Kramer-mod... KSC75...
May 25, 2014 at 2:37 AM Post #497 of 542
Man modding the KSC75s was so easy! Drilled the holes in the driver cover and using some thick soft foam pads from a Sennheiser headset I had. I already had an old pair of lightweight headphones for the headband. They sound so dynamic and fun for the $8.99 I spent!

Jun 30, 2014 at 12:32 AM Post #498 of 542
Where is the best place to buy a pair of KSC75's in the US please?

On amazon they sell for $39 and on the Porta site they say $49 :frowning2:

Jun 30, 2014 at 1:02 AM Post #499 of 542
One minute on amazon US shows me that they are available for less than $20 including shipping, and that includes items sold directly by amazon as well as market and "fulfilled by amazon" deals.

Jun 30, 2014 at 7:54 AM Post #500 of 542
You know what happened, I was guided onto this thread from the Altman Tera website which said the best headphone with the Tera player is the Koss PortaPro with the Kramer mod.

It's the PortaPro which is $39 :-

The KSC 75 is $15 on Amazon.

I was looking for a good second pair of head phones to start a cheap but classic collection of headphones

I have at the moment HD650, and IE80s

Jun 30, 2014 at 8:54 AM Post #501 of 542
  You know what happened, I was guided onto this thread from the Altman Tera website which said the best headphone with the Tera player is the Koss PortaPro with the Kramer mod.

It's the PortaPro which is $39 :-

The KSC 75 is $15 on Amazon.

I was looking for a good second pair of head phones to start a cheap but classic collection of headphones

I have at the moment HD650, and IE80s

They aren't the best headphones (Koss KSC75) in the world but modded they can compare with headphones up to $200 imo. They have a nice detailed sound and with some EQ they can be pretty punchy and hit hard for their size. Don't expect them to rattle your brain but they'll definitely impress you for their size and price. They aren't incredibly revealing (but they are detailed) so they should be good with streaming pandora without  making it sound too bad.

I usually wear mine around the house doing chores with a Sound Blaster E1 connected through USB OTG Out into the E1. I find it increases the detail some and makes the bass punchier and the treble more airy.

I'm also thinking of switching the cable to one with a mic.

Replacement pads are cheap as well at around 3 pair for $5 or so from Amazon.

Jun 30, 2014 at 9:09 AM Post #502 of 542

They aren't the best headphones in the world but modded they can compare with headphones up to $200 imo. They have a nice detailed sound and with some EQ they can be pretty punchy and hit hard for their size. Don't expect them to rattle your brain but they'll definitely impress you for their size and price. They aren't incredibly revealing (but they are detailed) so they should be good with streaming pandora without  making it sound too bad.

I usually wear mine around the house doing chores with a Sound Blaster E1 connected through USB OTG Out into the E1. I find it increases the detail some and makes the bass punchier and the treble more airy.

I'm also thinking of switching the cable to one with a mic.

Replacement pads are cheap as well at around 3 pair for $5 or so from Amazon.

Sorry this is the Porta Pro you're talking about ?

Jul 25, 2014 at 6:42 AM Post #504 of 542
No matter how many pieces of new gear I try, the KSC75 remains great. Having payed $5 for them (I grabbed 3 pairs), I think they are they best value in audio. Nothing comes close to the sound quality/price ratio even at $15. To be fair I did mod and recable them. One of the easiest pairs to works with for modding and recabling. Sure they have their flaws, like everything does, but man...it's hard to deny their staying power. I've spent a good sum on other earphones and headphones that end up by the wayside while these babies still stand firm. I'm pretty sure they'll always have a place in my collection and getting a piece of head time. 

Edit: This comment was the result of rocking out to them for the past 4 hours while gaming.

Jul 25, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #505 of 542
Yup, I feel the same way about them. And also the akg k403's that I got for $18 (they really surprise me).

Aug 4, 2014 at 1:20 PM Post #507 of 542
In trying to remove the grill I accidentally dented the driver. It still sounds okay, but is the driver totally screwed now?

Edit: Found out about the scotch tape repair tactic. Amazing stuff. Just ordered some PX 200 pads in white.

Sep 29, 2014 at 12:04 AM Post #508 of 542
  Long time lurker, first time poster.

I made this on this subject:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMFGuNa2WEM

Hey trindysmom! I just wanted to say that I really love the sportapros with your mods. I have managed to accumulate a few headphones and I enjoy most of them, but over the summer I have listened to and enjoyed the trindysapros as much as any of them. They are very comfortable, very portable, but most importantly they sound ridiculously good. So, I just wanted to show my appreciation again for your great tutorial and say thanks!
beerchug.gif

Oct 3, 2014 at 6:40 AM Post #509 of 542
Late to the party here, but I just got some KSC75's for use with my Oculus Rift, as I was so tired of pulling my over-ears on and off every time I wanted to peak out of the Rift, and with no headband these seemed like the perfect headphones for that (not fond of IEMs). Cheap, stellar reviews talking about the bang for buck, and highly/easily moddable. I just wanted to say I did the Kramer mod and the quarter mod shortly after I got them and damn do these things sing! They really do live up to what everyone on here has been saying about them. $300 headphone killer? Maybe not, but they have a fun sound and are amazing for the money. Just wanted to thank the community for a great recommendation and give a shoutout to Kramer for the awesome mod and crazy following he's created around these little headphones.

Nov 30, 2014 at 6:49 AM Post #510 of 542
I totally removed grills from my Koss UR40 (same drivers as KSC75), now the only thing between the driver and my ears is thin felt. And sound has changed significally, it's finally opened up! In stock they really bored me with sibilance and harsh treble, now this problem is partially solved. But i don't recommend to remove the foam from back side - it makes the sound too tinny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back