Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 26, 2023 at 11:52 PM Post #61,681 of 64,251
So I've been trying them (pr2) for a couple days and they weirdly sound the best directly from my phone(poco x3 pro), it's like the nicest shallow V shape...

I have the tempotec sonata hd pro and you have to trick it with a 3.5 extension or it just doesn't give you enough power and even then they sound a bit too crispy in the top end, tried them on my liquid spark and same, guess the combination of sensitivity and impedance play well with my phone's crappy internal dac lol.

also tried them with a different iem cable for the mic and I straight up lost the bass from the amps guess they didn't like the 4 poles
Damn I was planning to run on a sonata HD Pro as well. So it's not powerful enough? What about plugged into a pc?

May 27, 2023 at 12:16 AM Post #61,682 of 64,251
So I've been trying them (pr2) for a couple days and they weirdly sound the best directly from my phone(poco x3 pro), it's like the nicest shallow V shape...

I have the tempotec sonata hd pro and you have to trick it with a 3.5 extension or it just doesn't give you enough power and even then they sound a bit too crispy in the top end, tried them on my liquid spark and same, guess the combination of sensitivity and impedance play well with my phone's crappy internal dac lol.

also tried them with a different iem cable for the mic and I straight up lost the bass from the amps guess they didn't like the 4 poles
How's the soundstage on liquid spark compared to others?
Today arrived KZ PR2 from KZ Global. Thanks for the discount coupon. Unbelievable what you can buy these days for 35€. Unbelievable what power it needs. Forget cell phones, weak dongles, even mediocre performing DAPs. What you will hear from them is not even half of what the PR2 can really do with a decent dose of power.
Your recommendation to get that best? Something like 4 vrms Qudelix or desktop level amp?

May 27, 2023 at 12:41 AM Post #61,683 of 64,251
Damn I was planning to run on a sonata HD Pro as well. So it's not powerful enough? What about plugged into a pc?
It sounds really good with Sonata hd v. I use at it 40/100 to get loud volume. From what I'm gathering it's the bass and soundstage that gets better. Mid bass gets more authority and stage gets spacious. I don't know if the male vocals get more body and currently that's my only issue, lean male singer voices.

May 27, 2023 at 2:43 AM Post #61,684 of 64,251

if i recalled it right, my old Poco x3 (not pro) have mild bass boost.
not clean and neutral, but it have decent power .

May 27, 2023 at 2:56 AM Post #61,685 of 64,251
I’m messing with it again rn cause I realized my first impression might be messed up cause I was using that iffy cable I think the one that came with the wan’er and I was straight up not getting bass, using a 3.5 extension on the sonata basically tricks it into full power but I guess also fixed whatever wasn’t working by plugging the wan’er (maybe qkzxhbb) cable directly…

I think It might have enough power even without the extension but it sounds waaay brighter, like it’s different enough certain vocals get sibilant on the sonata and not on the phone, I think it might be more about the 3.5 in my phone having a roll off on the treble but I could’t tell on anything else from all the gear I got so these are legit the pickiest audio thing I’ve had lol

if i recalled it right, my old Poco x3 (not pro) have mild bass boost.
not clean and neutral, but it have decent power .
Yeah I think it might be that cause the sonata and the d10s connected to my liquid spark measure flat so that should be the true sound, I couldn’t pass a blind test with any of my other gear tho, and I’m 110% sure I could with the pr2 for what it’s worth lol

May 27, 2023 at 7:12 AM Post #61,686 of 64,251

Your recommendation to get that best? Something like 4 vrms Qudelix or desktop level amp?
The Qudelix can very comfortably drive my DT880 Pros, which have 250 Ohms of impedance and 96dB sensitivity. It definitely has the juice for the PR2. But don't take my word for it:

Screenshot 2023-05-27 141450.png

These are the specs of the PR2s I found on Linsoul. Basically, you'll be getting hearing damage very quickly at less than half volume on high power unbalanced mode with the Qudelix (2VRMS max)

Last edited:
May 27, 2023 at 8:14 AM Post #61,687 of 64,251
2-3 days after kz pr2 arrived .
no filter , i guess this is kz pr2 v2
no complaint , i love it
the music is out of my head 😁😁😁

using jm4 pro need around 70-80% volume (while usually around 20-30% for others iem)

with btr5 i feel the stage improve , change it to balance mode the stage is much bigger.

i've tried some eartips (final type e, kbear 07, springtips, foam), really good at fioo hs 18

my only wish if the nozzle in smaller diameter

cheers
and sorry for my bad english

Last edited:
May 27, 2023 at 10:14 AM Post #61,689 of 64,251
Today arrived KZ PR2 from KZ Global. Thanks for the discount coupon. Unbelievable what you can buy these days for 35€. Unbelievable what power it needs. Forget cell phones, weak dongles, even mediocre performing DAPs. What you will hear from them is not even half of what the PR2 can really do with a decent dose of power.
It gets even better with a decent low resistance cable. Cheapest being the 8 dollar KZ 784.

Managed to graph the Zetian Wu Heyday
graph(7).png

Definitely a successor imo.

Last edited:
May 27, 2023 at 12:33 PM Post #61,690 of 64,251
The Qudelix can very comfortably drive my DT880 Pros, which have 250 Ohms of impedance and 96dB sensitivity. It definitely has the juice for the PR2. But don't take my word for it:

Screenshot 2023-05-27 141450.png

These are the specs of the PR2s I found on Linsoul. Basically, you'll be getting hearing damage very quickly at less than half volume on high power unbalanced mode with the Qudelix (2VRMS max)
Should this calculator be used with the absolute worst case scenario, i.e. for PR2 94+-3db 15+-3ohm would mean the values 91db, 18ohm used? punching this in results in 1.2VRMS needed, more than a standard dongle dac or a normal mobile phone not named LG

May 27, 2023 at 12:55 PM Post #61,691 of 64,251

For mobile use, the Jcally Jm6 Pro is more than sufficient: It's a 1.6Vrms DAC-AMP dongle (i.e. separate amp) that'll push 60mW into 32 Ohm.

While each dongle has its own manufacturer specifed volume curve, and what I'm about to write is relative to that, 75% starts to get a bit uncomfortable for me; I like it nightclub loud for reference... 📱⚡🎧🎶🎶🤘🏾😝🤘🏾

Last edited:
May 27, 2023 at 12:59 PM Post #61,692 of 64,251
Should this calculator be used with the absolute worst case scenario, i.e. for PR2 94+-3db 15+-3ohm would mean the values 91db, 18ohm used? punching this in results in 1.2VRMS needed, more than a standard dongle dac or a normal mobile phone not named LG
Yes, good point.

I always calculate both the lowest and highest load when using one of those, just to be safe. I've not been disappointed yet.

Last edited:
May 27, 2023 at 1:58 PM Post #61,693 of 64,251
That's 1.2 VRMS at 110dB SPL. If you're listening anywhere near that level you need to turn your stuff down immediately. And the Qudelix can do 2 VRMS with a standard 3.5mm cable on high power mode, plus you get a 20 band parametric EQ.

May 27, 2023 at 4:06 PM Post #61,694 of 64,251
Is this lightning port too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back