KSC-75's HOT DEAL
Jan 22, 2006 at 6:01 PM Post #31 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Heyyoudvd
Radio Shack still exists? Weren't they bought out by Circuit City?

Because here in Canada, all the Radio Shacks I know of were renamed "The Source by Circuit City".

The story is that Radio Shack in Canada was an independent company from the U.S. parent. Circuit City bought RS Canada as a way to gain entry into the Canadian market -- they're chasing Best Buy, which bought Future Shop. Tandy USA sued CC and revoked their rights to use the Radio Shack brand, so CC had only a few months to rename the Canadian stores.

Jan 23, 2006 at 9:08 PM Post #34 of 68
the Berkeley one sucks. they tried to charge me more than i paid for my PX100s for those KSC75's! so i was like, no thanks.

Jan 26, 2006 at 8:26 AM Post #37 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by alexs
update from canada:

i went to the source, and they havent even heard of koss ksc75. they don't even have them at regular price. (this is in toronto)

Same in BC. They carry a few other Koss models, like the UR series and the KSC7.

Jan 26, 2006 at 9:55 AM Post #38 of 68
Radioshack must carry a differrent version because I was there today and they were all black ones (looked like Kcs35s) with the volume in the cord (which I don't like) and were 24.99+TAX!! , so I just went to amazon.com and got the regular ones that are black and white, and as far as I know is without volume control on the cord and were only 13.99 (and of course padded for free shipping with some I needed, a memory stick).

On the Koss website it shows the white and black as well and mentions nothing about a volume control. I do not like when they put volume controls in the cord.

Jan 27, 2006 at 5:38 PM Post #39 of 68
I just got mine from amazon.com (got here in 24 hours of ordering!!!), they are perfect for working out, which is why I got them and sound as good as the hype. So, believe the hype.

$13.99 from amazon.com and if you pad to $25, you get free shipping and the headphones get to you within 24 hours of ordering.

They are the ones WITHOUT the volume in the cord.

Jan 27, 2006 at 5:45 PM Post #40 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by BodiesOfLight
$13.99 from amazon.com and if you pad to $25, you get free shipping and the headphones get to you within 24 hours of ordering.

Thats the deal I cashed in on... a KSC75 and KTX for $26 shipped.
biggrin.gif

Jan 27, 2006 at 7:14 PM Post #43 of 68
The 6th Ave Radioshack near 20th st is also $24.99. Jesus, that volume slider is GIGANTIC!

Jan 27, 2006 at 9:11 PM Post #44 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by BodiesOfLight
Anyone put these drivers in a supraaural sized headphone? Or maybe even a HD201?

I put them in an MDRV6, using the stock KSC75 cable... and was less than impressed. The small closed earcup colors the midrange and it gives quite a snarl in the upper mids. Makes them sound very cluttered too IMHO.

Garrett

Users who are viewing this thread

Back