Lake People G109 / G103 thread
Dec 18, 2014 at 5:05 AM Post #271 of 729
  oh good but do you think the balanced input could be better than the unbalanced one?

I'll use it with cable to amp near tens of power cable and usb cable behind the pc...
What do you think?

Given my background in Pro Audio I always prefer XLR connections out of habit. I don't think RCA is a problem given the short distance you'll be using on your desk. I have a lot of components (amps, DACs) on my desk with lots of cables, RCA is still not a problem. If in doubt you can try to avoid running power and RCA cables in parallel or at least separate them a bit.

If you're getting the G103 I'd vote for the RCA ('S') version, its more versatile in a home setting. Its also easier and cheaper to get adaptor cables to RCA. If you get the G109 I'd recommend the P version as it offers both XLR and RCA inputs (though unfortunately no input selection switch).

Dec 18, 2014 at 7:57 AM Post #272 of 729
Given my background in Pro Audio I always prefer XLR connections out of habit. I don't think RCA is a problem given the short distance you'll be using on your desk. I have a lot of components (amps, DACs) on my desk with lots of cables, RCA is still not a problem. If in doubt you can try to avoid running power and RCA cables in parallel or at least separate them a bit.

If you're getting the G103 I'd vote for the RCA ('S') version, its more versatile in a home setting. Its also easier and cheaper to get adaptor cables to RCA. If you get the G109 I'd recommend the P version as it offers both XLR and RCA inputs (though unfortunately no input selection switch).
thanks for the suggest but I've found a friend who can sell me it at about 150 Euros the g130p version. The adapter is not difficult to build. So I think I could accept. What do you think?

Dec 18, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #273 of 729
thanks for the suggest but I've found a friend who can sell me it at about 150 Euros the g130p version. The adapter is not difficult to build. So I think I could accept. What do you think?

Sounds like a good price... The adapters are rather simple (and Thomann.de has them on offer for reasonable prices as well), so I don't see any problem there. Using the adapters you will of course not gain anything by using the XLR inputs, but I don't think you'll run into problems at desktop cable lengths anyway.

Dec 18, 2014 at 3:00 PM Post #274 of 729

Sounds like a good price....

good! :wink:

Using the adapters you will of course not gain anything by using the XLR inputs, but I don't think you'll run into problems at desktop cable lengths anyway.

It's the same thing I've thougth...:wink:

anyway I'll use it with a teac ud-h01 (for 200€) or a ud-301 (for 300€)...so no problem with the xlr outputs.

What DAC would you suggest me between them?

Dec 18, 2014 at 3:35 PM Post #275 of 729
  anyway I'll use it with a teac ud-h01 (for 200€) or a ud-301 (for 300€)...so no problem with the xlr outputs.

What DAC would you suggest me between them?

I know neither, sorry... Personally I don't care about high-res or DSD, so I guess I'd go with the UD-H01. But I guess you'll find owners of both round here.

Dec 20, 2014 at 3:04 AM Post #276 of 729
hey guys but how can I change gain in the g103p?

Where are the jumper?

Are they sold separately?

Dec 20, 2014 at 3:49 AM Post #277 of 729
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/lake-people-g103p-and-g109p-headphone-amplifiers-page-2

Dec 20, 2014 at 3:53 AM Post #278 of 729
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/lake-people-g103p-and-g109p-headphone-amplifiers-page-2

I've already seen it, but there are 4 combination of positioning the jumpers.Is it easy to recognize the choosen gain?

Dec 20, 2014 at 4:13 AM Post #279 of 729
http://www.lake-people.de/In_Production.html

page 22 and 23

choose g103

:cool:

Dec 20, 2014 at 5:17 AM Post #280 of 729
  hey guys but how can I change gain in the g103p?

Where are the jumper?

Are they sold separately?

The jumpers are set upon opening the case. Default value is set to +8

Check page 23 for where and how to change the jumpers. There are 4 jumpers - you change these according to what value you want to use.

Dec 26, 2014 at 9:42 AM Post #285 of 729
Yup a great pairing for sure. For Christmas I received a pair of Focus pads for my HE500's. Listening to them through the 109S right now...warmer sounding than the pleather pads, not quite as broad of a soundstage but the bass is much more pronounced.

that exactly what i don't want

Users who are viewing this thread

Back