Koss KSC75: My Mouth Is Still Open!!
Mar 25, 2006 at 5:06 PM Post #121 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikenet
Can't...figure...out...earclip. I picked up a couple today(one to listen to, one to canabalize drivers from), but I'm not sure how they're supposed to fit. I'm wearing them like glasses, but they don't cover my ears completely. Can someone post an action shot
rolleyes.gif
?

Some claim that you can't wear them without a lot of discomfort if you wear glasses, too. I haven't found that to be the case, because I wear glasses, and can wear these things for hours.

There is a little trick to putting them on. It helps if you rotate them on your ears like volume knobs. Once you get the clip behind your ear, twist the driver so that you rotate the whole assembly back on your ear. You will find that the driver rotates so that it's more centered over your ear canal, and the top of the clip has moved away from any conflict with glasses.

I agree the RS version with volume control is chintzy. If the volume was more like a Senn MX500, that would be fine. Instead, the volume control is a giant horse pill hanging between and weighing down your ears. To top it off, the actual volume "knob" is nothing more than the cheapest, thinnest plastic wheel they could find.

The non-volume control version is superior, and as for sound, either one is fantastic. It was a little shocking to see some of you mod them for "sparklier" highs. The thing that has always distinguished the KSC50/35/75/Porta/Sporta drivers is the transparent, metal dynamics. Bells, cymbals, tympani's, etc. are rendered better than all but the most expensive phones. The fact that they had great bass was just icing on the cake.

The KSC75's are a tad less boomy and more controlled than the PortaPro, but the comfort advantage is beyond comparison. BTW, it's my understanding that all the drivers are the same - a Heil SS transducer. It's just that with the later versions like the 75, Koss added the titanium coating.

Mine are great with portables, but like almost everything except the most efficient earbuds, they definitely improve with my CMoy - the bass is much tighter and less distorted.

Personally, I believe the KSC75 sounds better than the PX-100's in every respect. When you add in the outrageous hassle of folding and unfolding the PX-100 puzzle box, there is no comparison for overall SQ, comfort, and convenience. Absolutely becoming one of the greatest classic phones of all time, perhaps the best earclip phone ever made - they deserve a high-fidelity, quality treatment.

It will be interesting to see what evolves from the possible arrangement you guys have mentioned. For now, buy 'em as fast as you can get 'em.

Mar 25, 2006 at 5:08 PM Post #122 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by xtr3me
Well, not me.
I have the 35s and I like it's design a lot more than the 75s. However, the love they get has a lot to do with the price/quality deal. They are great headphones for the price.

The only difference between the two is the earclip - plastic on the KSC35 and plastic coated metal on the KSC75. Other than that they're practically identical. Is it the plastic clip that you like?

Mar 25, 2006 at 5:47 PM Post #123 of 125
Oh by design i meant how it LOOKS.

It looks TRULY UGLY sorry...

So how do you think i'll like it, given that i'm already used to listening to e5c and hd 485?

Mar 25, 2006 at 5:53 PM Post #124 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fizban
Oh by design i meant how it LOOKS.

It looks TRULY UGLY sorry...

So how do you think i'll like it, given that i'm already used to listening to e5c and hd 485?

Since I've never heard either I really can't say. I will say this though - I have as much fun listening to my KSC75 as I do listening to my HF-1.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back