KOSS ESP-950 Thread
Jul 19, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #1,006 of 4,054
I have no idea why with such good phone like Koss, they build the amp out of plastic box and external power supply~~~~ If they release the MKII system with better amp and exact same phone for $1000, I will buy it~~~~

Jul 19, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #1,007 of 4,054
Quote:
I have no idea why with such good phone like Koss, they build the amp out of plastic box and external power supply~~~~ If they release the MKII system with better amp and exact same phone for $1000, I will buy it~~~~

I agree about the metal box and good power supply. But you can always buy/build a 9-12v linear power supply with minimum cost. I am also thinking about fitting the amp in a metal box, but I need to plan it well so that I can easily put the amp back in the plastic box for any potential warranty repair. 

Given that you can buy one in like new shape for around $600-700 (damn inflation), it's still a very good buy. 

Jul 19, 2013 at 8:15 PM Post #1,008 of 4,054
I agree about the metal box and good power supply. But you can always buy/build a 9-12v linear power supply with minimum cost. I am also thinking about fitting the amp in a metal box, but I need to plan it well so that I can easily put the amp back in the plastic box for any potential warranty repair. 

Given that you can buy one in like new shape for around $600-700 (damn inflation), it's still a very good buy. 

Well,I got mine for 650 new, nothing to complain here.just wondering if the can make A more explosive version with better amp,I will be happy to buy...

Jul 19, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #1,009 of 4,054
Quote:
Well,I got mine for 650 new, nothing to complain here.just wondering if the can make A more explosive version with better amp,I will be happy to buy...

It raises the price, especially when you have a super lifetime warranty.

I do agree, though, I'd love to see an ESP-950 made of some nice strong materials. Or at least an E90 without that damn dual volume knob. :/

Jul 20, 2013 at 8:41 AM Post #1,016 of 4,054
stax amps are +/-350

the reason its plastic is that its
a) cheap
b) designed to be portable and run off of batteries.
(not that anyone actually does that)

Jul 20, 2013 at 9:17 AM Post #1,017 of 4,054
Quote:
Because they are better designed. Not to mention Koss like to skimp on quality to price on parts which is why you can buy a complete package for less than 1k.

Wasn't the system well around 2000 dollars when introduced?  That was at least the MSRP.

Jul 20, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #1,020 of 4,054
Yeah, sorry. I had a guy from Europe steal a pair of IEMs from me here. I got them back in the end (since he scammed at least another dozen people at the same time and they found his address, high school, name, and his local police phone number), but I'm still a bit wary considering I have no control over a package once it leaves the US.

EDIT: If I cannot find a buyer, and you cannot find one being sold for a decent price, I'll let you know, and we may be able to work something out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back