KSC75 -- Wow.
Oct 24, 2006 at 6:39 AM Post #91 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by biged
Sportapro?

Hmmm... I didn't sound the same. More bass, but less controlled, weak mids, overall a bit darker sounding than KSC75.
And so KSC75 drivers ended up in Sportapro headband (I didn't like the clips).

Some peaople saying that Portapro's are closer to KSC75 than Sportapro's, I haven't heard Portapros personally.

Oct 24, 2006 at 10:17 PM Post #92 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyKarma
oh man, bad news for me.. i was walking home from class and suddenly the left channel cut out on me. After some fiddling around with it I brought it back for the rest of my walk home, but it looks like I'm going to have to order another pair or pick up some at RadioShack tomorrow
frown.gif

Wow the same thing happened to mine! I was just using them and the left channel cut out on me. I took it apart but the cable still seemed to be soldered on tightly so I'm thinking the wire broke between the y-split and the headphone somewhere.
frown.gif
Guess I'll have to send them in for repair. Has anyone sent theirs in for repair before and how long did it take?

Oct 28, 2006 at 2:48 AM Post #93 of 126
The KSC75's have introduced me to the way music should sound. To me, buying them was like the first time I got a pair of glasses
smily_headphones1.gif
Everything is much clearer now, I cannot believe these cans can produce this sound
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 28, 2006 at 2:52 AM Post #94 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by richierich
I'm thinking about buying the Koss KSC75's but I don't like the earclip design. Is there any other Koss headphones that have the same guts but with a headband?

I dont like the earclips either. They are very uncomfortable. You know, the ksc75 earspeakers will fit on a sportapro headband if you buy both. But then I would just get a PX100 or iGrado for the price.

Oct 28, 2006 at 4:23 AM Post #95 of 126
I just got my first real headphones, K501's and I love them, but they made me really appriciate my KSC75's for rock/rap. Long live the KSC75's! I prefer my 75's unamped. They seem to lose something with the portable amps I have tried, strange......

Oct 28, 2006 at 9:41 PM Post #96 of 126
You are all EVIL!
evil_smiley.gif
I just picked up a pair at my local Rat Shack, and I'm quite impressed. Actually just ordered some HD414 pads from ebay too. I'm generally an IEM sort of guy, but these are pretty nice, especially considering the price!

I've got a some HD580's inbound too, so the journey from IEMs to full sized cans is starting.

This site is PURE EVIL and I hate you all!!!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 28, 2006 at 10:47 PM Post #97 of 126
I can't use my KSC75's anymore for the stupidest reason: the clip on my right headphone fell off and I can't find it.
frown.gif

The warranty doesn't cover that, does it?

Luckily these suckers are only 12 bucks so I can go and get as many replacements I want and still not pay as much money as a pair of hi-fi cans.

Oct 29, 2006 at 12:40 AM Post #99 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by lazee_bass_turd
I can't use my KSC75's anymore for the stupidest reason: the clip on my right headphone fell off and I can't find it.
frown.gif

The warranty doesn't cover that, does it?

Luckily these suckers are only 12 bucks so I can go and get as many replacements I want and still not pay as much money as a pair of hi-fi cans.

They do cover that. And it's lifetime warranty too.

Oct 29, 2006 at 1:56 AM Post #101 of 126
I like the Portapro's better (a friend of mine is borrowing them right now, might sell him my 130's after they have been fixed). I can't stand the 75's clips, so I put them (75's) on my Sportapro headband for my gym use. I had forgot how good they are, until one day while leaving them with a friend, I had to use some Creative earbuds. I beat the crap out of my 75's in the gym and they just ''keep on ticking''.

Ed

Oct 31, 2006 at 5:20 PM Post #103 of 126
HOLY crap

Just got my KSC75. They're amazing!!! They're so ridiculously detailed! The bass is nice and resonant. The highs are also amazing! The only fault is the dry sounding midrange.

Highly recommended.

[note: these are out-of-the-box impressions.]

I just got a pair of PX100 too and they have a very senn-like (maybe because they are senn
wink.gif
) sound signature compared to the slightly grado-ish sound of the KSC75. The PX100 has much stronger bass new-out-of-the-box and sound much more refined. The mids are more fluid.

I can't really say which one I like more though.
biggrin.gif
I guess I'll let 'em burn in for a few days and decide then...

Oct 31, 2006 at 7:01 PM Post #104 of 126
Hey gang, I posted a new thread before I saw this one..I had an old pair of abused ksc75's that finally developed an intermittent right channel. These had been abused and snagged numerous times before they finally developed a problem. They actually had white house paint all over the cabling LOL.

I boxed them up and sent them away to koss with a check for $6, 2 saturday's ago..Received my new ksc75's today..now thats a great warranty on a great sounding phone.

Steve

Oct 31, 2006 at 10:37 PM Post #105 of 126
Initial poster mentions A900's, Grado 60's and the KSC's... I have all three so I have to comment.... The KSC is amazing for the money but I still have to say that the best sounding headphone is the A900, then the Grado, then the Koss... basically you get what you pay for, even if the slope is steep.

All three are amazing headphones though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back