La Figaro 339
Dec 6, 2012 at 3:29 AM Post #1,186 of 6,903
Quote:
Wow Im interested in the adapter, looks neat! I thought hard about an adapter for the other way around, with 6J5 socket to use 6SJ7 but I ended up with problem in order to make the physical connection between the two socket. Care to share a pic?

Me too, I'm interested!

Dec 6, 2012 at 5:19 AM Post #1,187 of 6,903
6c5 needs to be biased hotter so a sole pin adapter is not enough imho. i forgot all the reasons why but i ended up giving up on a multi driver configuration

Dec 6, 2012 at 10:21 AM Post #1,190 of 6,903
Btw, I contacted keph to get in touch with Yuking, but he hasn't been able to get a hold of him. I'll keep you posted if/when I have news

Thanks! I do appreciate that. I know Liu is sending me something, just not exactly sure what that is. I think a new 339 plate. I'll have 3 of them when this is all said and done, I need to find something creative to do with the other two :)

Dec 6, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #1,191 of 6,903
Quote:
Wow Im interested in the adapter, looks neat! I thought hard about an adapter for the other way around, with 6J5 socket to use 6SJ7 but I ended up with problem in order to make the physical connection between the two socket. Care to share a pic?

I had meant adapter from 6j5 socket to 6sj7, this is the easiest way and not required extra parts.
The simple prototype I made worked  fine so I have ordered, all I need to assemble the adapters, like octal  base with gold plated pins, and teflon socket and some hock-up wires but I've not time to do this before Christmas...
6sj7 as well as 6j5 will work well with low current, don't have to push 6j5 it to bias it on 10mA current, better is run hotter the power tube which I tried and I get rid a bit of the distortion on low load and even decreased the output impedance.

Dec 9, 2012 at 2:44 PM Post #1,192 of 6,903
hi guys.. new to the forum. i ordered a 339 from yuking09 but haven't received a confirmation or something, liu have just asked about my zip anf phone number, how much time does it take to ship the amp?  sorry for the bad english

Dec 10, 2012 at 3:24 AM Post #1,193 of 6,903
Quote:
hi guys.. new to the forum. i ordered a 339 from yuking09 but haven't received a confirmation or something, liu have just asked about my zip anf phone number, how much time does it take to ship the amp?  sorry for the bad english

It depends. Some are delivered within the week, others take a couple of weeks. Depends where you are I guess and if he has any in stock.

Dec 10, 2012 at 5:54 AM Post #1,194 of 6,903
Hey guys!

My right channel broke down this weekend.
Volume is either lowish compared to the left channel, or the same as the left channel but heavily distorted and kind of "wobbly" if that makes any sense.

I talked to a service shop and they don't know if they can fix it without schematics of the amp.

So, does anyone have it, or know where to get it?

I have asked the seller (Chinese guy) and he told me he would ask the factory but that he doesn't know if they would give it to him/me...

Also, it's not tube related - I have swapped several different tubes and get the same result all the time.

Dec 10, 2012 at 5:58 AM Post #1,195 of 6,903
Quote:
Hey guys!

Volume is either lowish compared to the left channel, or the same as the left channel but heavily distorted and kind of "wobbly" if that makes any sense.

I talked to a service shop and they don't know if they can fix it without schematics of the amp.

I have asked the seller (Chinese guy) and he told me he would ask the factory but that he doesn't know if they would give it to him/me...

Also, it's not tube related - I have swapped several different tubes and get the same result all the time.

I'm sorry to hear. What's not to understand, this is a point to point design. Should be pretty easy to measure out where the problem is.

On mine, one of the resistors broke but it was very easily replaced. Your 339 might be an updated version though.
Take the amp with you, they'll see it's easy to work on.

Dec 10, 2012 at 6:23 AM Post #1,196 of 6,903
Quote:
Hey guys!

Like Ultrainferno said one of the 10W/100 ohm resistor in CRCRC filter or the 50W/470 ohm cathode resistor could be  faulty.
Full schematic with all my measurements you can find in my picture folder.
I hope it help.

Dec 10, 2012 at 7:23 AM Post #1,197 of 6,903
Yeah, I just took a chance and left it just now with the repair guy on my lunch break.
I told them it's a clean design so hopefully.....

Wall-E, thanks, but I was thinking more of schematics like in "put on paper" - like a plan of a building.

Dec 10, 2012 at 7:24 AM Post #1,198 of 6,903
Quote:
Yeah, I just took a chance and left it just now with the repair guy on my lunch break.
I told them it's a clean design so hopefully.....

Wall-E, thanks, but I was thinking more of schematics like in "put on paper" - like a plan of a building.

If the internals look like the one in the pic I posted, and if your service guy knows what he's doing, it shouldn't be a problem and he should see immediately what is what :wink:

Dec 10, 2012 at 8:00 AM Post #1,199 of 6,903
Quote:
Hey guys!

Do you have another tube to swap out? A bad or failing tube can affect the sound as well as the volume on a particular channel.

Dec 10, 2012 at 8:01 AM Post #1,200 of 6,903
Quote:

If the internals look like the one in the pic I posted, and if your service guy knows what he's doing, it shouldn't be a problem and he should see immediately what is what :wink:

Yeah, I really hope so!!

I friend of mine that lives hundreds of miles from me is coming up for a visit this weekend and I have been bragging about my La Figaro to him. He is ofc eager to hear it.
If I don't have it then he will think im just boasting 
deadhorse.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back