KOSS A250 from KOSS eBay thread
Jun 30, 2006 at 3:36 AM Post #526 of 701
I bought the A130s and think they sound pretty good. I can only compare them to my KSC75s - but think they lack the punch right now that I am experiencing with the KSC75s.

I also have a rattling of the drivers but I will eventually do the tak mod as these will serve as my main home cans until I experience others. Hopefully I can get to a local meet this year to experience different sounds.

Todd

Jun 30, 2006 at 4:04 AM Post #527 of 701
The thread that never dies....
Heres mine
biggrin.gif
(No grattle here either)

dscn77401ol.jpg

dscn77418vy.jpg

dscn77421uk.jpg

dscn77440ay.jpg

dscn77450ni.jpg

dscn77468ih.jpg

Jun 30, 2006 at 4:15 AM Post #531 of 701
Quote:

Originally Posted by wualta
Was there ever an Optimus version of the A/250?

Might want to PM Nicole (Koss rep)... She posted a couple comments in the first 3-4 pages of this thread-monster.

Impressions coming
biggrin.gif

Just plugged them into my laptop, listening to some SRV now
biggrin.gif

Surely I'll bring these to the national meet in April... Curious to see how well they scale up with better amps/sources.

Jun 30, 2006 at 5:32 AM Post #532 of 701
I dig that you post photos wearing the headphones you buy. It gives us an idea of what we would look like wearing them.

Random comment about that:
My girlfriend could not stand the way I looked when I had the A/250. She would constantly say, you look ridiculous. I would always say, "I know!", and I would grin. She thinks the best looking can's I have (wearing them) are my HF-1's, 'since they are small'. Though she thinks (purely from a design standpoint) that the HD-555's I got her, along with my K601's look the best.
I wonder what she'll say about my soon to arrive K81DJ's?

Jun 30, 2006 at 9:58 PM Post #533 of 701
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiGHFLYiN9
Anyone gotten back their defective A130s yet? I just had a chance to send mine in today.

I just sent mine in on Tuesday, but I'll be sure to post when I get them back.

Jul 1, 2006 at 7:01 AM Post #534 of 701
My second A130 arrived and *sigh* they also rattle, even more I think than the first ones. It's easy to fix but it's pretty crappy that I have to fix a "brand new" item. Easy to fix, easy to detect, how does this get past quality control?

On my first pair I hear static on several songs. I don't know if it's the phones or the player or the songs that are the problem but it's certainly more noticeable now. That may be simply because I can hear things in more detail with these than I could with my generic phones. More testing required.

Jul 1, 2006 at 7:44 AM Post #535 of 701
Quote:

Originally Posted by Disiskurt
Ugh. Frankly, I'm disgusted with this eBay seller. Absolutely amazing how many defective A130s have popped up. I won't quite go as far as to judge Koss as a company based on my eBay purchases, but koss4129 is either getting neutral or negative feedback from me. If I really felt like wasting my time, I'd start a Paypal dispute over this. He/she simply can't lie about the item's condition and waive all responsibility when the buyer finds out that something is wrong with it. But hell, the seller is getting off easy, saving $7.20 (my cost for shipping back to Koss) at the expense of one negative/neutral feedback.

Currently the auction does say:
"All items sold on the Koss4129 eBay Store are sold AS-IS."
So far the seller has 100% positive feedback, so I think you are of a small number of people whom are unhappy.
The A/250's I bought were in perfect shape and had no problems. I really am starting to wonder what is going on with the A/130's.

Jul 1, 2006 at 10:20 PM Post #536 of 701
Optimus Pro-155 impressions-

Highs tend to sizzle just a little more than the A250. Sounds a little more conjested than the A250. Lacks just a hair of the detail resolution that makes the A250 so special. Crowd cheer in live recordings has some strange midrange echo-colorations. Its not major, but very slightly different than the A250.

BASSY (!!!)

dayum!! you guys must be some serious bass-heads to be blue tacking these guys. I 've recabled a few phones with canare starquad... and have never had it make this much of a difference before. puzzled
confused.gif

Took the earcups apart.... Low and behold... KSC75 DRIVERS!! well.. KTX Pro1 / UR40 drivers to be exact. Im not sure if these drivers are used in the A130 though.

Jul 3, 2006 at 5:03 AM Post #537 of 701
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
Took the earcups apart.... Low and behold... KSC75 DRIVERS!! well.. KTX Pro1 / UR40 drivers to be exact. Im not sure if these drivers are used in the A130 though.

Wow. Did you take pics?

Jul 3, 2006 at 5:51 AM Post #538 of 701
Quote:

Originally Posted by VR6ofpain
Wow. Did you take pics?

Sure.... note these are optimus Pro155... NOT the Koss A130

dscn77481az.jpg

dscn77505kg.jpg

dscn77518zu.jpg

dscn77520jj.jpg

As I was pulling them apart it became clear why everyone is complaining about driver rattles. the drivers are held in place with a VERY weak adhesive, and not much of it I might add. Just a little tug and the drivers popped out. I'm willing to bet that if some of you pushed on the drivers they would just "collapese" into the earcups. So be carefull...

Garrett

Jul 3, 2006 at 6:13 AM Post #539 of 701
Wow, a titanium diaphram inside the older "KSC35" basket. I never knew much about the UR40. Do they sound the same as the KSC75 drivers? I am surprised those who like the sound of the KSC75 but not the looks, don't go for these drivers and mount them to their KSC75 clips, similarly to how I did with my KSC35 drivers, since I like their sound more:

KSC.jpg

I think the older basket (I am using this speaker term, because it fits best) mold is much more friendly to the eyes than the newer 'UFO' basket of the KSC75.

Jul 3, 2006 at 6:17 AM Post #540 of 701
Internals of an A/130 to compare with the Optimus. (NOT a KSC75 driver).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back