Kozee Sound Solutions ** MAJOR CS ISSUES - NOT RECOMMENDED (info in first post) ** Custom IEMs & Reshell review
Mar 29, 2012 at 4:10 PM Post #751 of 852

Quote:
keep phoning, that is the only way you can reach him.

His work is still pretty good and the price is a joke. 

i think thats the best way, too! btw: he was very friendly at the phone.
i called him, and said: i phone tomorrow, if you have reached the post office. then he sent it with fedex... :wink:

good luck!

Apr 2, 2012 at 2:51 AM Post #754 of 852
And FINALLY: they've arrived but I'll need a refit. The left side is a bit off/loose.

They look BEAUTIFUL. If you want to see what's included, a video unboxing of them is uploading.

EDIT: Those who actually care, here's the video and it seems they don't include a case anymore.

Apr 12, 2012 at 12:04 AM Post #755 of 852
I have sent Kozee Solutions 3 similar emails over the past 2 weeks and there hasn't been a reply. I just got Adams email on the first page and tried emailing him. Hope that works. I am an international customer and it's hard to get things going if they don't reply to answer questions about how to go around ordering. Hope he replies.

Apr 12, 2012 at 10:17 AM Post #756 of 852

Quote:
I have sent Kozee Solutions 3 similar emails over the past 2 weeks and there hasn't been a reply. I just got Adams email on the first page and tried emailing him. Hope that works. I am an international customer and it's hard to get things going if they don't reply to answer questions about how to go around ordering. Hope he replies.

If you are having these issues now, do you really want to risk it?  He does eventually get the product back, and the finished product seems have good quality, but he can be a black hole.

Apr 12, 2012 at 5:32 PM Post #757 of 852
Initial turn around for my Kozee X1 order, 13x weeks!  And they didn't work!
Current turn around for replacements, 8x weeks and counting!  No response at all to emails.

All I would ask is products that work and delivery time as advertised.  If Adam needs 2-3 months then he should simply update the website to reflect this reality.  He can decide what expectations the customer should have by simply being honest from the start.

I ordered and sent in my impressions for a set of custom in ear canal phones from Kozee sometime between 7-18 March 2011 and didn't receive them till about 23 June 2011.  During the 13x weeks I waited for my X1's there were many gaps of weeks of no response to my emails.  When he did email he sounded very sincere and friendly but the empty gaps of time spoke louder than the nice words in between.

1. (In fairness to Adam at Kozee for this possibly taking slightly longer than normal I had sent in a mobile phone cable with in-line mic for my Nokia N8 to have as an extension cable for when I wanted to talk on my phone using the X1's.  The idea was to simply have a short cable on the canal phones so the mobile cable would be an extension.  No real complicated wiring; just shortening the OEM Nokia cable and putting an audio jack on the end.)

When he did finally email that he was done and sending the first pair to me weeks went by with nothing.  I emailed and got no response.  Finally I received them weeks after he advised he had already sent them.

To add insult to injury the left ear piece didn't work at all no matter what audio source I connected them to.  The right one had no bass at all and sounded like a disposable pair of cheap one use headphones.  I was so disappointed I put them on a shelf and forgot about them till recently.  I posted the defective headphones back to Kozee on about 18 Feb 2012 and have sent 3x emails to Adam.  I have received no response to any of them even though it has almost been 8x weeks.)

I'm hoping he can resolve the issue as it sounds like many people out there were quite satisfied with the products they eventually received.  I was quite happy with my Shure e4c earphones with custom canal sleeves from Sensaphonics though and now wonder if I should have stuck with what I knew was good.

Apr 12, 2012 at 11:59 PM Post #758 of 852

Quote:

You're going to have to call them, that's what I did. They haven't responded to emails in a long time. They are ridiculously helpful and nice on the phone though.

Apr 20, 2012 at 3:14 AM Post #759 of 852

Quote:
And FINALLY: they've arrived but I'll need a refit. The left side is a bit off/loose.

They look BEAUTIFUL. If you want to see what's included, a video unboxing of them is uploading.

EDIT: Those who actually care, here's the video and it seems they don't include a case anymore.

before sending them back for a refit.. have you tried the iem without the cable attached? mine had a slight issue but when the cable was removed it fit perfect. I found that the cable was making contact with my face right at the connection point, unseating the iem slightly.. I bent the cable away at that point and it corrected my problem.

Apr 21, 2012 at 12:14 AM Post #760 of 852
Yep, I've tried it without the cable attached and the problem still exists. And anyway, the sound is very much shifted to the left ear (the right one seems to be defective/not fully functioning). 

Apr 22, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #761 of 852
I'm nearly 17 years old, are customs a good idea before turning 18 or are my ears still growing, making it a bad investment? I have triple.fi 10's and I just want a better fit. But it also looks like Kozee takes an obscenely long time to do the job. And these are my only "good" headphones. What'd be a good solution for me?

Apr 22, 2012 at 4:31 PM Post #762 of 852

Quote:
I'm nearly 17 years old, are customs a good idea before turning 18 or are my ears still growing, making it a bad investment? I have triple.fi 10's and I just want a better fit. But it also looks like Kozee takes an obscenely long time to do the job. And these are my only "good" headphones. What'd be a good solution for me?

People younger than you have gotten customs. If you are in the U.S, stick with getting them done here. It will save you money on shipping. If your budget is high though and you dont care about the shipping etc. Go with Unique Melody or Heir Audio. If you want another high end company yet still keeping the work done here in the U.S then go with 1964 Ears. If you want a budget custom then go with InEarZ.

Apr 22, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #763 of 852

Quote:

People younger than you have gotten customs. If you are in the U.S, stick with getting them done here. It will save you money on shipping. If your budget is high though and you dont care about the shipping etc. Go with Unique Melody or Heir Audio. If you want another high end company yet still keeping the work done here in the U.S then go with 1964 Ears. If you want a budget custom then go with InEarZ.

+1. Also, shipping it overseas might incur customs fees as well as longer shipping times. Just another thing to consider.

Apr 22, 2012 at 6:06 PM Post #764 of 852
Might just go with Kozee if it can be done in around 2 months I'm fine haha.
But the "Custom Reshell" and "universal reshell" options are kinda.. confusing o_O
I assume universal for my TF.10's or does it not matter?

Apr 22, 2012 at 6:15 PM Post #765 of 852
Custom reshell is getting a custom reshelled, TF10 would be universal reshell.  Fisher has shorter turn around times atm..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back