Koss KSC75's. Dont Forget This Giant Killer in all the ''Hidden Gem'' Hype.
Sep 5, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #1,141 of 1,438
I've read that the ball joint can become worn away, which is why I try not to pop them on and off too many times. The KSC75s have only been popped off the headband once or twice since I got it and that was only to try the Sportapro drivers on the headband.
I'm not sure they were designed to be popped on and off repeatedly but at least they're pretty cheap to replace if they end up goosed. I've actually got a spare set in case my current pair breaks.
Yeah, I didn't like the first headband I got so I did more swapping than I should have. I tried to be careful and thought I had the right technique from watching a youtube vid, but I guess these clips are pretty fragile. If it comes down to it I might just end up picking up the massdrop version to use with my PE headband since I like the black (might need to recable though) and put these back on the original clips which probably hold better.

Sep 5, 2019 at 7:00 PM Post #1,144 of 1,438
For those not in the States and want something similar with a headband, I'd recommend getting the KTXPro1s or the KPH30i.

I joined the KPH30i drop:

https://drop.com/buy/koss-kph30i?search=color#overview

That $20US + $7 shipping translates to approx $35CAD. I can't find those anywhere for less than $50CAD. And base on all of the reviews, they are good.

Any of you other ksc75 freaks have the KPH30i's?

Sep 5, 2019 at 8:17 PM Post #1,145 of 1,438
I joined the KPH30i drop:

https://drop.com/buy/koss-kph30i?search=color#overview

That $20US + $7 shipping translates to approx $35CAD. I can't find those anywhere for less than $50CAD. And base on all of the reviews, they are good.

Any of you other ksc75 freaks have the KPH30i's?

I do. I personally like the kph better than the ksc75. You lose some upper end quality but the improved low end is totally worth it to me. My favorite budget headphone.

You can order directly from koss as well. I think it's the same price as drop but you can choose your colour.

Sep 5, 2019 at 8:42 PM Post #1,146 of 1,438
I do. I personally like the kph better than the ksc75. You lose some upper end quality but the improved low end is totally worth it to me. My favorite budget headphone.

You can order directly from koss as well. I think it's the same price as drop but you can choose your colour.

The beige color had me waffling for a while, but I had convinced myself that I was okay with it. But you are correct that the price with Koss is very close, so I cancelled my beige massdrop order and ordered the grey's from Koss. Thanks!

Sep 5, 2019 at 9:10 PM Post #1,147 of 1,438
What do you guys recommend for a cheap replacement pad for the KSC75 ? The pads on one of my pairs are shot. Thanks.

I purchased Sennheiser HD414 pads direct from manufacturer.

I may get some Yaxi pads soon.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2019 at 4:17 PM Post #1,148 of 1,438
Kind of cross posting from the PortaPro thread. Got my Yaxi pads. I'm digging them. Sound about the same, but ups the comfort level considerably. This completes my portable sound setup. PortaPros/KSC75s + rockboxed iPod video with iFlash SD card adapter.

Lb1rIf2.jpg

Sep 14, 2019 at 10:07 PM Post #1,149 of 1,438
So I decided to paint my KSC75s black. I'm trying a Sharpie oil paint pen. No idea if this will work. I hope no paint dripped on the drivers.

eDHc3Zu.png

Sep 15, 2019 at 10:36 PM Post #1,150 of 1,438
I'm happy with how they turned out. Not sure how long the paint will last though! At least it's easy to touch up.

igpMH3Q.png

Sep 16, 2019 at 3:32 AM Post #1,151 of 1,438
Where are you guys buying the Yaxi pads from? Amazon ?

Does anyone know if the lifetime warranty includes replacing earpads that have deteriorated ? The website doesn't specify this.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2019 at 10:54 AM Post #1,152 of 1,438
Where are you guys buying the Yaxi pads from? Amazon ?

Does anyone know if the lifetime warranty includes replacing earpads that have deteriorated ? The website doesn't specify this.

Thanks.
I bought my Yaxi pads straight from Yaxi. They ship from Japan which took about a week but shipping was free.

https://www.yaxi.jp/onlineshop/

I'm not sure about the warranty question.

Sep 16, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #1,153 of 1,438
I bought my Yaxi pads straight from Yaxi. They ship from Japan which took about a week but shipping was free.

https://www.yaxi.jp/onlineshop/

I'm not sure about the warranty question.
As the earpads are easily replaceable, they are not part of the Koss warranty. They make money selling the 6-piece replacement pack.

Sep 17, 2019 at 12:17 PM Post #1,155 of 1,438

Users who are viewing this thread

Back