Lake People G109 / G103 thread
Dec 10, 2012 at 11:33 PM Post #61 of 729
Anyone like to comment on the tonality of the Lake People amp versus Violectric. The latter has been described as neutral but warm, even approaching tube sound. Just wonder if Lake People has the same signature.

In my country the price of the Lake People G109 amp is selling for almost 85% of the Violectric V200. As such, I guess it is more advisable to get the latter. That said, apparantly the Lake People amps are designed with international voltage and I may be able to get one from overseas with the usual lower pricing.

Dec 11, 2012 at 7:38 AM Post #62 of 729
@Greeni:

See the first page of this thread, specifically this post:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/620082/lake-people-g109-g103-thread#post_8572536

You can get the LP amps directly from Lake People for the same price everyone else pays (about half the price of the V200) and you have the option of U.S. or international A/C voltage.

Dec 14, 2012 at 4:05 AM Post #64 of 729
@devhen: Might be too much to ask, but could you compare the footprint to a CD. This is a picture I took when unpacking my G100:

Dec 14, 2012 at 2:07 PM Post #66 of 729
Nice pics!

Anyone, besides John at Innerfidelity, had the opportunity to compare the G109 or V100 to the Apex Butte?
Anyone using the V100 with the optional built-in Dac?
What are the impressions of this Dac?
I'm looking to score one V100 or G109 in the near future, it seems from what I've been reading and from their circuit design that they're performance is identical but I like the added features and functionality of the V100 and the possiblity to fit in a Dac, but there's not much word about it...

Dec 14, 2012 at 2:22 PM Post #67 of 729
Thanks! Love how compact and yet powerful these amps are.

Offtopic: Great CD. Looks like a CD bought in HMV :)

Dec 14, 2012 at 2:23 PM Post #68 of 729
Quote:
Thanks! Love how compact and yet powerful these amps are.

Offtopic: Great CD. Looks like a CD bought in HMV :)

Hehe. Close. Its a used CD I bought on Amazon, from a seller in England. :) I've bought this CD at least once before but have since lost it so I had to pick up a used one so I could import it as FLAC.

Dec 21, 2012 at 1:01 PM Post #69 of 729
Well, after eyeballing the G109-S for several months now, I finally pulled the trigger and purchased one from Thomann. I'll try to give some quick impressions in a few weeks.

Dec 21, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #70 of 729
Quote:
Well, after eyeballing the G109-S for several months now, I finally pulled the trigger and purchased one from Thomann. I'll try to give some quick impressions in a few weeks.

Awesome! Looking forward to it. Congrats on the new amp.

Jan 13, 2013 at 3:48 AM Post #71 of 729
I've had my eye on the 109 for quite some time.. well, I just emailed LP/Fried about wanting to order the 109-S.  Can't wait to see/hear/feel what it's all about.

Jan 13, 2013 at 1:07 PM Post #72 of 729
Quote:
I've had my eye on the 109 for quite some time.. well, I just emailed LP/Fried about wanting to order the 109-S.  Can't wait to see/hear/feel what it's all about.

An overall similar sound to your O2 at volume matched ? 
redface.gif

Well i didn't compared directly O2 / G109S / SPL Auditor , but from my very unreliable memory i would say that they folow the same patern "no sound" aka transparency . 

Jan 13, 2013 at 5:03 PM Post #73 of 729
Quote:

Great, I've also been interested in the G109 for a long time. Let us know what you think about it, especially compared to the O2.

Jan 17, 2013 at 12:40 AM Post #74 of 729

FIGHT!

I've had it for a few hours.. and am so thoroughly impressed.. my wife's worried about the way I'm (seductively) looking at it 
tongue_smile.gif

The transparency is unreal.. the sound is frighteningly clean, effortless, & impeccably detailed.. so much so that it sounds downright liquid.  Pairs with both the HE-400 & HD600 beautifully.  The HE-400, in particular, sounds heavenly.  As I noted on the HE-400 thread.. the 109 makes the O2 sound, comparatively, slow and muddy.  Instrument separation & soundstage proportion is phenomenal.  Tonal accuracy is as good as I've heard.  Articulation, dynamics, control, and speed across the spectrum is awesome.  It's all showcased with the HE-400.  The G109 just sounds so damn natural to my ears.  I couldn't be happier with the purchase.

I've gained new found appreciation for the ODAC, as well.  I've always admired it's accuracy & resolving ability.. but I was taken aback by just how good it was once it fed the G109.  The last thing HeadFi needs is exaggeration.. and I'm pretty even tempered with my enthusiasm.. but this, IMO, is a significant upgrade over the O2 as far as sound quality goes.  More thoughts coming in time.. but as far as solid state amps, I can't imagine anything sound better at the price... let alone the majority amps under $1000.  It's effectively ended my search for a solid state amp.

Jan 17, 2013 at 5:42 AM Post #75 of 729
@FlySweep, thanks for the impressions and great pic. That's really high praise for the G109 and its great to hear. I'm glad you're happy. Maybe this G109 will start to become a little more popular around here since it does get great reviews and seems to compare really favorably to other amps in its price range and above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back