KSC-75's HOT DEAL
Jan 27, 2006 at 9:32 PM Post #46 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonic_rage
It sounds bad with closed headphones?

So you recommend putting the drivers into an open set of headphones?

Yes... either that or a very large semi-open earcup type closed can... large enough to not impose any acoustic / resonance artifacts on the KSC signature.

IMHO the KSC drivers are very sensitive to whats behind them, whats in-front of them, proximity to the eardrum, and the cable thats feeding them. Small tweeks can yield very significant sonic differences.

Garrett

Jan 27, 2006 at 10:58 PM Post #47 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
Yes... either that or a very large semi-open earcup type closed can... large enough to not impose any acoustic / resonance artifacts on the KSC signature.

IMHO the KSC drivers are very sensitive to whats behind them, whats in-front of them, proximity to the eardrum, and the cable thats feeding them. Small tweeks can yield very significant sonic differences.

Garrett

Oh well.

It's weird these are 60 ohm, I would've expected them to be lower. Makes them a little harder power, at least wiht my Nano it is, they get loud enough though.

Feb 4, 2006 at 6:56 PM Post #48 of 68
So to bring this thread back on track, has ANYBODY other than the original poster found these for $9.99?

I'm not disputing that the guy did find the 75s at this prince and got a great deal, but before I start calling local Radio Shacks I'd like to know if any other stores have this same price.

Mar 21, 2006 at 6:25 PM Post #53 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
Thats the deal I cashed in on... a KSC75 and KTX for $26 shipped.
biggrin.gif

I did this yesterday. I also signed up for the free three months of Amazon Prime and got a free upgrade to 2nd Day Air. KSC75s and KTXPRO1s shipped 2nd Day Air for $26.98
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 21, 2006 at 7:32 PM Post #54 of 68
They were $15 at Radio Shack in the Washington Square Mall in Oregon last week when I bought my mom a pair.

Mar 21, 2006 at 8:23 PM Post #55 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by dkjohnso
Does the ktxpro1 have the same driver as the KSC line?

for all practical purposes the drivers are identical.

Garrett

Mar 21, 2006 at 8:25 PM Post #56 of 68
sorry to everyone who tried to buy this at the rat shack on broadway/wall street - i bought the last one.
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 21, 2006 at 8:41 PM Post #57 of 68
This thread is old .. anyway, KSC-75's were on sale at Radio Shack for $14.99 (total $16.23) until the 18th. I picked up two pairs (Sunnyvale-Saratoga and El Camino) - one for me and one for a guy in Canada.
biggrin.gif

Mar 21, 2006 at 9:36 PM Post #58 of 68
Anyone still hunting, you can get them for $20 at Circuit City. They don't have a volume slider, fortunately.

Mar 22, 2006 at 6:06 AM Post #60 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by dkjohnso
Does the ktxpro1 have the same driver as the KSC line?

Yep, but I really wouldn't recommend them without HD414 pads, or perhaps a hole cut in the earpads. Trouble is, the stock earpads are *very* difficult (perhaps impossible) to remove without tearing, so you may have to get some replacements no matter what.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back