Kozee Sound Solutions ** MAJOR CS ISSUES - NOT RECOMMENDED (info in first post) ** Custom IEMs & Reshell review
Apr 30, 2011 at 10:38 AM Post #257 of 852
Thanks for the information Hydrocharged.  Adam told me my JH16 reshell will more than likely be done next week.  He is making sure the before and after sound is exactly the same and taking his time to make sure it is done right!  I don't mind the wait and really appreciate the effort.

Apr 30, 2011 at 10:42 AM Post #258 of 852
Just a minor update about my X1s, as a few people have PM'd me asking when my review will be done.

I sent them back to Adam last week for 2 reasons, both fairly minor: 1) to fix a very small issue on the KOZEE logo on one side. 2) to check out the sound signature to make sure everything is within spec. There was a certain harshness that would appear here and there, which seemed contrary to other X1 owners impressions, and contrary to what Adam says they should sound like. So I wanted to ensure I have a proper example of what an X1 should be before I go telling the world about them. My package probably only made it to him late last week so I won't have them back for a while. 

Despite the 2 minor issues, I'm actually really pleased with the X1s so far. I'm even kicking around the idea of trying the X2 in silicone, because I've never had a full silicone IEM before, and also because nobody has heard the X2 yet so I'd like to check them out. But I have a long list of other stuff that I want to try as well.... We'll see.

May 1, 2011 at 12:44 AM Post #260 of 852
Just put in an order to have my E500s re-shelled. I got a year and half use out of them and then the cables got so bad I just couldn't use them anymore. Is there any chance the cable breaking down can cause damage to the drivers and/or crossover network? They sounded fine to me the last time I used them but then they started cutting out due to the cables so I quit using them. I've been worried that if the cables were bad enough to make them cut out it may have caused damaged. I'm assuming Kozee would be able to determine this?

May 1, 2011 at 2:03 AM Post #261 of 852

Quote:
I cannot wait to hear your impressions of the JH16 and how they compare to Kozee's X3!

Thanks.  I will primarily be comparing them with the EM3 Pro and Rooth LS8, and if warranted the Spiral Ear 5-way.

May 1, 2011 at 9:38 AM Post #262 of 852

Quote:
Just put in an order to have my E500s re-shelled. I got a year and half use out of them and then the cables got so bad I just couldn't use them anymore. Is there any chance the cable breaking down can cause damage to the drivers and/or crossover network? They sounded fine to me the last time I used them but then they started cutting out due to the cables so I quit using them. I've been worried that if the cables were bad enough to make them cut out it may have caused damaged. I'm assuming Kozee would be able to determine this?

They should be fine. I can't imagine the cable problem causing any trouble with the drivers. And Kozee will test them before making your customs, so if there is any issue they will let you know. But you should be ok.

May 2, 2011 at 12:54 AM Post #263 of 852
Man, I've been waiting for my impression kit for almost 4-5 weeks now, and Adam has been responding to my emails quite intermittently...has anyone else waited that long for their kit ?

May 2, 2011 at 8:22 AM Post #264 of 852

Quote:
Man, I've been waiting for my impression kit for almost 4-5 weeks now, and Adam has been responding to my emails quite intermittently...has anyone else waited that long for their kit ?

That seems rather odd.  I received my impression kit within 7 days of making payment (USPS international shipping to Australia).  I didn't place my order through the website.  It was easier to email Adam and describe what I wanted and he sent me a paypal link.  Turnover time for my X1s was about 5 weeks.

May 2, 2011 at 11:47 AM Post #265 of 852
I had some issues recieving my impression kit. The first one was lost in the mail supposedly. I just contacted Adam through email and he sent out another one. 
Now the 5 week turn around isn't the case with me I'm on week 6 and no word on a completion date.

May 2, 2011 at 4:58 PM Post #266 of 852
I'm not going to make excuses for them on quoted times and I really wish they were in a habit of confirming receipt/shipping, but I'm very happy with the completed product for what it's worth. I expect they are really overwhelmed. 5 weeks for an impression kit is a bit ridiculous though. I wonder if it's possible if they have a very finite number and the turnaround is user/client dependent more than anything. 

May 2, 2011 at 7:33 PM Post #267 of 852
We see this time and time again. Whether it's custom IEM molds or a trigger job on a gun or machined tools.  They are great craftsman but terrible business people and not smart enough to realize the difference. But they do such great work that everyone makes ridiculous excuses for them.

May 3, 2011 at 2:04 PM Post #268 of 852
on 3 week with me, although I just received an email from Adam saying I should receive them today.  Hopefully they come, I was hoping to make it in time to have the reshell with me on a Euro trip now I am just hoping I can send them off before the trip.

May 3, 2011 at 9:00 PM Post #269 of 852
So I've had my re-shelled UE10Pro for a couple of weeks now and they are awesome.  I did realize that the right one quite easily loses the seal.  I know that Adam offers 90 day re-fit, but I'm curious if anyone has done any DIY procedure for minor fitting adjustment.  I understand that if the shells are too big then it must be sent back for refitting, but if it's a bit small there may be ways to remedy that.

Given how overwhelmed Adam is, I'm not sure if I really want to send these back for a minor adjustment.  Some thread suggested adding multiple layers of nail polish to fill in the necessary spots for better fit.  Has anyone done this?

May 3, 2011 at 10:12 PM Post #270 of 852
Well, checked my mail today and indeed received my impression kit today.  It was actually quite easy to do the impression yourself!  I will be sending it out to Adam tomorrow and let the wait begin.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back