Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere:
Feb 14, 2016 at 8:44 AM Post #1,546 of 1,681
  Well, so far on an initial listening with no burn in (just opened these) the Easy LZ-Z03A certainly seems to do justice to Beck with the Kogan.  Listening at a volume of 17, so it's having no issues being driven.  I must admit, I'm hearing some sounds in the background of the recording I don't always get to hear, so there's certainly a bit of definition on the pairing.  And yeah, the bass on these IEMs is enjoyable, which reviews seem to point at this one being a bit on the bassy side.

Which IEM in your possesion is comparable to Easy LZ-Z03A? 

Feb 14, 2016 at 8:48 AM Post #1,547 of 1,681
I'd put it quality-wise near the VSonic VSD3, maybe a little ahead for now, but it's hard to say with so little listening done with it so far.  But based off initial impressions I think it'd give the VSD3 a run for it's money, which from me is saying something because I absolutely love the VSD3.  I also think I'll end up preferring this to the Pistons 2 or 3.

Feb 14, 2016 at 8:55 AM Post #1,548 of 1,681
  I'd put it quality-wise near the VSonic VSD3, maybe a little ahead for now, but it's hard to say with so little listening done with it so far.  But based off initial impressions I think it'd give the VSD3 a run for it's money, which from me is saying something because I absolutely love the VSD3.  I also think I'll end up preferring this to the Pistons 2 or 3.

Thanks! Looking for your detailed impressions on them. 

Feb 14, 2016 at 7:19 PM Post #1,549 of 1,681
I am actually liking my Oriver O8 more than the Kogan. it's made by the same OEM, which is Oriver, and it has the most incompetent tactile screen ever. But the sound is better albeit it is not as versatile as the Kogan regarding formats.

Feb 14, 2016 at 7:26 PM Post #1,550 of 1,681
And I just went checking the Oriver website and guess what I found, looks like the OEM makers for the Kogan/Rytmix have something new in their hands:

http://www.oriver.net/e_productshow/?47-H1-HiFi-Music-Player-47.html

The specs look very nice. Where's H2O when we need him?

Feb 14, 2016 at 11:59 PM Post #1,551 of 1,681
Feb 15, 2016 at 1:07 AM Post #1,552 of 1,681
Maybe I can get my hands on it. Will let you know once I contact with Oriver.
wink.gif

Oh, that would be great Ozkan. Maybe it is another jewel like the Kogan.

Feb 15, 2016 at 1:38 AM Post #1,553 of 1,681
I am actually liking my Oriver O8 more than the Kogan. it's made by the same OEM, which is Oriver, and it has the most incompetent tactile screen ever. But the sound is better albeit it is not as versatile as the Kogan regarding formats.

@ Onix

The below post is not directed at you but serves to enlighten new folks who start to read this thread.
I just want to state here that maybe many new readers of this thread don't realize the original Kogan was $29.
I have a feeling many read this thread and do not read the 1st page well?
For that $29 you were given free shipping in the AU and an 8GB card. Amazing when you think about what 8GB cards were then.

All this still needs to be put in context in relation to sound. Though many liked the Kogan more than $200 players it was always the fact that it was the price and the sound quality for the price. The units are now in their new branded form.
Your just not going to find a $29 player from China that's going to last forever. That is why it is nice to see the possible SQ from the chip be reincarnated into the new brands.

Warning:
If you go back in the thread few of us have had a perfect experience with the Kogan. Dust getting under the screen, on and off switch problems and on and on.
We here are primarily interested in sound quality so we put up with other less than perfect issues for that SQ.
I get PM messages from prospective buyers who want a Kogan player or one that is priced and sounds like it. You can tell they have not read the whole thread. If they would have they would have noted that there must be 7 or so styles of the Kogan out there in the world.

Not many of us are ever going to actually hear more than 2 or 3 or 4 of these new players to really tell if they are truly the same. That is why your not ever going to see a list of 20 Kogan style players listed here with some one telling you that for sure they all sound and work exactly the same. What we are hearing are variations of the same basic design.
New readers of this thread should just maybe take a chance at finding one ( like we all did) but keep in mind it may only last a year or two with heavy use. It's not worth spending $60 plus shipping, plus import fees, plus a package with bad headphones just to get your hands on one.
In ending remember these were $29 and sounded great for the money.

Feb 15, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #1,554 of 1,681
Yes, Kogan/Ritmix is really very special DAP not only for the price but for the sound alone. I wish more sellers could spread them to the world. One of my friends have a Colorfly C4 and he thinks Ritmix is a very special DAP. No, it's not a joke because they are. On a blind test you could tell it is $200.

Also it has great synergy with warm sounding IEMs and earphones. I replaced the battery once and I still use mine.

Unfortunately afaik you can buy Ritmix if you are in Russia and we need a fellow Russian head-fier here. :)

Feb 22, 2016 at 12:53 AM Post #1,556 of 1,681
I also have problem with my battery, which one could you recommend on Ebay?

I found this battery but  not sure it fits this is another very similar, i think they would be thicker than the original 8mm the original about 4mm thick

I think I fond it :)

This one fits better. Yours are thicker than original battery. It shouldn't be more than 4mm in thickness.

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32324879462.html

Feb 22, 2016 at 2:06 AM Post #1,557 of 1,681
I also have problem with my battery, which one could you recommend on Ebay?

I found this battery but  not sure it fits this is another very similar, i think they would be thicker than the original 8mm the original about 4mm thick

I think I fond it :)

If you read back there is a member who replaced his battery with a bigger one.

Feb 22, 2016 at 3:07 AM Post #1,558 of 1,681
If you read back there is a member who replaced his battery with a bigger one.

Well it was me who replaced the battery with a bigger capacity and dimensions. Mine is a bit thicker than the original one and exactly the same as the link @PeterFF posted. That's why I suggested the smaller one. :wink:

Feb 22, 2016 at 3:31 AM Post #1,559 of 1,681
Well it was me who replaced the battery with a bigger capacity and dimensions. Mine is a bit thicker than the original one and exactly the same as the link @PeterFF posted. That's why I suggested the smaller one. :wink:

it is 5mm can you close the cover with the 5mm battery? I like it because it is  600Mah.

i actually already placed the order, so I hope it will fit and i will be able to close the back cover :)))

Feb 22, 2016 at 3:33 AM Post #1,560 of 1,681

Thank-you, I'm sure I'll need one too, someday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back