LA7000 or Beyer's T5p for classical symphonic music
Jan 9, 2012 at 11:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

thehadi

100+ Head-Fier
I know there are threads about closed headphones for classical or there are reviews both LA7000 or T5p. But i can't find right answer for me.

I have to decide between these headphones for classical music. I love symphonic music, jazz pieces and soundtracks. 

What should i go betwwen them for you, head-fiers?

Jan 9, 2012 at 9:21 PM Post #3 of 13
You haven't found the answer because the T5p is incredibly rare as far as review goes. I've heard the Denon 2K whic is apparently not too far off the Denon 7K and I can say it really doesn't do classical and jazz well. There's a weird hump in the bass/mids that is just unattractive to me. I've also heard the T1 which again not too far from the T5p and I'm saying anything short of the DT770 in the Beyer line will beat out Denon 7K in jazz.

Jan 9, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #4 of 13
Well, you shouldn't make comments like that about headphones you haven't listened to. D7000 is actually way ahead of the d2000 and don't have any of the characteristics you described about the d2000. But I do agree about what you said about the d2000 though. I think with their lush sound signature, the d7000 sounds great with jazz. The tone is very lush and romantic, with very sweet highs. I'm not a classical listener so I can't comment about that, but for jazz, the d7000 are very nice. The la7000 are another step up from those, and are more neutral and coherent.

Jan 9, 2012 at 9:43 PM Post #5 of 13
I apologize. I really try to keep in line with that custom but I do at odd times step out of bounds. I just did my best to try to inform the OP, in this case, I might've accidentally misinformed.

Jan 9, 2012 at 10:01 PM Post #6 of 13
Well, really a lot of people make that assumption about the differences between the two. Most of the comments made about them sounding close to the same are from people who really haven't listened to both. But I will say this, the differences are enough for me that, I didn't like the d2000, and I loved the d7000. They both sound like they are from the same manufacturer. And they both are bass heavy, but that's where it ends. At least IMO.

So to the op, the la version are more balanced and neutral than the stock d7000. The d7000 may be too lush for classical.

Jan 10, 2012 at 12:59 AM Post #7 of 13
If I were you I would choose T5ps. Under one condition though - you are not going to use them for any other kind of music - classical and symphonic only.

Plus, remember, that htey are quite difficult to drive. You need a very good portable amp like a Stepdance or a good desktop amp to drive them properly.

Jan 10, 2012 at 5:40 AM Post #8 of 13
Thank you for all answers. I have a IBasso D4 for drive it. And my portable source is diymod 5.5g. May be i can change my source for example Hifiman's or Ipod with Solo or Colorfly or Fostex

I will use the headphone for classical, jazz (specially 50s-65s) and soundtrack.

Still do you think T5p's is good choise?

Jan 10, 2012 at 6:42 AM Post #9 of 13

Quote:
Thank you for all answers. I have a IBasso D4 for drive it. And my portable source is diymod 5.5g. May be i can change my source for example Hifiman's or Ipod with Solo or Colorfly or Fostex

I will use the headphone for classical, jazz (specially 50s-65s) and soundtrack.

Still do you think T5p's is good choise?

Good choice.

Jan 10, 2012 at 10:38 AM Post #10 of 13
What about DT660?

I just read DavidMahler's review on head-fi: http://www.head-fi.org/t/559542/i-truly-believe-these-are-one-of-the-best-classical-music-headphones-ive-ever-heard

Is it overrated?

Jan 10, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #11 of 13
The Ultrasone Edition 8 or Edition 9 willbe better pick and they open up with portable AMPs help.

Mar 13, 2012 at 2:21 PM Post #13 of 13
I bought Beyer's DT 660 and all i can say they are really very good with classical. I adored it. Thank you all for recommendations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back