Kozee Sound Solutions ** MAJOR CS ISSUES - NOT RECOMMENDED (info in first post) ** Custom IEMs & Reshell review
Jul 29, 2011 at 6:50 AM Post #526 of 852
hmm, well fit is nice, but seal is not perfect. so i am thinking about doing a refit, but i am afraid of waiting another 3 months and the the refit will do something on the perfect sound i get from mine. and if they do sound fine why should i refit them?

Jul 29, 2011 at 7:10 AM Post #527 of 852
Because the sound goes hand in hand with the fit my friend; where one is flawed, so too is the other. I honestly don't think a re-fit would take nearly as long as the original shell. If anything, at most, I could see Adam comparing directly to your original impressions (which of course he sent with the reshells), and seeing where the dimensions differ by even the slightest on the reshell, only requiring but a bit of extra coating here or there. I'm no expert on the matter of course, but that's just merely my take. Believe it or not, a few here have also suggested and had luck with applyig a coat of nail polish to the outer shell, in whichever areas they felt the shell needed but a tad bit more coating. Not to mention, the JH16 pair I originally purchased had dried up nail polish on the outside for this very reason (which the second owner informed me of, of course), and all it took was but a gentle wipe of nail polish and I was able to remove the entire extra coating of nail polish it with ease.  It's a simply DIY, assuming that one is careful not to get any polish around any of the bores, or anywhere too close for that matter.

Nevertheless, my recommendation is to take advantage of the re-fit that's offered to you for this very reason. It's quit honestly one of the main reasons I went with Kozee. Bare in mind however, you do have a 90 day refit guarantee, which gives you ample time to decide, and based upon the feedback, more often than not, the second time around is the one that ends up just right, with just about any refit (be it via third party or the original manufacturer). But if the sound is as "perfect" to your ears as you find it to be, then the fit may very well be good enough to not worry have to worry about it in the first place.

Jul 29, 2011 at 7:17 AM Post #528 of 852
yes, but maybe my self-made impressions are not perfect enough for adam to see, where there are fit issues, so i would have to make another pair of impressions. maybe i will try the nail polish thing.

Jul 29, 2011 at 8:22 AM Post #530 of 852
As of late, as long as you are able to call in and speak to Adam directly (and more than 90% of the time that's not a problem), I'd say yes. The approximated 4-6 weeks time sounds about right, based on my own and experience as well as other accounts. Just bae in mind that he will most probably continue to not respond via email, but can almost always be reached via phone for all inquiries.

Jul 29, 2011 at 11:44 AM Post #531 of 852

Quote:
so it is ok to go for the reshell service from kozee? but the average time for the reshell is 3 months?

Adam has ignored my eBay message and all my emails regarding the fit problem with my left earphone. It's been more than a month already. So I would say no, don't take the risk, there are safer options.

Jul 29, 2011 at 3:56 PM Post #532 of 852
Just spoke to Adam. He just received my reshelled JH16's today, now for the second (and hopefully last) time, since I encountered fit issues the first time. He estimated it'd take about a week and a half, though I'll try calling back after 2 weeks just to allow him an extra few days time. Again, anyone unable to reach Adam, as of late, he's been available to take my call every single time I've called. For the time being, there's no other way to reach him, so I suggest calling in anytime before 6PM CST, and more than likely, he'll take your call.

Jul 31, 2011 at 9:19 PM Post #534 of 852
Hi guys!

Adam received my impressions (May 15th) and since then, he stopped replying e-mails.

As I am european (Portugal) and Sofastreamer too, i am a bit concerned because he already recieved his reshells, and i am still waiting for my Infinity X1. We both sent the impressions at about the same time, and as far as I remeber, i think that i sent mine about one week earlier.

Is there any alternative way to contact Adam? Can you give-me the telephone number?

Thanks!

Jul 31, 2011 at 11:33 PM Post #535 of 852
See http://www.lloydhearingaid.com/.
smile.gif

Aug 1, 2011 at 11:43 AM Post #536 of 852
Well I just got off the phone with Adam and he told me that they are putting the finishing touches on my customs and will be sending them out hopefully in 2 days

I guess it might be that my custom artwork was what took so long :S

note to self, send something less complicated next time >.<

Aug 1, 2011 at 6:36 PM Post #537 of 852
Hey i2ehan, would you be willing to do me/us/head-fi a favor? The next time you call, could you ask if they can do arcrylic/silicone hybrids like the westone es5 kind? I don't live in the states so long distance phoning is a no-go and Adam hasn't responded to my emails. If they could make hybrid shells, tha would be a huge incentive for me to buy from kozee, even though they have long wait times. If you cant, it's cool though. Thanks in advance :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back