Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere:
Oct 10, 2014 at 12:49 PM Post #511 of 1,681
That is fine, as long as you bring it on to the plane cabin with you as hand luggage like fnkcow said, and not in your checked in luggage, it's how i got one to Wokei. The ban on the batteries in cargo has something to do with changing air pressure increasing the chances of a damaged Li cell catching fire coupled with being unattended in the baggage hold (not 100% sure and i'm too sleepy to google fu it :p ).

Quote:
so what about i carrying by myself the kogan from aussie to another country? it's okay? sorry for my bad english lol
biggrin.gif

Oct 10, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #514 of 1,681
http://www.head-fi.org/t/737729/kogan-mp4-dap-shipping-and-fees-included

Not mine nor do I know the seller, but an option for interested US members

Oct 10, 2014 at 3:19 PM Post #517 of 1,681
Finally got some time to properly try the kogan player. Honestly for the price it's really impressive. for a device under $50 this produce a much cleaner output on it's headphone out compared to an ipod touch using a line out dock. it's really something. The sound is really2 clean and quite detailed. Truly a great find. If they make the build quality better and better UI I have no problem to pay up to $200 for this sound quality.

An amplifier definitely makes things better, I'm using it with an RSA intruder and it's quite something. It's so small and light it feels like I've just attached an LCD screen to the intruder lols :)

It may sounds crazy pairing a $30 player with $700 portable amp but hey I just turned my good amp into a DAP with just $30 with hardly any extra bulk

That's one way of looking at it lol

Oct 10, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #518 of 1,681
Can anyone think of a closed headphone that can run off the Kogan without an amp and be enjoyable?  Sometimes IEMs & earbuds are just uncomfortable.  Hmm, I should remember to try my JVC S400 when I get a chance.

Oct 10, 2014 at 3:41 PM Post #519 of 1,681
Can anyone think of a closed headphone that can run off the Kogan without an amp and be enjoyable?  Sometimes IEMs & earbuds are just uncomfortable.  Hmm, I should remember to try my JVC S400 when I get a chance.

Budget? The Don Scorpio Dolphins @$99 @penonaudio is probably one if the best portable over ear you can get for the money. They're easy to drive.

If portability isn't important check out the Superlux and Takstar offerings. They both have their own threads here.

Oct 10, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #520 of 1,681
Mainly something to wear when walking the dog, which is mainly neighborhood with under a dozen cars within an hour or so's time, so noise isn't much of an issue.  I guess I should start going through my closed headphones to see what the Kogan can drive and what it can't, have half a dozen options I should try...  kind of wish I had the Kogan back when I was trying out the Mo-Fi.

Oct 10, 2014 at 3:49 PM Post #521 of 1,681
Wokei, I found a headphone I get the feeling might amuse you.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/axent-wear-cat-ear-headphones

Oct 10, 2014 at 10:04 PM Post #525 of 1,681
If it weren't for the possible rain, I would have tested one of my cans. Will say that the Kogan and AX35 make Beck's Sea Change album sound amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back