KSC75 -- Wow.
Oct 19, 2006 at 1:58 AM Post #76 of 126
I bought my 3rd pair of the KSC-75's a week ago.

My first pair the cable got torn accidentally, the second pair mysteriously dissapeared with my iPod out of my desk drawer.

I keep coming back to these for a cheap quick fix. I payed $65AUD as that's the cheapest we can find here, but this is definately a keeper.

Going to purchase the e500's as i find the 75's don't isolate very well, but for doing any exercise, jogging, or being out and about where you need to hear cars coming round, these things are absolutely perfect at their price point.

Oct 19, 2006 at 2:29 AM Post #77 of 126
Heh, funny this thread coming back now. I was just wearing mine today sitting in a waiting room rocking out while the wife was in with the doc. While I don't think they are quite in the $100+ range they are still very good and enjoyable to listen to. Nicely portable as well and good for stuffing in pockets. I did some bracket bending to fit better and they are more comfy for longer periods. I will have a little`play with pads shortly to see if they sound better with diferent ones.

Even at $25 they are well worth it.
cool.gif

Oct 19, 2006 at 2:41 PM Post #78 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyKarma
My KSC75s have probably close to 45-50 hours on them, and wow I love them. I was afraid that after I got the K81DJ that I would toss the KSC75 aside and use the K81DJ for walking to class or listening on the bus, but lately I've preferred the KSC75 because they're very comfortable (it took a little bending but the fit is perfect now) and the sound quality is amazing, and I'm expecting it will only be better when I get my LDM+. I still can't believe I got them for $12
580smile.gif

KSC75 and LDM+ pairs pretty well. An Amped KSC75 is a monster. IMHO its no slouch compared to USD$80 to 100 cans when amped.

Oct 19, 2006 at 4:13 PM Post #79 of 126
I bought my KSC-75 couple of weeks back from Eek Technology (via Amazon.com). Its cost was just $6.99. I don't think this phone would ever go below this price. Though I purchased it 2 weeks back, I happened to listen to it only yesterday.

I used my Panasonic CD player (see my sig for the model) to play some Hector Berlioz and Dvorak's symphonies. For the next 3 hours I was mesmerized by the smoothness and bass of KSC75. This phone is undoubtedly the best phone from Koss. When I got my SR60, I thought it would be the best phone anyone can get for <$100. But KSC75 has beaten it in every way. What else you expect from a $6.99 phone? I would keep/use this phone forever.

Probably we can rename this thread to "KSC75 appreciation thread"

Oct 19, 2006 at 4:36 PM Post #80 of 126
The KSC75 is the only headphone I've owned that actually disappears when listening to music. This may be because of the tiny size and low weight. But still, if effortlessly produces a very musical yet also an analytical tone. I'd be dazzled to see how the value for its price could be improved.

Oct 23, 2006 at 4:41 AM Post #81 of 126
Ok, another bump. Just got the KSC75 for under 13 bucks at Amazon. I am really, really pleased with these cans. Listening to the Lilys through my Pimeta and these things sing. Definitely worth the raves they receive. They're one of those cans that just kinda makes you feel good.
cool.gif

Oct 24, 2006 at 3:28 AM Post #83 of 126
oh man, bad news for me.. i was walking home from class and suddenly the left channel cut out on me. After some fiddling around with it I brought it back for the rest of my walk home, but it looks like I'm going to have to order another pair or pick up some at RadioShack tomorrow
frown.gif

Oct 24, 2006 at 3:52 AM Post #84 of 126
You know it has a lifetime warranty. Man, it's like this thread has become the official KSC75-related discussion place!

Oct 24, 2006 at 3:59 AM Post #85 of 126
Hi
Will I get enough loudness?
I ma also toying with iRiver T10, T20 and NEXX NF-315. How do the compare to the Zen Nano Plus in terms of sound quality?
Thanks

Oct 24, 2006 at 4:07 AM Post #86 of 126
wow awesome, thanks 003!
580smile.gif
I wish I had the tools to solder the wires back (I'm assuming they just came loose) but it's hard to find someone that brought a soldering iron with them to college
lambda.gif

Oct 24, 2006 at 4:08 AM Post #87 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyKarma
wow awesome, thanks 003!
580smile.gif
I wish I had the tools to solder the wires back (I'm assuming they just came loose) but it's hard to find someone that brought a soldering iron with them to college
lambda.gif

Check with your friendly ee major.

Oct 24, 2006 at 4:22 AM Post #88 of 126
I'm thinking about buying the Koss KSC75's but I don't like the earclip design. Is there any other Koss headphones that have the same guts but with a headband?

Oct 24, 2006 at 5:08 AM Post #90 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey
Check with your friendly ee major.

Unfortunately IU isn't much of an engineering school... all those kids are at Purdue
smily_headphones1.gif
In fact, now that I think about it, I haven't met one engineering major here at IU. I'm sure they're around but I'd rather just get new cans than mess with it
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back