La Figaro 339
Nov 5, 2023 at 1:31 AM Post #6,886 of 6,903
Nov 11, 2023 at 1:48 AM Post #6,889 of 6,903
La Figaro 339i is back and that's where it will remain. With the older model silver LF339 gone, I have only absolute love for this black beauty. To think that it almost slip from my hand is unthinkable. Tonight I put it to the test comparing it to the Auralic Taurus Mk2. To my ears, it beat the Taurus hands down but then again I'm a tube amp lover. I hear almost all solid state as being digital and 2 dimensional. Tube amps such as the LF339i just have the euphony and tube goodness. I've heard many amps both solid state and tube amps but I reckon the La Figaro is the best value OTL amp there ever is.

Running Mullard EF86 with Bendix 6080wb, it's a mixture of clarity, details, warmth and cosy fireplace relaxation. Strangely without comparing with the older model, the LF339i sound just right. I just can't stop listening. The just arrived Auralic Taurus Mk2 is sitting on the right corner and I haven't plug my HE1000se jack into it for the last hour. HE1000se mates perfectly with the LF339i OTL amp. Anyone who tells you otherwise haven't listen to it yet and I'm comparing it with a solid state amp that is supposed to be great with low impedance planar magnetics and yet I prefer the La Figaro.

I realize Im replying to something several years old, but I just wanted to mention that I tried the he1000se with the Lafigaro 339 tonight and its an absolutely stellar experience.
Ive had this amp for probably 8 years at this point and never thought to try the two together. Synergy is unreal.

Nov 11, 2023 at 2:11 AM Post #6,890 of 6,903
I realize Im replying to something several years old, but I just wanted to mention that I tried the he1000se with the Lafigaro 339 tonight and its an absolutely stellar experience.
Ive had this amp for probably 8 years at this point and never thought to try the two together. Synergy is unreal.

Better late than never. However La Figaro 339i is no more for me. It's now UltimatE and soon SupremE as well. :) Also I no longer have HE1000se but have Susvara instead.

Jan 21, 2024 at 9:31 AM Post #6,892 of 6,903
To sell it on here you'll need to post it in the classifieds section but you'll need to get your post count up first and get verified.

Feb 13, 2024 at 9:18 PM Post #6,893 of 6,903
I've been watching this thread for a while and it sounds like this amp really hits above it's price point. I had to sell a Quicksilver headphone amp and I am looking for the next thing. How would you guys say this amp is like? Hoping for more information. Looks like you guys got it for a great price at the time too.

Feb 13, 2024 at 9:43 PM Post #6,894 of 6,903
Feb 20, 2024 at 6:31 PM Post #6,895 of 6,903
Hi people here.

I have been using the 339 for over ten years without any problems.
However, in recent months I have had the problem that the left channel is becoming increasingly quiet, so I have to adjust the volume control.
I thought it was the tubes, but after replacing them the problem persisted.
could reduce values within the components that would have to be replaced.
Has anyone else had these specific problems and were able to solve them?
I would like to fix it so that I can enjoy this amplifier for many years to come.

greetings from the Netherlands.

Peter

Feb 20, 2024 at 6:34 PM Post #6,896 of 6,903
Hi people here.

I have been using the 339 for over ten years without any problems.
However, in recent months I have had the problem that the left channel is becoming increasingly quiet, so I have to adjust the volume control.
I thought it was the tubes, but after replacing them the problem persisted.
could reduce values within the components that would have to be replaced.
Has anyone else had these specific problems and were able to solve them?
I would like to fix it so that I can enjoy this amplifier for many years to come.

greetings from the Netherlands.

Peter
You'll have to do a little research on which parts to replace or upgrade in your machine. If your handy with a soldering iron you can do this on your own. If not find a trustworthy member that can do it for ya.

Feb 20, 2024 at 6:42 PM Post #6,897 of 6,903
You'll have to do a little research on which parts to replace or upgrade in your machine. If your handy with a soldering iron you can do this on your own. If not find a trustworthy member that can do it for ya.
Thank you for the response.
Indeed, this will be due to the values of components and I could find that out from a measuring point of view.
but I don't actually know which components would be most directly responsible for this.
maybe there are more owners with these experiences

Feb 20, 2024 at 6:49 PM Post #6,898 of 6,903
Thank you for the response.
Indeed, this will be due to the values of components and I could find that out from a measuring point of view.
but I don't actually know which components would be most directly responsible for this.
maybe there are more owners with these experiences
@bcowen might know some folks

Mar 5, 2024 at 3:28 PM Post #6,900 of 6,903
The problem or actually there was no problem has been solved.
Headphones were the problem, not the amplifier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back