Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere:
Jan 19, 2016 at 6:13 AM Post #1,516 of 1,681
Jan 31, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #1,520 of 1,681
How about new xduoo x3? Is it better than x2?

According to the impressions and reviews so far it seems that it is better. I will get mine most probably in two weeks and share my impressions on them. If you are on budget Newsmy A33 is also a good dap to consider.

Feb 1, 2016 at 4:56 AM Post #1,521 of 1,681
According to the impressions and reviews so far it seems that it is better. I will get mine most probably in two weeks and share my impressions on them. If you are on budget Newsmy A33 is also a good dap to consider.

Any thoughts on Newsmy vs X2?

Feb 2, 2016 at 1:50 AM Post #1,522 of 1,681
If you can stretch your budget, do it! I would describe Newsmy as the most budget mp3 player you can get. It also can play few of your FLAC files (only 16bit), but who would convert all 24 to 16. It has a lot of power, integrated 8Gb memory expandable with MicroSD. But that is. The negatives? UI is not friendly and a little bit frustrating, You can't continue with your playback on SD card, so after every sleep/turn on you have to navigate through folders and finde what you were listening. Build quality is bad. Sometimes I want to turn volume down and instead it acts as return button... I would suggest using your smartphone if you have a decent one or get better player. It's not garbage, but for me is smartphone/tablet better choice and I don't have to deal with another charging. xDuoo X2 should be a little bit better based on reviews, but I don't have personal experience to tell you more.

Feb 6, 2016 at 7:14 PM Post #1,523 of 1,681

http://www.ruizu.com.cn/?product/201503198482.html

New Kogan?

Feb 7, 2016 at 1:36 AM Post #1,525 of 1,681
Feb 7, 2016 at 3:30 AM Post #1,527 of 1,681
http://www.amazon.com/AGPtEK-B03-Updated-Version-Supports/dp/B015OC3FUU

New Kogan?

Feb 7, 2016 at 3:51 AM Post #1,528 of 1,681
  Firmware version on my Newsmy is 1.3, didn't find source for firmware updates, so maybe it is already fixed in newer versions.

Found a link with a probably latest firmware, but no clue how to update it. We'll need a help of Russian Head-Fiers for that: http://realtrustnews.ru/page/newsmy_a33_firmware/

Quote:
  Any thoughts on Newsmy vs X2?

Short answer X2 is overall better.
Long story: Newsmy has a better chip, at least on the paper, more relaxed sound but with a weird soundstage. Buttons sometimes react erratic, at least on mine, and it doesn't remember anything last played from the card. It goes very loud when used with easy to drive hps, but losses the authority as soon as you connect less sensitive hps. Also, used as a line out, with a volume maxed, outputs rather a low voltage signal. Still has some charm for outdoor and gym or let's say non-critical listening, being very light.
X2 has somehow a more "serious" feeling to it and a far better amplification. And most important, it resumes where you drop off on last listening.

Feb 7, 2016 at 3:56 AM Post #1,529 of 1,681
Found a link with a probably latest firmware, but no clue how to update it. We'll need a help of Russian Head-Fiers for that: http://realtrustnews.ru/page/newsmy_a33_firmware/

Short answer X2 is overall better.
Long story: Newsmy has a better chip, at least on the paper, more relaxed sound but with a weird soundstage. Buttons sometimes react erratic, at least on mine, and it doesn't remember anything last played from the card. It goes very loud when used with easy to drive hps, but losses the authority as soon as you connect less sensitive hps. Also, used as a line out, with a volume maxed, outputs rather a low voltage signal. Still has some charm for outdoor and gym or let's say non-critical listening, being very light.
X2 has somehow a more "serious" feeling to it and a far better amplification. And most important, it resumes where you drop off on last listening.

Not agreed. A33 remembers last position on internal memory but not on SD card. Btw, X2 has a distorted bass and some hum.

Feb 7, 2016 at 4:10 AM Post #1,530 of 1,681
Not agreed. A33 remembers last position on internal memory but not on SD card. Btw, X2 has a distorted bass and some hum.

Well, I wrote "doesn't remember anything last played from the card" 
smily_headphones1.gif
 With the internal memory it's OK. 
When I tried to connect both players through "line-out", turning the volume to the max to the amp+speakers, at least in my case X2 gave a cleaner signal. As for distorted bass and hum, I guess it depends also on hp pairing. My X2 also hisses with high sensitive hps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back