Koss A250 - WHOA!!!!!
Mar 22, 2007 at 5:08 AM Post #16 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by daduy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok, so what's the reasonable price for the a/250?
blink.gif

Hard to say. The A/250 can foot it with headphones like the DT880 and HD600 and not be embarased. I guess it would depend on how much he potential seller liked them.

Mar 22, 2007 at 5:30 AM Post #17 of 35
whats the best place to get them?
ebay doesnt have them

Mar 22, 2007 at 5:32 AM Post #18 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by kamal007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
whats the best place to get them?
ebay doesnt have them

They've been out of production for about a decade.

Mar 22, 2007 at 12:42 PM Post #19 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by daduy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok, so what's the reasonable price for the a/250?
blink.gif

The A250 are one of the headphones whose value has no real relation to its performance. It's like there's a weird head-fi brotherhood insisting that since most of us got them on the absurd closeout price, that the used value must remain low. I'd say that $100 maximum is a good place to stop, way cheaper than the phones they can compete with, but not losing the head-fi community feel of the thing.

(ps, wow, I managed to correct Kramer on a technicality. I feel like I just graduated from head-fi High)

Apr 12, 2007 at 7:35 AM Post #20 of 35
*thread revival*

For those who think that the A250 are weak in bass... you really got to pair them up with the right system. Anything on the edgy and cold side of sound in your system can make them neigh unlistenable. Your best bet is get a power tube amp (with lots of current output), and a strong dynamic source to churn out some power bass. I tell you, these phones are capable of some VERY amazing bass, the cleanest I have heard as well.

Apr 19, 2007 at 10:14 PM Post #21 of 35
I just got my A250 via the raffle
k1000smile.gif

Keep in mind I am running these with the C320BEE LMAO...
First Impression: sounds alot like HD600 I had.

No need to to dive too deep into the review since I don't have a decent headamp anymore. But regardless, I feel A250 has a lot of potential

1. Need to get a real headamp with lots of current driving power AND voltage swing. (Much like Grado, with its punishing top end and HD650 with flabby low end until you bit@#$slap them with some real current and voltage swing)

2. The amp need to have a high slew rate to control those high end harshness

3. I can sort of see some value getting it balanced. Since no one has had them balanced, I can't make the judg. I just think these may be good candidate for that

4. I also think a cardas cable would make the sound more "you are there" with a little more emphasis on mid range richness.

Overall, I am very pleased with it. THANK YOU SMEGGY!!!

Apr 20, 2007 at 12:25 AM Post #23 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Youre right!! After 8-9000 posts I forget.

Holy ****! I hadn't realized you're well past the 10,000 post mark
eek.gif

Apr 20, 2007 at 7:30 AM Post #24 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by nabwong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmm.... i never noticed these but i think my school's audio library has a bunch of these powered by creek head amp. I've always used the sony 7506 in the library though. I should check tomorrow morning.

That's quite the find. You should ask if they'd be willing to sell one.

Apr 20, 2007 at 9:22 AM Post #25 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by nabwong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmm.... i never noticed these but i think my school's audio library has a bunch of these powered by creek head amp. I've always used the sony 7506 in the library though. I should check tomorrow morning.

School in Boston or Singapore? If Boston, what room exactly? Just kidding. I thinik. Maybe they'll let you trade in some V6 for an A250. At the very least you can try before you buy.

Dec 7, 2008 at 9:05 PM Post #27 of 35
Yes I think that could be a correct statement. I loved their sound when I had them but was not too keen on the build quality/material value.

Apr 21, 2012 at 10:41 AM Post #29 of 35
Wish I had never sold mine

Apr 21, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #30 of 35

Quote:
thread revival #3: hey does anyone still listen to these?

Sometimes, but usually they're in storage. The treble is very fatiguing for me, so I use my DJ100 instead.
I bet I can improve the A/250 (for me) with a specific amp/dac combination, but never got very far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back