KOSS A250 from KOSS eBay thread
Jun 17, 2006 at 5:38 AM Post #406 of 701
Quote:

Originally Posted by Disiskurt
On a brighter note, I'm really enjoying my first run with the A250.

I am as well. I listened on the LDII first, which was decent, then I moved over to the Rockhopper maxed PPAv2 and have been much more impressed. I'll have to try it with the Woo next, but I'm busy enjoying what I'm hearing
smily_headphones1.gif

As far as isolation is concerned, with the A250 there is none
wink.gif
You can hear it at listening level clearly from 20 feet away. The A130 seems to offer very good isolation, at the same levels and with the drivers covered they are pretty quiet.

Jun 17, 2006 at 6:06 AM Post #407 of 701
I got mine about a earlier this week and been using them as my main can...but
now the foam on the inside where my ears touch is starting to come apart.
mad.gif

meh, whatever. guess it was bound to happen. any other cases?
168721408_14a102f52c_m.jpg

Jun 17, 2006 at 6:20 AM Post #408 of 701
Quote:

Originally Posted by VR6ofpain
Whoever can tell me where this KOSS ad is from, wins my respect (not that you need it)

Jimothy is correct; the still is from the paradigm-shifting 1982 classic noir/SF/hardboiled-detective movie Blade Runner. How'd you spot the Koss ad?

Jun 17, 2006 at 6:40 AM Post #409 of 701
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimothy
Bladerunner?

NICE! you win.
a250smile7tw.gif

Jun 17, 2006 at 6:43 AM Post #410 of 701
Quote:

Originally Posted by wualta
Jimothy is correct; the still is from the paradigm-shifting 1982 classic noir/SF/hardboiled-detective movie Blade Runner. How'd you spot the Koss ad?

How did I spot it? well because that movie is the $hit, and I have watched it so many times that I am always scanning the scenery when I watch it now. There is actually another KOSS add on the window sill area right below that, but it was hard to get a full capture of it, with all the pedestrians walking by.

Jun 17, 2006 at 8:40 AM Post #411 of 701
Woohoo!

I remembered that pretty much instantly. Head-fi seems to have made me look for headphone references everywhere.
tongue.gif
Good thing there are so few to remember.
biggrin.gif

So what's my prize?
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 17, 2006 at 8:43 AM Post #412 of 701
Quote:

Originally Posted by enjoi_rootbeer
I got mine about a earlier this week and been using them as my main can...but
now the foam on the inside where my ears touch is starting to come apart.
mad.gif

meh, whatever. guess it was bound to happen. any other cases?
168721408_14a102f52c_m.jpg

Wow, that's strange. It was actually quite difficult for me to tear off that foam when I dismantled my pair, so I'm surprised it came apart so easily against your ears.

Time to use that lifetime warranty. (people starting to see my point about lack of need for great quality control if you offer a lifetime warranty...?!)

Jun 17, 2006 at 1:03 PM Post #413 of 701
These A250s seem to have been slightly... older stock. It normally takes more than a few years for foam to disintegrate like that. I mean, I have HD535s that I bought as NOS, these must be from 1999 or older, and the foam still is in good condition there. What the stuff doesn't seem to like is tropical climate (heat and humidity), some folks in southeast Asia haven't been too happy with their rather quickly disintegrating HD570 earpads. But then I don't think Wisconsin would be considered to have a climate like that.

Jun 17, 2006 at 3:30 PM Post #414 of 701
Just opened up the housing and slapped a layer of "Tac N Stik" in the there. Midbass has definitely increased a bit and the peaky highs have been attenuated
smily_headphones1.gif
. You should try it out, Dave. I think you'd be pretty happy with the sound.

Jun 17, 2006 at 3:52 PM Post #415 of 701
Quote:

Originally Posted by prona
Just opened up the housing and slapped a layer of "Tac N Stik" in the there. Midbass has definitely increased a bit and the peaky highs have been attenuated
smily_headphones1.gif

on the A250 or 130?
Pics please
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Garrett

Jun 17, 2006 at 4:09 PM Post #416 of 701
This is for the A130s. I will post pics later when I go back in to put more in! I think just a mm more of tak should be perfect!

Jun 17, 2006 at 4:09 PM Post #417 of 701
Quote:

Originally Posted by sgrossklass
These A250s seem to have been slightly... older stock. It normally takes more than a few years for foam to disintegrate like that. I mean, I have HD535s that I bought as NOS, these must be from 1999 or older, and the foam still is in good condition there. What the stuff doesn't seem to like is tropical climate (heat and humidity), some folks in southeast Asia haven't been too happy with their rather quickly disintegrating HD570 earpads. But then I don't think Wisconsin would be considered to have a climate like that.

I don't know about all of them. I was just pushing and trying to snag my foam to see if it is fragile. It would not tear even when tugging on it, or pushing it in below the driver where there is nothing behind it, so it stretches. Lucky for me I guess.
Quote:

Originally Posted by facelvega
My A250 leak noise like a sieve. Not like a grado, but pretty bad, and I'll get thrown out of my office if I torture my fellow grad students with those suckers.

I think my A/250's leak much more than my HF-1's.

Jun 17, 2006 at 4:11 PM Post #418 of 701
Quote:

This is for the A130s. I will post pics later when I go back in to put more in! I think just a mm more of tak should be perfect!

Oh thanks!! I have an A130 coming and I'm planning a woody mod for it. I was thinking about using blue tac to tune the earcup enclosure.

Garrett

Jun 17, 2006 at 4:57 PM Post #419 of 701
Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif

Oh hell yes! Going out and buying some tak and playing with these headphones will now definitely be my reward for finishing the paper I'm writing now (you know, I just had to check this one little thread...
biggrin.gif
)

If I can get those highs just a little bit more lazy, the sound of the A130s will be damn near ideal.

Jun 17, 2006 at 6:00 PM Post #420 of 701
Some pics of the operation!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back