KOSS A250 from KOSS eBay thread
Jun 16, 2006 at 3:56 AM Post #391 of 701
I must say, its been a couple of weeks since I got these A/250's and only managing an hour or two of listening a night it's taking a while to burn them in.. but it's getting better all the time.

The bass is still a little on the thin side compared to the K240's these are currently replacing, but the highs.. wow..

There is so much more detail and resolution in these.. I'm hearing so much more in some songs it's just amazing how much I've been missing
frown.gif

Now with the KSC75's at work and these at home.. looks like I joined team Koss!

without a doubt they're my best audio buy yet.. (the echo indgo at $80 was a bit of a bargain too)

Definate thumbs up here!

Jun 16, 2006 at 3:56 AM Post #392 of 701
Quick question, mainly for Dave, I guess: you say that the A130 isolation is only so-so as far as ambient noise blocking is concerned, but how about for leakage? Would these work as office cans, not bothering those seated nearby? My A250 leak noise like a sieve. Not like a grado, but pretty bad, and I'll get thrown out of my office if I torture my fellow grad students with those suckers.

Jun 16, 2006 at 4:06 AM Post #393 of 701
Quote:

Originally Posted by facelvega
Quick question, mainly for Dave, I guess: you say that the A130 isolation is only so-so as far as ambient noise blocking is concerned, but how about for leakage? Would these work as office cans, not bothering those seated nearby? My A250 leak noise like a sieve. Not like a grado, but pretty bad, and I'll get thrown out of my office if I torture my fellow grad students with those suckers.

Yeah, they don't keep much sound out, but they do keep the sound in pretty well. I don't think you'd have any complaints at all.

Jun 16, 2006 at 4:16 AM Post #394 of 701
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
MINE!! I was hoping no one would notice these.
Coming up.... mahogany woody earcups... stay tuned
biggrin.gif

Ah ha!

I could tell it was a headfier that won them, based on your previous purchases.
tongue.gif

Jun 16, 2006 at 9:01 PM Post #397 of 701
Mine arrived today as well. I've only had a chance to try the A250 so far. For the amount paid I'm pretty impressed with the sound. I can see how members are finding them to be slightly bright, so I'm giving them some burn in time before I sit down and give them a serious listen. They ended up looking a lot better than I expected, and I guess my family is used to seeing me with big "unique looking" cans on my head because no one said a word or looked twice while I was wearing them.
tongue.gif

Jun 16, 2006 at 11:54 PM Post #398 of 701
I just got my stuff, 1 A130, 1 A250, 2 BKH3...and wait, what's this? Koss also packed 2 KSC-55 in the box! Since they aren't part of any of their eBay auctions, I'm guessing that this is a gift rather than a mistake. So I thank you, Koss!
biggrin.gif

And now the problems...the A130 were given a test drive, and there's a pretty bad rattling sound with them on my head. I'm assuming that it's the drivers that are rattling. The sound isn't affected by it at all, but the noise is driving me bonkers. Any ideas on how to stop this without sending them back to Koss?

Jun 17, 2006 at 2:23 AM Post #399 of 701
Quote:

Originally Posted by Disiskurt
I just got my stuff, 1 A130, 1 A250, 2 BKH3...and wait, what's this? Koss also packed 2 KSC-55 in the box! Since they aren't part of any of their eBay auctions, I'm guessing that this is a gift rather than a mistake. So I thank you, Koss!
biggrin.gif

And now the problems...the A130 were given a test drive, and there's a pretty bad rattling sound with them on my head. I'm assuming that it's the drivers that are rattling. The sound isn't affected by it at all, but the noise is driving me bonkers. Any ideas on how to stop this without sending them back to Koss?

Yes I got a KSC55 with my BKH3 as well. I sent an email to Koss to make sure it wasn't a mistake, but since you got them too I'm guessing they are a nice freebie. If they are, thanks Koss!
smily_headphones1.gif

In regards to your A130, are both drivers rattling? Perhaps a bit of Bluetak, or possibly lining the edge of the driver mount with caulk (depends on the driver used, might not be possible). Either of these may void your warranty, so tread with care
wink.gif
I haven't had any time to test my A130s yet, aside from a 1 minute listen to make sure they were working before I set them up to be burned in.

Jun 17, 2006 at 3:47 AM Post #400 of 701
Yes, both are rattling. Good point on the modding possibly voiding the warranty. I think I'll contact the eBay seller and try to get either a replacement or refund with no extra charges coming my way (and why should there be?)

Jun 17, 2006 at 4:26 AM Post #402 of 701
I'm gonna try to see if this can be settled with the seller, since it's an eBay transaction and this would be handled on a more personal level since we know the lister/seller is actually one person.

On a brighter note, I'm really enjoying my first run with the A250. I initially thought there was a channel imbalance, but that turned out to be imagined upon switching and one-ear listening. The detail is very impressive so far.

Jun 17, 2006 at 4:42 AM Post #403 of 701
Whoever can tell me where this KOSS add is from, wins my respect (not that you need it):

KOSS.jpg

Jun 17, 2006 at 4:44 AM Post #404 of 701
Quote:

Originally Posted by VR6ofpain
Whoever can tell me where this KOSS add is from, wins my respect (not that you need it):

Chinatown?

Jun 17, 2006 at 5:30 AM Post #405 of 701
Quote:

Originally Posted by VR6ofpain

KOSS.jpg

Bladerunner?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back