KSC-35: Pinching problem?
Aug 26, 2011 at 4:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

smittysan89

500+ Head-Fier
So I had previously owned a pair of the venerable KSC-75s which were awesome until they unfortunately broke. Fast forward 5 years and I needed a cheap good sounding, comfortable portable headphone to use at the gym and skating around. So I found a good deal on a pair of KSC35s which from what I have read are superior to the KSC75s.

The KSC35s I got, had the pleather pads already on them, the problem is that I can't wear them for longer than 30 minutes before the pinching (especially on my left ear) is unbareable. I never experienced this with the KSC75s. Im thinking that maybe it has something to do with the pleather pads being larger than the stock pads, leaving less room? Has anyone else experienced this problem? I like their sound but the pinching is literally painful, as in the pain lasts for a good 10 minutes after I take them off.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Aug 31, 2011 at 10:51 PM Post #4 of 7
If I remember correctly, they are plastic clips. So there is no way you can bend the clip to fit your ears.

That's kinda why clips started to lose popularity

Sep 1, 2011 at 9:21 AM Post #5 of 7
You literally have to keep wearing it for about two months and allow your skin to get used to the pinching. Then it'll feel comfortable. I know it's not the best solution, but that's what I did.

Sep 1, 2011 at 10:50 AM Post #6 of 7
I can't believe no one's mentioned this: They do not come with pleather pads. That is a mod, and yes, the pads will probably make them pinch more since the pads are much thicker than the stock cloth covering. I think I may have tried that years ago and had the same thought about pinching. If you still have the stock cloth put it back on, or you can buy replacements (search online, or Koss website).

Jan 17, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #7 of 7
Take the clip of the KSC75 and snap the KSC35 driver enclosures on them. The plastic clips of the KSC35 are very uncomfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back