KSC75 -- Wow.
Mar 11, 2006 at 1:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 126

Headphoneus Supremus
They just came in the mail today, and oh my god, they are insane. Compared to my A900, they:

-Have a little more midrange
-Less bass
-No isolation (was expected)
-They DO NOT leak as much sound an an SR60. That's what I was told here, and yes while they do leak sound, it is nowhere near as much as the SR60.

This is all before burn in!

Also, these are the only cans that have come close to the highs I used to enjoy on my SR60.

Mar 11, 2006 at 1:51 AM Post #2 of 126
I tried a guy's Sportapros a little while ago. I personally thought the bass was too boomy and the high end was somewhat dark almost having a muffled quality.

I think the PX-100s are a more refined headphone. While the mids and high end aren't really exaggerated they don't come through as being muffled. The bass is definately better than KSCs.

Personally for $15 or however much you pay for the Kosses it's a steal.

Mar 11, 2006 at 2:05 AM Post #3 of 126
Wow...the ksc75 just can't stop surprising/impressing people
wink.gif

Mar 11, 2006 at 3:11 AM Post #4 of 126
Glad you decided against the MX500s and are enjoying the KSC-75s.

Mar 11, 2006 at 4:03 AM Post #7 of 126
The KSC-75 is $12.75 on Amazon.com, probably $15 at Radioshack.

Although I'm a huge fan, they are definitely NOT better sounding than the HD555
tongue.gif
. It's just that...they get awfully close to 555 quality for a tenth of the price. The HD 555 is certainly better, but it's not a drastic improvement.

Mar 11, 2006 at 4:03 AM Post #8 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oistrakh
whats with the influx of KSC-75 threads lately?

Are they better sounding than HD 555?

I think its the local availability fomr rat shack+sale price. Pulling in a LOT more users.

Mar 11, 2006 at 7:30 AM Post #9 of 126
You know, they are good but I was really surprised, after hearing how good their bass performance is, when they UTTERLY stumbled on this song I have with a lot of low bass (Booty Clap by Prince Paul if anybody has it). No offense to KSC75-lovers but it was pathetic and pretty disappointing.

Mar 12, 2006 at 4:39 PM Post #10 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamP
I tried a guy's Sportapros a little while ago. I personally thought the bass was too boomy and the high end was somewhat dark almost having a muffled quality.

I think the PX-100s are a more refined headphone. While the mids and high end aren't really exaggerated they don't come through as being muffled. The bass is definately better than KSCs.

Personally for $15 or however much you pay for the Kosses it's a steal.

The Sporta's use the KSC35 driver, not the KSC75 driver. While they sound similar they are not exactly the same. I recently bought a pair of the $12.99 Sportapro's from J&R and was a bit disappointed with them right out of the box. I swapped the KSC35 drivers for my KSC75's with modded pads and they sound amazing. However, I am also running them out of an amp with a 75ohm resistor cable. The boomy bass you experienced gets a little better with burn-in but really smooths out with an amp. And the muffled high are helped greatly by modding the pads with a hole in the center, and again they also sound quite different when amped.

Mar 13, 2006 at 7:57 PM Post #11 of 126
just picked up some ksc75's a couple weeks ago but haven't been listening to them for long. the only other phones i've got are panasonic hje50's and sennheiser hd280's and i was expecting a little better bass, but i think i've just been used to the 280's deep extension. i don't know at the moment about the sound quality, but i know that the way the sound is presented (soundstage and highs) is interesting and helps to give variety to my collection.

i'm using a cmoy with the ksc75's and the difference is definitely noticeable, hopefully after burning them in, they'll improve a little.

Mar 14, 2006 at 3:32 AM Post #12 of 126
Congrats. I received a shock today myself when I tore the stock pads off my KTX-Pro1s (same drivers as the KSC-75) and put on some Sennheiser HD414 pads. Best sound I've ever heard under $100, and with the pads they were less than $20!

Mar 14, 2006 at 5:12 AM Post #13 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by fewtch
Congrats. I received a shock today myself when I tore the stock pads off my KTX-Pro1s (same drivers as the KSC-75) and put on some Sennheiser HD414 pads. Best sound I've ever heard under $100, and with the pads they were less than $20!

Its amazing what some minor mods / tweeks can do huh? Fewtch and I... we've have had our differences. But its nice when someone with such a keen sense of hearing and musical preferences can so clearly hear the rewards from a little tweek time
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
... and find enjoyment with a $20 junk-can.

Garrett

Mar 14, 2006 at 5:25 AM Post #14 of 126
I bought the ksc-75 this weekend. I am impressed by them. They sound much crisper than my older ksc-50. The bass is not as muddy and the fit is much improved. They also sound much better than my porta pro 2. I am amazed how much detail they have.

Mar 14, 2006 at 5:48 AM Post #15 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
Its amazing what some minor mods / tweeks can do huh? Fewtch and I... we've have had our differences.

I've had differences with just about everyone the last month or two... almost like I've had PMS or something, except I'm the wrong sex
tongue.gif
. Chalk it up to seasonal affective disorder... actually I consider you one of the friendliest, most considerate and positive head-fiers.

Quote:

But its nice when someone with such a keen sense of hearing and musical preferences can so clearly hear the rewards from a little tweek time
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
... and find enjoyment with a $20 junk-can.

These are really surprising. I'm not usually one for tweaks, but just putting on some different pads, I can deal with that one
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back