KSC-75's HOT DEAL
Jan 21, 2006 at 11:20 AM Post #17 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
actually, having a vol controller in the cord may not be a good thing - that's just another resistor in the signal chain that we may be better off without.

Remember though in the baby days of head-fi there was comparison between the Sennheiser mx400 and mx500, the only difference apparently being an inline volume adjuster on the mx500. Most people determined that the mx500 sounded better, or that they sounded the same.

Jan 21, 2006 at 9:16 PM Post #18 of 68
I stopped by my local rat shack just now and they had about 6 or so stocked on the shelf. I thought I would pick up a few if they were $9.99 but the price was $24.99...go figure. Maybe it was a pricing mistake that they have fixed...no koss for me.

Jan 21, 2006 at 9:50 PM Post #20 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsjong
It's still RadioShack in the US, but in Canada, it's the source. Nothing changed other than the name of the stores.

I'll check the Source tomorrow and see what I find.

Actually, they changed a lot of their stock. They don't stock the SPL meter that most Radio Shacks stock any more, for e.g.

Jan 21, 2006 at 10:47 PM Post #22 of 68
For $9.99 I am in for a pair!!!!
biggrin.gif

I just mailed KOSS my faulty KSC-35s (I hope they don't send me KSC-75s instead.) The left driver was sounding distorted.

Anybody know the UPC, or the Catalog # something like "33-1217" for the KSC-75s available at RadioShack? Check your reciepts.

Anybody else successful in finding them at their local store? I am going to try later today!!!!

Thanks

Jan 21, 2006 at 11:10 PM Post #23 of 68
If only it didn't have the in-line vol controller...

Jan 21, 2006 at 11:29 PM Post #24 of 68
I'm quite interested in this find. I really would prefer not to pay $6 to send my broke kosses for repair (cause it takes approx. 3 weeks from reports). Perhaps I shall scour my local ratshack and see if such phones there be.

Jan 22, 2006 at 12:05 AM Post #26 of 68
I just called our local RS and the price is 24.95- Is there a promotion number or smth to get the price down?

Jan 22, 2006 at 12:48 AM Post #27 of 68
I just got back from 2 of my local Radioshacks, supposedly these headphone models are being cleared out and they are not going to be restocking them either.

One Manager said that they were clearing them out before Christmas and at $9.99 they sold out fast, so kudos to those finding them at their local store at the low price. They showed me their computer screen and found some Koss headphones matching my discription as the "Koss Sport Clip" earphones which they recieved limited amounts of and were not getting more shipments.

For those that are marked still at $24.95 I guess it is just a matter of time before they are marked down for clearance. Or tell them that at another Radioshack store they are being cleared out at $9.99 and see what they say.
biggrin.gif

Radioshack is carrying another KOSS model that looks kinda like the KSC-75s but they have a headband, they are all silver and are supposedly referred to as the Koss Titanium series headphones. There was a model number on the packaging but it didn't seem familiar to me (it wasn't the KTXPRO1, KTX8, KTX6, UR10, nor the UR5 or other familiar headphone models.) It was inside a clear plastic blister pack and the decal paper was blue.

Thanks.

Jan 22, 2006 at 1:30 AM Post #28 of 68
just came back from the rat shack in Oakridge mall (San Jose). They have a bunch for $24, and the rebadged KTXPro1 on sale for $19.

Talked to the sales guy and asked why they are only $9 in LA? His thinking was that maybe they are independently owned franchises that have more flexibility for pricing and sale items.

The Volume slider thing is huge, same size asthe one on my KTX Pro1.. bad move by Koss IMHO.

Anyone know if this is the newest iteration of KSC75? Have they stopped production on the non-volume models?

Garrett

Jan 22, 2006 at 3:01 AM Post #29 of 68
well I checked CircuitCity today.. they still had the non volume ones..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back