Laptop > E7 > LDI+ > MS1i - Would this sound okay?
Aug 10, 2010 at 3:08 PM Post #16 of 24
Thanks for the reply and the welcome.
Its good to hear they are still planning for its release.  I bought the e7 instead of the uDAC because I thought the L7 was coming out so I was pretty disappointed when the fiio website said they were stopping development.  I figured they did it as a business move to force people to buy the more expensive e9 if they wanted line out capabilities on the e7.  Hopefully this is not the case.  I was actually thinking about returning my e7 because of this.  I guess i'll wait and see how things play out.

btw, thanks for the e7 review you did a while back.  It was another reason i bough it.

Aug 10, 2010 at 3:12 PM Post #17 of 24
i wouldnt bother with the amp, it will make minimal difference until a line out is released for the e7. 
Personally i wouldnt even bother with the e7. get a nuforce udac, about same price as e7

+ a lot easier to add an amp to setup if you want.
but the ms1s dont really need an amp so the udac would be suffice 

Aug 10, 2010 at 3:19 PM Post #18 of 24
The MS1s don't need an amp, but anything will improve with an amp. I was gonna say earlier that he is spending way too much on a setup for MS1s, but from a long-term stand-point he can always upgrade and he won't have to really change his equipment.

Aug 10, 2010 at 9:54 PM Post #19 of 24
Not necessary, especially when it comes to Grado made headphones. The thing about Grado headphone is that all of them are relatively easy to drive, and adding an tube amp generally is more about getting the synergy right (basically taking the edge of the headphone out and give it a little more warm). If you add a very fast and edgy amp, it will just make it unbearable.

Quote:
The MS1s don't need an amp, but anything will improve with an amp.

Aug 10, 2010 at 10:03 PM Post #20 of 24
i mainly wanted to get the tube amp for the style of sound

where can i get the udac-2 in australia? doesn't have to be IN australia as long as they can ship to aus

for now i'm trying to build a decent foundation for more headphones to come, later on when i have more money

Aug 10, 2010 at 10:11 PM Post #21 of 24
I don't think there is an official dealer in AUS yet. You can try ordering from NuForce directly.

Aug 11, 2010 at 2:07 AM Post #22 of 24
Aug 11, 2010 at 7:53 PM Post #23 of 24
hmm what about Hifiman EF2A? this looks like a tube amp and a dac, is this a viable option?

( i'm waiting on my next paycheck, so i haven't purchased the uDAC-2 or LDI+ yet )

Aug 20, 2010 at 7:42 AM Post #24 of 24
If you have no existing DAC or AMP, the uDAC alone will give a bigger improvement than the EF2 alone.  I got the EF2 first and then the uDAC to feed it but I would get the uDAC first over the EF2 if I had to pick only one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back