Koss Pro DJ100
Jun 26, 2012 at 10:36 PM Post #16 of 19
Quote:
I don't wanna hijack this thread, I just wanna ask a quick question: how durable are the ProDJ100's and how well do they isolate sound (in a noisy environment for example). Thanks.

durable wise, mine hasnt broken yet but one part of the pad has a dent due to me wearing sunglasses and forgot the headphone was there and i tried to take the sunglasses out without removing the headphone first, the headband is kind of messed up too from wear and tear but its no big deal and koss has life long warranty. for isolating sound in a noisy environment, it doesnt do it for me well enough when im on bart commuting every day to school, besides on the bart, its generally ok.

Jun 27, 2012 at 12:25 AM Post #17 of 19
I prefer them amped, too, though I don't find the difference with un-amped as pronounced as I expected.  Love them with the PAV2v2, and also with my Woo 6.  To my ears, they go well with a warmer sounding amp.  Great with female vocals, and soundstage isn't bad for a closed, inexpensive headphone.  Sound isolation is decent, though not as good as my Sennheiser HD-25s.  But also more comfortable for me.

Jun 27, 2012 at 12:26 AM Post #18 of 19
Btw, I also switched to the M50 pads.  Very comfy, though I'm am undecided on how much it improves the sound.  Maybe some improvement on the low end.

Sep 9, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #19 of 19
I was looking for a headphone for use on my Mac Pro and MacBook Pro, to monitor the sound whilst cutting video — I'm not a sound engineer, so I don't need a real high quality monitor — and for the usual video and music distraction.

tdockweiler's really euphoric description made me buy one. The Pro DJ200 in fact — because of the interchangeable cable and because I got them for the same price as the DJ100. Have to wait until the end of the week for them to arrive ... could only get them from Amazon. I'd rather bought them from a small local dealer, but no luck.

I'm a big, big fan of the Porta Pro — pretty much started my getting interested in Headphones  — and so I'm happily looking forward to having another Koss arrive at my home.
Hope they hold up to your review. Will compare them to my other headphones and let you know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back