Koss KSC-35 IN STOCK!!!!
Oct 24, 2007 at 3:51 PM Post #16 of 53
Neither the 35 or 75 has much bass below 45HZ, and both have a hump above that to compensate. The clips on my 35s are always popping off and getting lost. Both pairs of my 35s developed rattles in the drivers after a year or so of use. I paid $10/pair for them, so I don't feel too bad, but I wouldn't pay more than that for a pair. There are good reasons they were discontinued, all IMO of course.

Oct 24, 2007 at 3:54 PM Post #17 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterDLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
.. since they replaced my faulty ones with new KSC75 (which I didn't like as much).

I like the 35 better than the 75 too, and would agree with you here..

Oct 24, 2007 at 11:27 PM Post #19 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
they dont use the same drivers

>.>

Here I was thinking that the koss shared their drivers like heroine needles...

...err yeah. You know what I mean
plainface.gif

Oct 25, 2007 at 6:03 AM Post #22 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Walie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm so weak...ordered two pairs

10$ max. They're toys. Toys that break. Pathetic. My 13 year old has upgraded.

Oct 25, 2007 at 8:03 AM Post #23 of 53
Toys that sound pretty damn good, though.

If you're careful with your toys, they don't break. Even the expensive ones will not stand the mighty impact of my skinny 130lb bum, crashing down on it, as I take a seat.

Recabling sounds good, though. Sweet Jesus. I was just about to order some PK3s, too.

Oct 25, 2007 at 3:11 PM Post #24 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by audiomagnate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

$10 max what?
Everyone has their own personal opinion. For example, I wouldnt pay more than $25 for K701, but I am not bashing them, I am?

Oct 25, 2007 at 3:26 PM Post #25 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterDLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I posted information on how to order KSC35 from Koss.com even after they discontinued them in a couple older threads. Maybe I should have just made my own thread detailing the process.
tongue.gif

It seemed almost like a "secret deal", and only select people who read the right thread could find the instructions.
smily_headphones1.gif
For those in the US, it seems like it would be cheaper to go directly through Koss (especially with the coupon code, I think it comes out to a little over $30 shipped), but it might be more worthwhile for those outside of the US to go through APureSound (just a guess), or if you plan on getting it recabled, then it'd probably be wiser to just order through APureSound as well (to save on time/shipping costs).

I'm glad these 'phones are still getting the respect they deserve at a $30 price point.

P.S. I'm not 100% sure that this process still works, but there doesn't seem to be anything to lose. A few members here recently used those instructions and they successfully ordered and received them. I used this method a long time ago to re-obtain my own pair, since they replaced my faulty ones with new KSC75 (which I didn't like as much).

doesn't work anymore
frown.gif

Oct 25, 2007 at 5:45 PM Post #26 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by nosleep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How are these better than the ksc75s?

Because they don't suck.

Biggie.

Oct 26, 2007 at 1:31 AM Post #27 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by audiomagnate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You're such a wonderful charming person. I'll be sure to think of you when my phones come in.

Oct 26, 2007 at 1:44 AM Post #28 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by chesebert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
doesn't work anymore
frown.gif

That's odd, I just tried it again right now and it seems to work. Make sure that pop-ups aren't being blocked.

Oct 26, 2007 at 2:10 AM Post #29 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Veniogenesis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Roger that.

I remember the PortaPros use the same drivers as the KSC-35. Or maybe my memory is faulty.
tongue.gif

It is the same driver. Only difference is the porta-pro has a gold plated plug and blue plastic instead of black. The Porta-Pro headband attaches the same way as the clips so they are interchangeable. The headband and the clip sound different due to how the driver sits on your ear. If you are looking for a bassy KSC-35, get a Porta-Pro. It is similar, but since the headband pushes the driver to your ear you get a lot more bass.

I'm not so sure the KSC-75 sounds much different than the 35. Same as above, the way the clip connects to your ear will have a significant affect on the sound and I find the 35 clip to fit the drivers closer to my ears. When I switched drivers using the same clips there wasn't a huge difference between the 35 and 75 drivers.

In response to the reliability comment, I have had two drivers develop a buzz in the last few years I've enjoyed the 35. But I have had that happen to Grados and AKGs as well. Headphone drivers are fragile any way you look at it. Otherwise, the design is relatively sturdy if you take decent care of them. IMO the KSC-35 competes with any portable headphone under $100 out there.

Oct 26, 2007 at 2:57 AM Post #30 of 53
Couldn't resist, just ordered a pair from apuresound. Hope they get back to me before the weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back