Last call for $150-$200 IEM
Aug 19, 2012 at 5:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

bowei006

Panda Man
Reviewer at Headphone.Guru
I like EDM but also bass light stuff but with that said, I would rather have bass than not and so the TF10's top the list.

I don't want to get near or past $200 though and another question. I heard UE had a TF10 for $100 two years in a row on black friday right?

My equipment I have is in my page but don't worry about that.

I prefer many artists ranging from:
xKore
Skrillex
Deadmou5
Pendulum
Eminem
Jay Sean
Jason Derulo(however I spell it)
Iyaz
Lil Wayne
Katy Perry
Lady Gaga
Black Eyed Peas
Adele
Dr.Dre
Electric Light orchestra
Bad Religion
Beethoven
Mozart
Linkin Park
Rise Against
Evanescence
Rammstein
Breaking Benjamin
Skillet
Coldplay
Fall out boy
My Chemical Romance
Perfume
Girls Generation
AKB48
2NE1
Ito Yuna
Ayumi hamasaki
Alan

And many more. I listen to a universal amount of genres but mainly the popular ones in that genre so while I listen to classical or pop or jazz, it's only with popular artists.

Aug 19, 2012 at 7:27 PM Post #2 of 16
GR07?

Aug 19, 2012 at 11:23 PM Post #4 of 16
I listen to a lot of the same artists as you OP.

I would say TF10 would fit your requirements. For the price you can find them now they really are a steal, remembering not long ago they were $300+. They do pop up on the boards here, but you'll need to be quick as their popularity is strong. I own GRO7 and I much prefer TF10 for my EDM. The bass is quite punchy but I wouldn't call it overpowering. It's very good texture with many layers. and stays very well behaved. The clarity and air,TF10 maintain is truly magical, along with their separation and speed gives TF10 the ability to keep busy congested tracks in check.

The best way I can describe them with female vocals on high bit rates is like listening to two angels singing. :smile: You'll hear every instrument separately without trying.

Aug 19, 2012 at 11:25 PM Post #5 of 16
Quote:
I listen to a lot of the same artists as you OP.
I would say TF10 would fit your requirements. For the price you can find them now they really are a steal, remembering not long ago they were $300+. They do pop up on the boards here, but you'll need to be quick as their popularity is strong. I own GRO7 and I much prefer TF10 for me EDM. The bass is quite punchy but I wouldn't call it overpowering. It's very good texture with many layers. and stays very well behaved. The clarity and air,TF10 maintain is truly magical, along with their separation and speed gives TF10 the ability to keep busy congested tracks in check.
The best way i can describe them with female vocals on high bit rates is like listening to two angels singing.
smile.gif
You'll hear every instrument separately without trying.

I've been reading the FXD80 thread and many members I know that are no BS give their thumbs up for the FXD80 and many own the GR07 and TF10 so I'm thinking.

I can easily get a TF10 instead but....?

Aug 19, 2012 at 11:29 PM Post #6 of 16
I've been reading the FXD80 thread and many members I know that are no BS give their thumbs up for the FXD80 and many own the GR07 and TF10 so I'm thinking.

I can easily get a TF10 instead but....?

The FXD80 has also shown some interest in my direction, I've been following it. I think in this situation would be best try both selling the other in which ever way you please. Knowing TF10 have decent resale value shouldn't make this a problem. It's just too soon for me to try FXD80.

Aug 19, 2012 at 11:33 PM Post #7 of 16
Quote:
The FXD80 has also shown some interest in my direction, I've been following it. I think in this situation would be best try both selling the other in which ever way you please. Knowing TF10 have decent resale value shouldn't make this a problem. It's just too soon for me to try FXD80.

I have limited funds and am a bit fearful on doing that. It's a big problem sadly :frowning2:

Aug 19, 2012 at 11:35 PM Post #8 of 16
I have limited funds and am a bit fearful on doing that. It's a big problem sadly :frowning2:

Well, in that case I'd try the TF10 first personally. it will sell easier if you don't happen to like it. (which I think you will)

Aug 28, 2012 at 9:57 PM Post #13 of 16
I am actually surprised how good electronic music sounds with the GR01, which is said to sound that same.
Quote:
For EDM? They're good overall but maybe not enough bass for what the OP wants

Aug 28, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #14 of 16
The FXD80 would make for a very impressive first iem. Besides the midrange being a bit recessed compared to the GR07 and DBA-02 (which the same could be said for the TF10), it is the clearest most detailed iem I've heard. The bass doesn't interfere with the mids (no mid-bass hump) and highs are very clean and extended, which is quite a rare combo. You might avoid potential fit problems as well with the FXD80, and the build quality is extremely solid. The things are all metal with a beefy rubber strain relief. I'd definitely go for the FXD80.   

Aug 29, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #15 of 16
I did extensive research on the FXD80's and found it wasn't for me. Why? FOTM in the sense that it is an IEM that will suit some peoples ears and not other leading to it being a FOTM and not a engrained product such as this in generality. What does this say to comparing with what I want? Nothing as I haven't tried them however to be on the same side of things, buying a tried and approved IEM such as the tF10 was the most logical descision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back