La Figaro 339
May 22, 2015 at 4:54 PM Post #3,032 of 6,903
I'd check the ground on the volume pot. Good luck.

Will do that sometime, thanks.
Could a capacitor have went bad? I had noise on my Lyr through one channel and found it was a capacitor issue.

Well, I don't know, I hope not but I don't think so, because if I'm not touching the volume knob, the amp is perfect.
normal_smile .gif

My DAC finally arrived today (odac revB).
And I must say I am amazed by the sound of the amp with the HD 650.
It is absolutely phenomenal!
I don't really care about the small issue anymore, it's sooo good.
biggrin.gif

I feel the warmer 6C5 version suits me well.
It came with 6N5P power tubes and 6C5C input tubes.
I ordered RCA 6AS7G, 6080 and 6J5GT, 6C5GT tubes to try them out. (The 6c5 type input tubes are cheap, and I like that.)

It is a huge leap forward from my previous setup (denon ah-d2000 + total bithead).
Aaahh can't stop listening to music.
bigsmile_face.gif

Thanks everyone!

May 23, 2015 at 12:52 AM Post #3,033 of 6,903
  if I'm not touching the volume knob, the amp is perfect.
normal_smile%20.gif

Check the cables connected to the volume, they must have lost solder or something..

Have been using 5693 Red Hots and Svetlana 6AS7G for the last few weeks. Good combo.

May 23, 2015 at 5:02 AM Post #3,034 of 6,903
Well, I don't know, I hope not but I don't think so, because if I'm not touching the volume knob, the amp is perfect.
normal_smile%20.gif

I don't really care about the small issue anymore, it's sooo good. :D

I ordered RCA 6AS7G, 6080 and 6J5GT, 6C5GT tubes to try them out. (The 6c5 type input tubes are cheap, and I like that.)

It is a huge leap forward from my previous setup (denon ah-d2000 + total bithead).
Aaahh can't stop listening to music. :bigsmile_face:

Thanks everyone!

Well
normal_smile%20.gif

I don't really care about the small issue anymore, it's sooo good. :D

Aaahh can't stop listening to music. :bigsmile_face:

Thanks everyone!

Oh, I am glad you can enjoy this lovely amp.

Although I have never listened to the ODAC, I owned its near sibling, Modi gen. 1. A nice dac. (I have many more things to say here I am withholding)l out of respect for decorum).

I am interested in your impressions of your new tubes.

Best wishes,

Junyuan

May 23, 2015 at 1:32 PM Post #3,036 of 6,903
DT 880 600 ohm is absolutely lovely on a proper otl amp. On the La Figaro 339 I can hardly believe my ears that such authentic commentary was and is throughout the present--possible.

Adjectives which readily come to my mind include the following:

•A tone to die for
•Holographic stage with cheap tubes
•Deep, deep bass when recording mandates--also incredibly visceral
•A fantastic pairing with the royal Beyerdynamic DT 880 600 ohm, the venerable Senheiser HD 6xx0, or the intoxicating AKG K7XX.

No amp in my inventory approaches the engagement th La Figaro 339 offers.

May 23, 2015 at 6:30 PM Post #3,037 of 6,903
For the HE-500, I challenge anyone to come up with a better combo than the stock power tubes paired with my Svetlana mesh plate input tubes I bought for 12 USD.

Red RCAs are inferior by far, the Telefunken EF 86 (which cost 100 USD) are inferior, and so are my Sylvania 6SJTs.

The only thing I can think of at this point is trying Tung-Sol 5998s for the power tubes.

May 23, 2015 at 7:34 PM Post #3,038 of 6,903
For the HE-500, I challenge anyone to come up with a better combo than the stock power tubes paired with my Svetlana mesh plate input tubes I bought for 12 USD.

Red RCAs are inferior by far, the Telefunken EF 86 (which cost 100 USD) are inferior, and so are my Sylvania 6SJTs.

The only thing I can think of at this point is trying Tung-Sol 5998s for the power tubes.

Tried the tung sol 6sj7gt mesh plates yet?

May 23, 2015 at 11:52 PM Post #3,040 of 6,903

Svetlana best ! Which one is it ?

May 24, 2015 at 10:35 PM Post #3,041 of 6,903
  Tried the tung sol 6sj7gt mesh plates yet?

Svetlana best ! Which one is it ?

Sorry for the late response. No, I need to try those too. And of course I was being slightly facetious as in I am sure there are better tubes available somewhere.

They are Svetlana EF 86 mesh-plates. 

Jun 1, 2015 at 8:56 AM Post #3,043 of 6,903
nice tubes. would advise to get on it, if you don't have them already (paging Liu)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back