La Figaro 339
Apr 15, 2020 at 3:43 AM Post #4,667 of 6,903
Not really liking the inclusion of pre-amp lines. I hope they are not always-on like on the Darkvoice.

Apr 15, 2020 at 8:23 AM Post #4,668 of 6,903
Absolutely gorgeous, @xmdkq, congratulations! Long-standing proud owner of the original 339 here, and I always thought of it as being timeless. It provides me so much joy, I didn't see, why I would ever want to upgrade (yes, some of the mods shared were tempting). Here I go, hoping we all get out of this crisis and you keep building those wonderful devices. Thank you!

Apr 15, 2020 at 10:05 AM Post #4,670 of 6,903
...having addressed the looks, the question remains how it sounds! :) Eagerly awaiting your review over on Headfonia.

I reviewéd the orignial 339 way back in 2011 or so, it was the first 339 review on a main western platform. Many amps were sold after that simple review, lol.
https://www.headfonia.com/lafigaro-339-my-fav-otl-amp/

There are no direct plans to review the newest version, but if multiple readers want me to look at it again, I can contact Yuking.

Apr 15, 2020 at 10:39 AM Post #4,671 of 6,903
I reviewéd the orignial 339 way back in 2011 or so, it was the first 339 review on a main western platform. Many amps were sold after that simple review, lol.
https://www.headfonia.com/lafigaro-339-my-fav-otl-amp/

There are no direct plans to review the newest version, but if multiple readers want me to look at it again, I can contact Yuking.

I know, I know, and I actually blame you for my good fortune, as the amp and my HD650 became an inseparable couple since then! I see, I misread your post then, I thought you actually had access to one. Alright, let me put this into the hands of the community, Yuking, but I also bank on your insatiable curiosity (unless you put your tubes out for recycling in the meantime).

May 2, 2020 at 9:07 PM Post #4,680 of 6,903
Dusting off my tubes in anticipation :).

Just went over to eBay and I’m shocked by the extent prices have moved over resent years. Given the finite supply, I guess, there is only one direction....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back