Koss Porta Pro left channel stopped working, should I buy a new pair of porta pros or is there anything comparible in this category?
Sep 22, 2011 at 9:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mathesar

New Head-Fier
I have the all black porta pros which are around 2 years old and have the "cloth" style cable.

Recently the left channel started cutting out, if I bend the wire right at the jack I can get it working again so for now I put a paper clamp on it lol.

I'm just wondering if it would be worth attempting to fix or just buy another set of porta pro's, I love the way they sound on my GoGear Vibe player (for whatever reason they sound better on this vs. my Ipod) but figured I'd still ask if theres any other  headphone models in the same portable category that might be even better?

Thanks.

Sep 23, 2011 at 1:19 AM Post #3 of 5
I think that shipping is now $9 but that's still a good deal. I have a set of in-ear buds that need replaced and that's the number that I found on the site. Even if you end up buying a new set of phones, you can have the Porta Pros as backups. My brother loves his Porta Pros and is having a similar issue. He likes them enough to not bother looking for alternatives so I'm not sure what's competitive in the class.

Sep 23, 2011 at 2:43 AM Post #4 of 5
Even since upgrading to full size cans I still enjoy the sound sig of the KSC-35 (same driver as porta pros). Portapro/KSC-35/75 is probably one of the best in the price range, and koss lifetime warranty is great... =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back