Koss KSC75: My Mouth Is Still Open!!
Feb 21, 2006 at 3:16 PM Post #46 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by tbonner1
I use the Radio Shack 33-379 pads. I just put them right over my Porta2 existing pads. Yes they muffle the highs a bit, but it also reduces the harshness. It also reduces the bloated bass by pushing the drivers out away from your ears which is one reason why the KSC 35/75 bass are not as bad. This is a great improvement without the need to modify your Porta's or cut quarter sized holes in the pads. Slip the new pads on and enjoy, unless you are one of those people who MUST mod something.

These pads also fit the Grado's and are a cheap alternative to the bowl pads to reduce some Grado brightness.

Cost is under $3.00

Darnit... black pads that look like they're similar to HD414 pads. Why do I always find out about this stuff after the fact...
mad.gif

BTW, anyone know what kind of dye is best for the yellow pads? Will hair coloring dye work, or does it have to be RIT? Do they actually dye black, or will they end up tan/brown?

Feb 21, 2006 at 3:57 PM Post #47 of 125
Ok, I caved and picked up a pair from Circuit City last night for $20.50 after tax and I must say they're worth every penny. It took me a bit to find the most comfortable way to wear them but I think found the trick. I've got the metal bit at the top front of my ear and the Koss logo parallel to the ground. They're barely noticeable on my head and also sit close enough to my ear that I don't feel any need to push them closer for more bass.

I think I've just put off a case of upgraditis for a few months. I was all set to spend over $100 to replace my iBuds but these fit the bill well for office use. Doubt they would work as well for air travel though huh? So IEMs are still in my future.
blink.gif

Feb 22, 2006 at 2:51 AM Post #48 of 125
Hi Fewtch,
You will spend more for the dye than the black Radio Shack pads.

I tried the Senn 414 pads and found the foam to be a bit more abrasive than the smooth Radio Shack foam which were quite comfy.

The Senn's do move the driver a bit further away from your ear. The Radio Shack pads move the driver just far enough away to remove the bloat from the bass.

Feb 22, 2006 at 2:52 AM Post #49 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by fewtch
Darnit... black pads that look like they're similar to HD414 pads. Why do I always find out about this stuff after the fact...
mad.gif

BTW, anyone know what kind of dye is best for the yellow pads? Will hair coloring dye work, or does it have to be RIT? Do they actually dye black, or will they end up tan/brown?

ritz dye, about 2 bucks in walmart i believe.

Feb 22, 2006 at 7:02 PM Post #53 of 125
Thanks for the info.

Can you give us the item # for the big and small Radio Shack pads you mentioned?

Feb 22, 2006 at 7:27 PM Post #54 of 125
Hmmm.....I was going to save up $150 for some super.fi 5 pro's, but if these don't leak too bad I think I will just pick these up an amp for my HD555's.

Anyone know how these sound compared to the Super.fi 5? Also, will I be able to listen to these in school without people hearing it?

Feb 22, 2006 at 7:30 PM Post #55 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by kin0kin
ritz dye, about 2 bucks in walmart i believe.

I read somewhere that you need to use a due-setting solution too. Otherwise the dye will rub off.

Garrett

Mar 15, 2006 at 6:30 AM Post #58 of 125
Can't...figure...out...earclip. I picked up a couple today(one to listen to, one to canabalize drivers from), but I'm not sure how they're supposed to fit. I'm wearing them like glasses, but they don't cover my ears completely. Can someone post an action shot
rolleyes.gif
?

Mar 15, 2006 at 6:33 AM Post #59 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by uzziah
perhaps someone could suggest some very thin cable to recable the 75's with? perhaps some very high awg silver plated copper teflon? too stiff?

Kramer says the HD650 cable is a good choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back