La Figaro 339
Dec 1, 2012 at 2:44 PM Post #1,171 of 6,903
Sometimes along the journey, you realize you were already at your destination.....

Dec 1, 2012 at 3:17 PM Post #1,172 of 6,903
I think it would, maybe not same mods but similar. It hard to say looking only from picture of internal layout circuit, as I see the power output of the Darkvoice 337 is a cathode follower configuration with two triodes in parallel, same voltages but double current and more output power, same as LF339, the difference could be in input wiring both can use pentodes like 6sj7 but the LF339 have it connected as a triode, to make it more interesting it used very rare configuration with grounded - plate BTW... I have never seen such connection pentodes in any known to me pre-amps I think it is a way to run it at lower current than normal and might give lower noise. Generally triode connection is desirable for a pre-amplifiers because triodes are inherently less noisy than pentodes self.
If you can draw a schematic and do some measurement voltages and currents it would be very helpful?

I will find someone to check that for me and come back to u..in meantime i will try to draw a schematic also..wish me luck.. :D

Dec 2, 2012 at 1:25 PM Post #1,174 of 6,903
What the hell did they do to that amp! To get the tube cage dented like that...
sorry about all your troubles, I hope everything gets sorted out soon. You should have shipped it back and asked for a new one, I think

Dec 2, 2012 at 1:34 PM Post #1,175 of 6,903
That is extraordinary damage for shipping! I would send an PM to Keph and send him the pictures and e-mail exchanges and see if he can broker a replacement unit for you.

Dec 2, 2012 at 3:17 PM Post #1,176 of 6,903
OMG, thats terrible..never saw any amp arriving in that state..did they throw with the amp or something...didnt the package had 'breakable goods' sticker on it? I would ask for an rma..u had it sent by insured mail right? If so i think u have the right to rma the amp..seriously..those dents can only be caused by throwing of some sorts.. Am really sorry bout this.. Good luck mate!
But i see one of the guys gave u good advice . (kittycat lolz) is a great guy... Oops.. Sorry..we are all good guys..and girls ofcourse :D

Dec 2, 2012 at 8:32 PM Post #1,177 of 6,903
I own the 332C and I emailed them for some parts. Never got what I asked for. They have a complete lack of English. I would never order from them direct again because of the lack of communication. I would order from one of the Chinese dealers that sell their equipment. Even if it cost a little more at least you have someone you can talk to if there is a problem or you need service. I am guessing that Lafigaro is so small that they cannot afford an English speaking employee.

Dec 3, 2012 at 12:02 AM Post #1,178 of 6,903
Quote:
I own the 332C and I emailed them for some parts. Never got what I asked for. They have a complete lack of English. I would never order from them direct again because of the lack of communication. I would order from one of the Chinese dealers that sell their equipment. Even if it cost a little more at least you have someone you can talk to if there is a problem or you need service. I am guessing that Lafigaro is so small that they cannot afford an English speaking employee.

i completely agree with him!!

Dec 5, 2012 at 8:28 AM Post #1,180 of 6,903
Keph does travel for business to areas that do not have Internet. He has disappeared for a couple of weeks at a time so be patient with his reply.

Dec 5, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #1,182 of 6,903
WALL-E: Have you tried different bypass coupling caps in material and value? I have some teflon and russian pio id like to try out. I do trust my ear but lack of direct comparaison always left me wondering if the sound is any better... So I haven't got the time and courage to use them. Lazyness or maybe I just like the sound the way it is..  I guess thats the kind of things I would like to see graphed with an analysing tool.

ULTRA: I felt since the beginning of owning this amp that I prefer it dark and bassy because it is so clean and fast already, no need for more speed. That is why I loved TS 6SJ7GT with them, such a warm driver. Just the highs were a little muted I felt...
Anyway I experimented some resistors values and came up with just the right mix of bass for my ears. The receipe is in the soldering! Many component switch were needed to achieve the balance.
Just for the sake of some 339 electro photons:

Dec 5, 2012 at 7:43 PM Post #1,183 of 6,903
Quote:
WALL-E: Have you tried different bypass coupling caps in material and value? I have some teflon and russian pio id like to try out. I do trust my ear but lack of direct comparaison always left me wondering if the sound is any better... So I haven't got the time and courage to use them. Lazyness or maybe I just like the sound the way it is..  I guess thats the kind of things I would like to see graphed with an analysing tool.

No I didn't I just have sentiment to some brands from my past, I like the wima expectedly series mkp10 in low value (0.1-1uf) used them often to bypass electrolytic caps in power supply circuits and not only, with very good results. Having good caps in power supply (high ripple current and low esr) is not necessary to bypass them because they almost ideal but worth to try, certainly does not hurt. Definitely more audible will be bypass output coupling cap even with some exotic and some times expensive brands caps.

I just working on this amp to improve it even more and get it more flexible, I made a prototype of adapter which allow me use tubes 6c5,6j5,cv1067 alternately with 6sj7,rca5693..without any switches, also testing different ways (types) of biasing the input stage and few thing will be adjusted too...

Dec 6, 2012 at 12:55 AM Post #1,184 of 6,903
Wow Im interested in the adapter, looks neat! I thought hard about an adapter for the other way around, with 6J5 socket to use 6SJ7 but I ended up with problem in order to make the physical connection between the two socket. Care to share a pic?

Dec 6, 2012 at 12:58 AM Post #1,185 of 6,903
Id like to bypass the coupling cap with my russians. They are teflon T3 0.1uF huge baby (almost 3cm diameter) and 40Y9 PIO 1uF (also huge).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back