Koss KSC75: My Mouth Is Still Open!!
Mar 16, 2006 at 11:59 PM Post #76 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by catscratch
I listened to these for the first time a few days back too. Man, they're really good for $15! I really don't think there's anything that sounds better in the price range until you hit $65 for the SR-60. Nice tonal balance, thumping bass, an actual soundstage (whoa!) and very little bloat next to consumer-level gear. They don't have anywhere near the detail of a more expensive audiophile headphone, but they don't sound bad even if you ignore how much they cost, and considering our standards, that's saying something.

OK FOLKS!!! VOLUME POT REMOVED!!!

OHHH>>MYY>>F#$#W$ GOD
Sounds so much like HD600..its not even funny...the laid back sound...sparkle when calls for, smooth, full, transparent, attack, decay..almost perfect....sound stage....acuurate, imaging..excellent, seperation...TOTALLY!!..wait....aren't those HD600 qualities?...YES MY FRIEND..but this is a KSC75 review!!! ....HOLY>>>

Before removing volume pot, similar to PX100...kinda equal ...each does better in their respective areas
After removing volume pot, KSC75 is spanking all over my PX100....

recable next?

AWSOME....great with ipod, great with Pimeta, awsome with PPA....NUTS!!!

REMOVING THAT FREAKING VOLUME POT NOW!!!

Mar 17, 2006 at 12:26 AM Post #77 of 125
OK...AD8610 doesn't really suit KSC75 that well, OP627 mates very well with ksc75...

Eastsound -> PPA (627) -> KSC75..really give HD600 a run for its money...and at times beat it with certain songs....
eek.gif

Mar 17, 2006 at 3:40 AM Post #78 of 125
Sorry, but i haven't been around lately. Is there a new version of the KSC75 with a volume control? Cause mine certainly doesn't have it.

Mar 17, 2006 at 4:04 AM Post #79 of 125
Yeah, the ones from radioshack have the vol. control.

BTW Im from Ann Arbor too, wierd. maybe we should have a meet
confused.gif

Mar 17, 2006 at 4:24 AM Post #80 of 125
Wow, I just got them today, plugged them in my iPod Shuffle w/ 320kbps songs, and the sound quality is very scary, in a good way. It sounds very laid back compared to my main 'phones (UE super.fi 5 Pro), and the bass isn't as strong or powerful, but everything else seems almost up to par as my IEMs. Very scary...

Mar 17, 2006 at 4:32 AM Post #81 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eisenhower
Yeah, the ones from radioshack have the vol. control.

BTW Im from Ann Arbor too, wierd. maybe we should have a meet
confused.gif

WT@#$ damn..spent an hour wiring that piece of sucker...would have paid freaking $5 more if I knew there is a non-pot version...

mad.gif

Mar 17, 2006 at 4:42 AM Post #83 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheisticFreedom
^ LOL!

Ignorance is bliss, stupidity is entertainment.

what..you got the nonpot version?

Mar 17, 2006 at 4:46 AM Post #84 of 125
What version of the iPod are you guys driving them out of? On my 4g iPod, it sounds pretty...uhm...it's better than iBuds. But when I drive them out of my iMac(which has 8W of output power) it sounds wonderful.

(pot version)

Mar 17, 2006 at 5:08 AM Post #85 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikenet
What version of the iPod are you guys driving them out of? On my 4g iPod, it sounds pretty...uhm...it's better than iBuds. But when I drive them out of my iMac(which has 8W of output power) it sounds wonderful.

(pot version)

removing the pot improve all aspects of the phone...smooth high and very balanced bass...using ipod video BTW with turbodock
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 17, 2006 at 6:04 AM Post #86 of 125
I have the KTX-Pro1 (same Titanium drivers as KSC-75) and HD-414 pads on 'em and I gotta agree... scary good for the price. The bass quantity is more than neutral, and highs are grainy (compared to high end phones) but... the price!
eek.gif

P.S. the KTX-Pro1 also has the inline volume control, but turned up all the way should essentially be the same as not having one there at all. It's hard to believe that removing the pot could result in a huge SQ gain, cuz when it's up all the way there's almost no resistance in the signal path.

Mar 17, 2006 at 6:21 AM Post #87 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by fewtch
I have the KTX-Pro1 (same Titanium drivers as KSC-75) and HD-414 pads on 'em and I gotta agree... scary good for the price. The bass quantity is more than neutral, and highs are grainy (compared to high end phones) but... the price!
eek.gif

P.S. the KTX-Pro1 also has the inline volume control, but turned up all the way should essentially be the same as not having one there at all. It's hard to believe that removing the pot could result in a huge SQ gain, cuz when it's up all the way there's almost no resistance in the signal path.

well..I can hear a difference....high is smoother...not grainy at all and bass really goes deep....controlled, and articulate....very nice...but I am gonna try the circuit city to get the ksc75 w/o the volume control...and see if that's better

Mar 17, 2006 at 6:43 AM Post #88 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by fewtch
eek.gif

I just checked the Koss website and the Pro1's actually use the same driver as the Sportapro's, which is different than the driver in the KSC35/75 and the Portapro's (the UR40 is yet another variant of Koss' 60ohm driver). Even though the Sporta driver looks identical to the KSC35 there is definitely a difference in SQ. You might want to pick up a pair of KSC75's and compare.

Mar 17, 2006 at 6:56 AM Post #89 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by mektarus
I just checked the Koss website and the Pro1's actually use the same driver as the Sportapro's, which is different than the driver in the KSC35/75 and the Portapro's (the UR40 is yet another variant of Koss' 60ohm driver).

Wow thats news to me... my sporta uses the KSC35 non - TI driver. My KTXpro1 uses the UR40/KSC75 Titanium driver diaphragm.

I bought my Sporta used off ebay with delapitdated foam pads, so its probably very old.

Garrett

Mar 17, 2006 at 7:00 AM Post #90 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
Wow thats news to me... my sporta uses the KSC35 non - TI driver. My KTXpro1 uses the UR40/KSC75 Titanium driver diaphragm.

I bought my Sporta used off ebay with delapitdated foam pads, so its probably very old.

Garrett

I just got my Sporta's from J&R about 2 weeks ago. And, even though the drivers look exactly like the KSC35, they sound different, and according to Koss' website, are different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back