KOSS A250 from KOSS eBay thread
Jul 13, 2006 at 3:19 AM Post #556 of 701
Sounds pretty intresting, got a pic of yours? Im suprised that a speaker could be adiquitly driven by HP gear.
Quote:

Originally Posted by craiglester
Close, but the coathanger is made of brass according to the patent i read that's listed on mine.

I just picked up a very similar pair for a whopping 1.99 plus shipping..

I prised the cup apart to see how big the driver is and much to my surprise, its frickin huge. and as it was made in 1962, is actually a paper cone speaker.. I'd guess the diameter is something like 80 mm.

Kinda explains the honkin bass out of these buggers. Oh and the're surprisingly comfortable all things considered

Of course I look like a complete tool wearing them mind you.

Build quality is first rate, considering theyre even older than I am. I only I'd aged as well...

Jul 13, 2006 at 3:48 AM Post #557 of 701
Some Pics..

hmmm..

Okay...

Damn!

Whoah!

And the obligatory pic of me looking like a tool wearing them..

I don't normally look that ill..I've not been sleeping much this year
plainface.gif

Jul 13, 2006 at 2:21 PM Post #560 of 701
I fear that I'm as likely to get Kicked as I am get my own kicks if I was to wear these out in public. Especially on the 16 bus I get.. i swear someone would somehow take offence at them. It's a scary bus.

Sorry for the thread hijack everyone. please go back to discussing the excellent A/250's

Thank you

Jul 13, 2006 at 4:20 PM Post #561 of 701
The A250 is a VERY good headphone!!! The honeymoon period (ooh aah) has now long been over and I am still completely enjoying these phones.

They have completely replaced my HD580 and K240s in my lineup. They are HEAD / SHOULDERS better phones than either of those (give my musical preferences). They have all the soundstage / image... with tons of speed and detail resolution, and without vacating center stage. They are a pretty detail revealing phone too. There are times the A250 betters my RS1 indetail resolution.

The show up used on ebay from $45-$80. Jump on them for that price.

Garrett

Jul 13, 2006 at 5:30 PM Post #562 of 701
I tend to reach for them everytime I listen to music. Dunno why.

Jul 13, 2006 at 5:42 PM Post #563 of 701
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lostlamb
I tend to reach for them everytime I listen to music. Dunno why.

Maybe because they're just that good??!!
tongue.gif

Jul 13, 2006 at 5:44 PM Post #564 of 701
Despite the fact they leak sound a lot more,and feel a lot more fragile, they're also my preferred current music headphone.

Even More than my new (and yet very very old) SP3's
smily_headphones1.gif

Best 30 or so bucks i've spent on phones. Ever. They do just sound great. I'm thinking i'm going to have a hard time spending more on another pair of headphones for a very long time. I'm waiting for the special edition black and gold K701's (keep dreaming huh)

Or Koss to dig up some NOS 950's and plonk em on Ebay for fleamarket prices
smily_headphones1.gif
heh

Jul 13, 2006 at 5:49 PM Post #565 of 701
Quote:

Originally Posted by craiglester
Despite the fact they leak sound a lot more,and feel a lot more fragile, they're also my preferred current music headphone.

Even More than my new (and yet very very old) SP3's
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah, I just noticed how loose the headband is where it is removable.

I don't think the construction is bad, but the materials are crap. Pleather and plastic all around.

Jul 14, 2006 at 1:22 AM Post #566 of 701
I still haven't got back my A130s from repair yet, I wonder what's taking them :p

EDIT: Speak of the devil, they had arrived today but no one told me. Didn't notice any rattling of the drivers. Will have to have a listen to make sure they replaced the driver.

Jul 14, 2006 at 5:47 PM Post #567 of 701
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
The A250 is a VERY good headphone!!! The honeymoon period (ooh aah) has now long been over and I am still completely enjoying these phones.

They have completely replaced my HD580 and K240s in my lineup. They are HEAD / SHOULDERS better phones than either of those (give my musical preferences). They have all the soundstage / image... with tons of speed and detail resolution, and without vacating center stage. They are a pretty detail revealing phone too. There are times the A250 betters my RS1 indetail resolution.

The show up used on ebay from $45-$80. Jump on them for that price.

Garrett

Hear, hear. These have effectively replaced my K240's as well, and have saved me from a contemplated HD580 purchase. Now with the post-honeymoon sob going on in this thread, let's not start cheating on the missus. (whoah, too far with the analogy) It seems that a number of us have agreed that these headphones are competitive at the HD580 level, with a sound well-suited to what a lot of us listen to.

Now I'm dying to hear my new A130 as well (needed some closed cans for office use, and these seemed like a better deal than some K81dj), but they're with a headphone-loving colleague in Boston, and I've moved back to Berlin. In the meantime, my office-mate will just have to suffer.

-Erik

Jul 15, 2006 at 4:13 AM Post #569 of 701
Jul 15, 2006 at 5:16 AM Post #570 of 701
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiGHFLYiN9
I still haven't got back my A130s from repair yet, I wonder what's taking them :p

EDIT: Speak of the devil, they had arrived today but no one told me. Didn't notice any rattling of the drivers. Will have to have a listen to make sure they replaced the driver.

Received mine back as well. I sent the blister case and everything just in case. I received them in a small, tight box with no packing materials and no case. They didn't even give me back my 1/4" to 1/8" adaptor. The headphones work fine though, no more rattle. I guess I know to only send the headphones in the future, but with my displeasure over the despicable selling practices of the eBay seller (at least 20% of the A130's were defective and they played it like it wasn't their fault,) I may make it a point to avoid future Koss products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back