KSC-75's HOT DEAL
Jan 21, 2006 at 5:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 68

legcramp

1000+ Head-Fier
Drop by your radioshack people..... I did on two of mines today.... They stocked up on Koss KSC-75's and there's A LOT of them..... 9.99 EACH!!!!!!!!!!

(apparently these are newer revisions.... everything looks the same but this version includes a volume controller)

Jan 21, 2006 at 5:33 AM Post #2 of 68
And yet the best price if can see in the UK is £20 (~$35). 350% mark up, truely is rip off Britain.
tongue.gif

Jan 21, 2006 at 5:37 AM Post #3 of 68
actually, having a vol controller in the cord may not be a good thing - that's just another resistor in the signal chain that we may be better off without. but let us know how it sounds!

Jan 21, 2006 at 5:42 AM Post #4 of 68
i was in radioshack twice today, i didn't see any KSC75s

Jan 21, 2006 at 6:44 AM Post #7 of 68
wow.... weird.. just notice they aren't even on thier website
confused.gif

and both of my radioshacks in SOCAL has them... lucky me!! I might pick up a pair! or two
k1000smile.gif

Jan 21, 2006 at 7:07 AM Post #8 of 68
Whoa!! Grab a pair or 2!!

Vol control huh?... My verdict is still out on these things. My KTXpro1 has the Vol slider and it is noticeably more conjested and lacks the upper frequency refinement of the KSC75. Its a decent signature still, but lacks the excitement that makes the KSC75 special.

Whether or not the volume control is the culprit... still remains to be determined. I have a spare KSC75 cable (without vol slider) I'm going to solder onto my KTX to see if it changes the sound.

I'll keep an eye out at my rat shack.

Is it rebadged as an "optimus"?... curious... maybe thats why its not showing up in the www site??

Garrett

Jan 21, 2006 at 7:19 AM Post #9 of 68
no, the box certainly said KSC-75's.. which as the older box.. the one I bought at Circuitcity.. I couldnt find "KSC-75" anywhere on it
biggrin.gif

But man... I wished they wouldve made them BLACK
mad.gif

Jan 21, 2006 at 7:35 AM Post #10 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Heyyoudvd
Radio Shack still exists? Weren't they bought out by Circuit City?

Because here in Canada, all the Radio Shacks I know of were renamed "The Source by Circuit City".

It's still RadioShack in the US, but in Canada, it's the source. Nothing changed other than the name of the stores.

I'll check the Source tomorrow and see what I find.

Jan 21, 2006 at 7:55 AM Post #11 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
I'll keep an eye out at my rat shack.

which one? are you anywhere near the Cupertino-De Anza or the San Jose-Stevens Creek/Saratoga?

Jan 21, 2006 at 8:18 AM Post #13 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by cire
which one? are you anywhere near the Cupertino-De Anza or the San Jose-Stevens Creek/Saratoga?

My nearest one is Branham / Almaden in south san jose.

My star quad recabled koss has more bass and less grainy upper mids. Overall smoother sound and a little more refined sounding. Unfortunately they are unuseable with the heavier cable.

Garrett

Jan 21, 2006 at 10:08 AM Post #15 of 68
They are an open type headphone. The pad sits flat on the ear and there is no isolation. They will also leak sound, though if listening at a reasonable volume I don't think it will be much of an issue. That said, I still use them as my portable headphone but that's really because I don't have any other choice
tongue.gif
. They are great headphones and I've owned all three iterations of them (KSC35, 55 and 75). Highly recommended, especially for that price!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back