L.K.S. Audio MH-DA004 Dual ES9038PRO DAC - Van Damme's double impact?
Jun 10, 2018 at 6:51 AM Post #946 of 4,419
Jun 10, 2018 at 12:51 PM Post #950 of 4,419
....finally got my pink faun capacitor(s). They sent 4 free of charge with free postage - good guys!
Got 'cold feet' about reflow gun and just went traditional with a very very fine tip on the 'iron'. Cleaned up the pads with wick and tinned them and the legs of the new cap. Then placed the cap. in the demarcated area, went slightly squiffy by about half a millimeter! Never the less - made good solid contact and silver solder connection between the PCB & cap. Now sounds as good as before.
:ok_hand:

Jun 10, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #951 of 4,419
....finally got my pink faun capacitor(s). They sent 4 free of charge with free postage - good guys!
Got 'cold feet' about reflow gun and just went traditional with a very very fine tip on the 'iron'. Cleaned up the pads with wick and tinned them and the legs of the new cap. Then placed the cap. in the demarcated area, went slightly squiffy by about half a millimeter! Never the less - made good solid contact and silver solder connection between the PCB & cap. Now sounds as good as before.
:ok_hand:

Makes me wonder, why didn’t you reflow the cap when it was seemingly loose before? Anyways, good jobs!

Jun 10, 2018 at 2:48 PM Post #953 of 4,419
I just didn't want to tamper with it while it was still working. No great mystery really. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" :nerd:
LOL, you are just like me, only tinker where needed and Lazy to do any things if it is unnecessary when having disposable skills set for the job

Jun 10, 2018 at 6:30 PM Post #957 of 4,419
Yes sir, I am using 970Pro

So where is the i2s?

CPU NVMe SSD.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2018 at 7:25 PM Post #960 of 4,419
Yes, that's what I thought but I just wanter to check! Any chance of a quick (flow) chart from: SSD (music source) > to headphones/speakers?
Well, I try to not install anything that is not necessary for the music sake , everything is turned off. Just Windows OS, J-river and Music :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back