I was hoping to get similar sonic signatures over the factory copper headphone cable I was using.

Once I plugged in the grand line cable into my headphones and amp and start playing music, my mouth opened. With Diana Phi, the change was not night and day, but music sounded grounded. Those little background details in a song became more apparent. Imaging & separation became more dramatic too. Everything sounded so much more refined.

The revelation came when I plugged the cable into Audioquest Nighthawk. I don't think many Nighthawk owners will pair up this level of cable with it given the expense. However, this is where I heard the most improvement. The Hawks sounded freaking AMAZING with this cable. Bass kicked harder and treble/mid got much more open & delicate. I actually bought this cable for Diana, but I've been spending more time with the hawks so far :)

I am very happy with the wonderful cable that Lavricable made for me. I plan to update cables for my headphone system and Lavricable will be my go to source for it!

Attachments

• 20220330_181311.jpg
    20220330_181311.jpg
    501.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220330_181403.jpg
    20220330_181403.jpg
    435.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220330_181444.jpg
    20220330_181444.jpg
    307.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 2, 2022 at 11:17 AM Post #48 of 394
Loving my new Lavri Grand on my Meze Elite with Furutech and Aeco plugs.

Attachments

• IMG_20220402_111402538.jpg
    IMG_20220402_111402538.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20220402_111354367.jpg
    IMG_20220402_111354367.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20220402_111411912.jpg
    IMG_20220402_111411912.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
Apr 8, 2022 at 2:15 AM Post #49 of 394
I have a question. Are the cables of the same line for different headphones different? For example, I want to find a pair of cables for Abyss Diana TC, it appears the Grand line for it is out of stock. The same line cables for Susvara are still in stock. I think they use the same 2.5 connectors and cable cores no?

Apr 8, 2022 at 3:28 AM Post #50 of 394
Same wire is used, the only difference is connectors. All Grand line headphone cables are out of stock at the moment. They will be available closer to the end of the month. Ultimate line will be restocked next week.
For Diana TC we could offer awg22 Master line made and shipped in few days.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2022 at 4:12 PM Post #52 of 394
in general Grand gives deeper low end register and more energy due to the gauge (total gauge is awg19 (awg20 silver + graphene groups)), a bit better microdynamics and openness. It has fast pacing and rhythm. Master is a bit slightly more warm due to occ copper strands in the middle, however still very open and revealing. It has been revised last year (copper strands + different wire geometry) and now is even closer to the Grand. Both represent great upgrade options for Diana headphones. Hope it helps.

Apr 11, 2022 at 5:50 AM Post #53 of 394
Will be looking at a balanced XLR 4 pin Grand for the Meze Elite but also need an adapter so I can use the balanced cable with a 6.35 SE amp. Would you make an adapter for the Grand? Cheers

Apr 11, 2022 at 6:04 AM Post #55 of 394
Excellent, thanks. Any date yet when the Grand will be back in stock? Thanks

Apr 15, 2022 at 3:19 PM Post #57 of 394
That sounds very cool! I'm not well versed in cable science. I read that silverplated copper cable can be brighter than pure silver cable due to the skin effect. Does that statement have any merit in your opinion?

I assume the Grand XLRs are still in stock?

Apr 16, 2022 at 11:35 PM Post #59 of 394
I read that silverplated copper cable can be brighter than pure silver cable due to the skin effect.
Depends on what exactly you call “bright”. I have stock (silver plated copper), pure copper Arctic Magnus and pure silver Lavricables grand cables for my Solitaire P. Grand gives more highs than copper or silver plated cables, but at the same time it’s less harsh and sibilants are less sharp. Formally speaking it could be called “brighter” cable because of tonal balance. However high frequencies sound so refined that Grand is also the smoothest and less fatiguing of all three.

Apr 17, 2022 at 12:06 AM Post #60 of 394
Depends on what exactly you call “bright”. I have stock (silver plated copper), pure copper Arctic Magnus and pure silver Lavricables grand cables for my Solitaire P. Grand gives more highs than copper or silver plated cables, but at the same time it’s less harsh and sibilants are less sharp. Formally speaking it could be called “brighter” cable because of tonal balance. However high frequencies sound so refined that Grand is also the smoothest and less fatiguing of all three.
Absolutely ditto about the metals’ sonics. I also think that the most important part of the headphone cable is the quality of connection between the wires and the plug (TRS, XLR…) pins. EDIT: Lavricables Grand in action…
A31B63CF-59A4-4EDE-9B0B-255D88CF3AD0.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back