Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Feb 26, 2024 at 1:11 PM Post #63,556 of 64,160
Hello friends, good forum! I have been wanting Kz's multi-armature headphones for a long time, but there are as many negative comments about the brand as positive ones. Can I get your opinions about Kz as24? I use Focal clear mg pro and Galaxy buds pro in daily life.
I bet you're gonna see as many negative comments about the AS24 as positive ones... !!! :ksc75smile: :ksc75smile: :ksc75smile:

Feb 26, 2024 at 3:10 PM Post #63,558 of 64,160
Hello friends, good forum! I have been wanting Kz's multi-armature headphones for a long time, but there are as many negative comments about the brand as positive ones. Can I get your opinions about Kz as24? I use Focal clear mg pro and Galaxy buds pro in daily life.
More drivers isn't necessarily equal to better experience. Many people think a single, good dynamic driver will perform better than literally a dozen of smaller drivers smashed together just for the sake of marketing numbers. Having said that, I haven't heard AS24 so who knows, maybe you'll like it. I like my PR3 despite many people not liking KZ planars.

Feb 26, 2024 at 3:19 PM Post #63,559 of 64,160
More drivers isn't necessarily equal to better experience. Many people think a single, good dynamic driver will perform better than literally a dozen of smaller drivers smashed together just for the sake of marketing numbers. Having said that, I haven't heard AS24 so who knows, maybe you'll like it. I like my PR3 despite many people not liking KZ planars.
The brand's big claims, such as that it has no competitors under $1000, confuse people. That's why I have great expectations in my mind. Assuming that Thieaudio V16 divinity, one of the best IEMs in the world, has 32 fixtures, one wants to try the 24 fixtures in Kz, and this is exactly why I am curious. Thieaudio V16 divinity is my dream, but accessing it will be quite difficult and expensive, so it will take a long time for me to access it.

Feb 26, 2024 at 3:21 PM Post #63,560 of 64,160
Markanın 1000 doların altında rakibi olmadığı gibi büyük iddiaları kafaları karıştırıyor. Bu yüzden kafamda büyük beklentiler var. Dünyanın en iyi IEM'lerinden biri olan Thieaudio V16 divinity'nin 32 fikstürü olduğunu varsayarsak, Kz'deki 24 fikstürü denemek istiyor ve işte tam da bu yüzden merak ediyorum. Thieaudio V16 ilahiyat benim hayalim ama ona ulaşmak oldukça zor ve pahalı olacak, bu yüzden ona erişmem uzun zaman alacak.
Whats the fixtures (BA) 🤦‍♂️ sorry for the translate.

Feb 26, 2024 at 3:47 PM Post #63,561 of 64,160
You should ignore a lot of the comments. The most recent flap about missing or disconnected drivers was mostly undeserved.

I haven't tried the AS24 however.

Feb 26, 2024 at 4:44 PM Post #63,562 of 64,160
The brand's big claims, such as that it has no competitors under $1000, confuse people. That's why I have great expectations in my mind. Assuming that Thieaudio V16 divinity, one of the best IEMs in the world, has 32 fixtures, one wants to try the 24 fixtures in Kz, and this is exactly why I am curious. Thieaudio V16 divinity is my dream, but accessing it will be quite difficult and expensive, so it will take a long time for me to access it.
In that case, it's best if you put your money aside to buy your dream IEMs and don't spend it on KZ's stupid stuff🖖

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2024 at 6:34 PM Post #63,563 of 64,160

The number of the drivers doesn't matter at all. Symphonium Audio Helios and Crimson have only 4 BA armatures. And they are much superior to kz iems.

Feb 26, 2024 at 9:02 PM Post #63,564 of 64,160
Review so far goes, for the price its a detail monster.
but the tuning is quite not all-rounder, apparently great with string instrument.
so you might want to get the one with tuning switch as finicky it might be, but it'll allow you to fine tuned the tuning further.

Reviews in Headfi
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/kz-as24.26544/reviews

to note, during its announcement AS24 suppose to have two competitor with similar BA setup, CVJ Kumo and TRN something
the TRN is using older Bellsing BAs while Kumo uses the New Bellsing BAs (like AS24) + Knowles sound filter.
but both are priced twice above AS24, so yeah.
If the tuning works for you, it'll be great value.
---

1709001097209.png

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2024 at 10:30 PM Post #63,565 of 64,160

Pros:
Solid build
Versatility - potential 256 tuning permutations!!! - may be overkill though
Relatively easy drivability
Above average isolation
Excellent technical chops for the price
Bass sounds more natural than other all-BA sets due to venting

Cons:
Dearth of accessory quality and quantity
Potential comfort issues due to large shell
Tuning switches are extremely tiny
Pungent BA timbre, nasal vocals
Hot and sibilant treble on some switch settings

I would grade it a 3.5/5. Decent but with flaws.

Feb 27, 2024 at 12:53 AM Post #63,566 of 64,160
Contrary to popular opinion about problems with qc, I personally have had nearly 40 KZ/CCA models and never had a problem with them. For that I had problems with IEMs from other manufacturers, which is rather not mentioned here in this thread.
Personally, I do not like multi-armature. In my subjective opinion they are the most prone to damage (esp. bass drivers) - my $300 Audiosense T800s had that.

Despite the fact that I like KZ, at around $100, I would collect some money and choose Juzear 41T (neutral) or Truthears Nova (Harman)

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2024 at 1:00 AM Post #63,567 of 64,160
Due to the country I live in (Türkiye), it is impossible for me to access the headphones you mentioned. Even if I access it, I will be subject to an exorbitant customs tax. It is a brand that is on sale in my country and is easy to access, but I had many question marks in my mind. However, now I understand that Kz is not a necessity for me at the moment and multiple armatures are not better. It's not important for me to give details. I was interested in the fact that it included multiple accessible fixtures. I have the detail and stage width thanks to Focal Clear mg pro, but now it's Thieaudio V16 divinty. Thank you very much everyone for your valuable comments 🙏

Feb 27, 2024 at 4:06 AM Post #63,568 of 64,160
Due to the country I live in (Türkiye), it is impossible for me to access the headphones you mentioned. Even if I access it, I will be subject to an exorbitant customs tax. It is a brand that is on sale in my country and is easy to access, but I had many question marks in my mind. However, now I understand that Kz is not a necessity for me at the moment and multiple armatures are not better. It's not important for me to give details. I was interested in the fact that it included multiple accessible fixtures. I have the detail and stage width thanks to Focal Clear mg pro, but now it's Thieaudio V16 divinty. Thank you very much everyone for your valuable comments 🙏
What is your budget?

Feb 27, 2024 at 7:53 AM Post #63,569 of 64,160
KZ Symphony on the way. Meanwhile I have been giving the PR3 a good workout. The bass on this piece is superb, I can't imagine what the Symphony is going to be like. Jennifer Galatis is well worth checking out, she has a good selection on YouTube.

Feb 27, 2024 at 10:23 AM Post #63,570 of 64,160
Credit to Paul Wasabi. He has a measurement of the Symphony already.

graph 8.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back