KSC75 -- Wow.
Nov 1, 2006 at 12:04 AM Post #106 of 126
Yep. Me, too. Just got mine and tried them today for the first time. I am really surprised at how good they sound for $12+ (free shipping from Amazon since purchased with other stuff...).

Astounding indeed.

Nov 2, 2006 at 12:27 PM Post #107 of 126
I'm on the cusp of buying some KSC75s. (about £15 inc shipping from Amazon.co.uk)

The PX100s are only £5 more on Amazon when you work it out with shipping, but I swore off Sennheissers when they kept breaking in travel. The money's not the main bother, but comfort and overall sound is. I listen to everything from classical and jazz to rock and dance.
Should I go for Senns again?

Nov 3, 2006 at 7:44 AM Post #108 of 126
Yesterday I went headphone shopping--looking for comparisons to the UE Triple.fi 10 Pro I have on order.

I listended to much of the high end Grado line RS2, RS1, and GS1000 as well as the Shure E500PTH.

On the way back from the store I stopped into Radio Shack and picked up a set of KSC75- to tide me over while I wait for the Triple.fi.

I was amazed at how good they are for $24! I am not saying that they are in the same league wiht the others I demoed, but I could still enjoy them. A great economy buy.

Thanks to all who have recommended them.

Laurence

Nov 3, 2006 at 10:23 AM Post #109 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by biged
I like the Portapro's better (a friend of mine is borrowing them right now, might sell him my 130's after they have been fixed). I can't stand the 75's clips, so I put them (75's) on my Sportapro headband for my gym use. I had forgot how good they are, until one day while leaving them with a friend, I had to use some Creative earbuds. I beat the crap out of my 75's in the gym and they just ''keep on ticking''.

Ed

I have the sporta, I much prefer headbands. So is it a easy snap on? Will the driver clip back onto the ksc75 once its taken out?

Also, the 75's they have on amazon, is it the version with volume control? Hope not.

Nov 4, 2006 at 10:22 PM Post #110 of 126
I'll be getting a pair of these fabulous sounding creatures directly and am excitedly looking foreward to adding my impressions of the 75s to this thread real soon!

Hard to imagine that something with such a reasonable price could sound so good!

These will be replacing my MS-1s for computer duties and I'm wondering if anyone here has ever heard of a way to safely, and with the flip of a DPDT switch, perhaps, route both channels into just one side for those times when the Wife is really insisting that She is being ignored if she sees the ear she is talking to wearing a phone housing on her side of his head!?
plainface.gif

.....nah...the Wife TOOK my MS-1s for HER computer!!
mad.gif

tongue.gif

Nov 4, 2006 at 11:22 PM Post #111 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by kenchi1983
I have the sporta, I much prefer headbands. So is it a easy snap on? Will the driver clip back onto the ksc75 once its taken out?

Also, the 75's they have on amazon, is it the version with volume control? Hope not.

I bought mine from Eek Electronics on Amazon and it was the version without the volume control. I'm not sure about the one actually sold by Amazon.com though.

Nov 11, 2006 at 1:28 AM Post #112 of 126
I got these yesterday. For $12, they're excellent. Not $100 can-killers some people are suggesting, I don't think they even compete with cans in the $50 range. For <$20, they can't be beat. Maybe I'm not wearing them properly? They feel kinda loose like it'd fall off but no matter how hard I try, they stay on... like magic. They're a bit thin sounding but when I push the drivers closer to my ear, they sound wonderful. Any way to get them to fit more snugly?

Nov 11, 2006 at 2:22 AM Post #114 of 126
My favorite Koss configuration is KSC75 drivers with KSC35 clips. I prefer the 35 clips because they supply just the right amount of clamping force and I don't have to re-adjust like I did with the 75 clips. I also like how the clips don't fall off like they did when either set was attached to their original drivers.

Nov 11, 2006 at 4:24 AM Post #115 of 126
Kenchi, it is an easy fix. Snap on, snap off. I think I might go to the Aplle store and check out the new shuffle with them.

Take care, Ed.

Nov 11, 2006 at 4:48 AM Post #116 of 126
Mine sounded amazing until a poorly soldered recable attemp melted part of the driver...At least I think that is what happened...I'm still not sure, I threw them away anyhow.

Truly a great intro into buying a Grado. So really it's like an introduction to the introductory cans
wink.gif

Nov 11, 2006 at 5:57 AM Post #117 of 126
Hey! These really ARE nice little phones!! I think they're gonna have a permanent home plugged into my computer! They aren't a match for my amplified MS2i of course, but un-amped out of the computer they do a great job!! And for portable use unamped, they may even have unseated my MS-1s due to a shorter lighter cord and greater stability due to the way they're worn. They even seem to be kinder to my PCDPs battery! They can't beat the MS-1s in SQ, but the convenience goes a long way in making up for it!

Nov 11, 2006 at 8:26 AM Post #118 of 126
amazing sq. i tried them out on a friend's nano and it sounded horrible, even with my cmoy. of course i blamed his mp3's and refused to believe that such a highly regarded phone can sound so bad.

when i came home, i plugged them in with a 1/8" - 1/4" adaptor to my corda aria and it was an entirely different experience. simply amazing what 15 dollars can buy you. can't wait to burn them in and perform a little surgery (kramer mod) and possibly a recable just to play around.
600smile.gif

Nov 11, 2006 at 12:58 PM Post #119 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by laxx
amazing sq. i tried them out on a friend's nano and it sounded horrible, even with my cmoy. of course i blamed his mp3's and refused to believe that such a highly regarded phone can sound so bad.

when i came home, i plugged them in with a 1/8" - 1/4" adaptor to my corda aria and it was an entirely different experience. simply amazing what 15 dollars can buy you. can't wait to burn them in and perform a little surgery (kramer mod) and possibly a recable just to play around.
600smile.gif

I had a similar experience when I received my 75s and I plugged them into the wifes' cheaper MP3 player. The SQ was rather disapointing! In my PCDP for portable they sound great!! I sorta blamed the MP3 player as well.
frown.gif

Nov 11, 2006 at 2:36 PM Post #120 of 126
These are amazing little gems imo. What can beat them for 12 bucks, if there is something I sure do want to know about them. I use them amped, unamped, from the computer, from a portable cd player and a mp3 player. They are my favorite portable hp.

Hey Rich, its nice to see ya enjoying them
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back