Koss KSC75: My Mouth Is Still Open!!
Feb 19, 2006 at 7:59 PM Post #17 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
mod should only be done if you find bass bloated and mids/highs congested.

I have 2 pairs one modded and the other stock. I use my modded pair fo gaming or whenver I want to hear a little more detail in the music.

basically if you like Grados then the mod is for you.
Garrett

This week I'm going out to get another pair, I think it might be me, but there might be a very slight imbalance in the channels. I can tell better with two pairs, as I'll a/b them to see!

I am running these straight out of my X5, and I have always run Grados out of my PPX3-Slam, so the sound is different, as warming up the Grados with tubes is the way I like listening to them! I would listen to my 225's out of my X5, but I don't have an 1/8 adapter to use right now!
eek.gif

Is there a way to get the actual clips tighter on the ears, because I find myself constantly adjusting them to see if they are to loose!

Feb 19, 2006 at 9:55 PM Post #18 of 125
Can you compare these with the PX100's because I am considering them both.

Also can you tell me how bad the leaking is?

Feb 19, 2006 at 11:57 PM Post #19 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by benton
Can you compare these with the PX100's because I am considering them both.

Also can you tell me how bad the leaking is?

I've owned both. I think the PX 100 has a more refined treble, while the KSC 75 sounds slightly grainy in this region. PX 100 is smoother.

Also, leakage isn't that bad on KSC 75...but isolation is nil, obviously.

Feb 20, 2006 at 12:02 AM Post #20 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by ]|[ GorE
DONT try the Kramer mod if dont like the Grado "bright" sound.I did it and the mod KILLED one good pair of koss ksc headphones for me.
The extra layer of glitter as kramer says murders the sound for me,IMO..

You can get replacement pads for them at radio shack - the small size fits the KSC-75, the medium size fits the Grados.

Feb 20, 2006 at 1:11 AM Post #22 of 125
Got mine today at Circuit City for 21.62 or something...they sound pretty good out of the box w/o burn-in though, as I put them through their paces with some test tracks I always use, they absolutely stumble through this low-bass song (Booty Clap by Prince Paul)
smily_headphones1.gif
I guess I'll use them when I don't want headphone-hair from my Grados and don't feel like stuffing my sf5p's in my ears.

Feb 20, 2006 at 9:11 AM Post #23 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by kin0kin
cheezos, let's buy off all the ksc75 on amazon
very_evil_smiley.gif

Who's cheezos!!
eek.gif
tongue.gif

Sounds good to me!
cool.gif
, but for now all I did was pick up 1 pair of KSC75's, and 1 pair of Portapro2's!! I couldn't pass up that deal, plus I really want to hear the Portapro's to!
tongue.gif

Feb 20, 2006 at 11:20 AM Post #24 of 125
If you are going for the PortaPro's, then you MUST get the HD414 pads!
cool.gif

hd4146li.jpg

Otherwise get the AKG k1000 for 999$
blink.gif
or something becouse those foamies will rock your socks!
Though they kill portability instantly (some ugly arse pads there.. but it's all about the sound right?
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Feb 20, 2006 at 1:04 PM Post #25 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheechoz
Who's cheezos!!
eek.gif
tongue.gif

uh humpp....
very_evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheechoz
Sounds good to me!
cool.gif
, but for now all I did was pick up 1 pair of KSC75's, and 1 pair of Portapro2's!! I couldn't pass up that deal, plus I really want to hear the Portapro's to!
tongue.gif

the portapors were closer sounding to the px100 than the ksc75 did, but i still prefer the cleaner sound on the ksc75. they are too sweet...gonna order mine these few days.

Feb 20, 2006 at 11:20 PM Post #26 of 125
Sooo much Ksc lurve about atm...
tongue.gif
(Deservedly so, i might add
biggrin.gif
)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyotero
If you are going for the PortaPro's, then you MUST get the HD414 pads!
cool.gif

Oooh yeah! - I'm lovin' the PortaPro/414 pad look - How'd they sound?, they look uber comfy!
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 20, 2006 at 11:58 PM Post #27 of 125
They only look good on the picture
rolleyes.gif
In reallity they are freaking HUGE. You won't go outside with those. The only reason you want them is the sound and the comffort.
I won't go into specifics but wait till you hear acoustic instruments with those on
cool.gif

If you still insist on keeping them portable, see that circle on the left can? I was gonna cut this part off but i wusses out becouse the pads were uter pain in the arse to get
tongue.gif
If you can get two pairs then cut it off and post a pic. Maybe i'll do it to
biggrin.gif

Feb 21, 2006 at 12:02 AM Post #28 of 125
OK I'll play... Support the team!!

HD414 pads, modded of course
dscn71855cd.jpg

KSC35 drivers in the Pro1
dscn71866fb.jpg

Titanium drivers in the sporta... the main reason I'm not terribly excited about the new street style thats due in March.
dscn71903hv.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back