Koss KSC-35 IN STOCK!!!!
Oct 24, 2007 at 12:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 53

MrSlacker

Headphoneus Supremus
Don't walk... RUN!!!

I have no idea how, but APureSound managed to get a stock of brand new Koss KSC35!
These have been out of production everywhere for over a year... I am SOO getting a pair to replace my 75s.
http://www.apuresound.com/

Oct 24, 2007 at 2:15 AM Post #3 of 53
bass is the same give or take?

Oct 24, 2007 at 2:17 AM Post #4 of 53
I posted information on how to order KSC35 from Koss.com even after they discontinued them in a couple older threads. Maybe I should have just made my own thread detailing the process.
tongue.gif

It seemed almost like a "secret deal", and only select people who read the right thread could find the instructions.
smily_headphones1.gif
For those in the US, it seems like it would be cheaper to go directly through Koss (especially with the coupon code, I think it comes out to a little over $30 shipped), but it might be more worthwhile for those outside of the US to go through APureSound (just a guess), or if you plan on getting it recabled, then it'd probably be wiser to just order through APureSound as well (to save on time/shipping costs).

I'm glad these 'phones are still getting the respect they deserve at a $30 price point.

P.S. I'm not 100% sure that this process still works, but there doesn't seem to be anything to lose. A few members here recently used those instructions and they successfully ordered and received them. I used this method a long time ago to re-obtain my own pair, since they replaced my faulty ones with new KSC75 (which I didn't like as much).

Oct 24, 2007 at 2:59 AM Post #5 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterDLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I posted information on how to order KSC35 from Koss.com even after they discontinued them in a couple older threads. Maybe I should have just made my own thread detailing the process.

<snip>

P.S. I'm not 100% sure that this process still works, but there doesn't seem to be anything to lose. A few members here recently used those instructions and they successfully ordered and received them. I used this method a long time ago to re-obtain my own pair, since they replaced my faulty ones with new KSC75 (which I didn't like as much).

Yes, I just recently tried the 'copy and paste the URL' method on the koss website based on your post, and it still works. It comes out to $31.99 shipped with the discount. Thanks for posting that by the way.

Oct 24, 2007 at 3:21 AM Post #7 of 53
i used the copy paste thingy last week and i got them! i didnt know about the 20% off discount though! ARGH! coulda saved me $7-8!

Oct 24, 2007 at 7:29 AM Post #9 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Electron Tube /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They sound much more natural. Soundstage is more expansive, and the highs still sparkle though not as piercing as the ksc75's. I thought the 75's were rather good, but the 35 is much better and has a refined overall scheme of things. (Koss really isn't very refined to begin with though.)

Do the kramer mod on the grilles, but don't cut the quarter sized hole in the foam. Leave the stock foam pads alone. Drill as many holes as you can in the grille though. You will be rewarded with something of a ms1 sound but imo much more enjoyable and expansive than the ms1.

Any word on why? Your description feels a bit exaggerated, because they use the same drivers with enclosures that are marginally different. After kramer-modding I'd think that mechanically, they'd be very close.

Oct 24, 2007 at 8:27 AM Post #12 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Electron Tube /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tried adding the 75 ohm resistors, but the bass became overwhelming. I am not a basshead though as you may tell from my choice of headphones. If you are, the resistors added in the cable really adds thunderous bass.

whoa. can i just slap on any resistors?
i'm assuming less ohms will increase my bass less than more ohms?

a touch more would be nice

Oct 24, 2007 at 3:24 PM Post #13 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterDLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
tongue.gif

It seemed almost like a "secret deal", and only select people who read the right thread could find the instructions.
smily_headphones1.gif
For those in the US, it seems like it would be cheaper to go directly through Koss (especially with the coupon code, I think it comes out to a little over $30 shipped), but it might be more worthwhile for those outside of the US to go through APureSound (just a guess), or if you plan on getting it recabled, then it'd probably be wiser to just order through APureSound as well (to save on time/shipping costs).

I'm glad these 'phones are still getting the respect they deserve at a $30 price point.

Still Works, woot good thing since i have to redo my cable mod to my 75's. and gave my less modded pair of 75's to a iBud cursed friend.

Oct 24, 2007 at 3:42 PM Post #15 of 53
i got them... and they sounded very strange indeed for the 1st hour... seems to be much better now after 10 hours of burn in

i replaced the earclips from the ksc75 to the 35s for more comfort... =D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back