Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 23, 2023 at 10:16 AM Post #61,636 of 64,388
Can you confirm this dongle supports Microphone? I have the jcally JM20 and it does not support microphone. I want to be certain. Thank you.

When using the PR2's stock in-line microphone cable it works as expected with the JM6 Pro and a Xiaomi 11T; I can activate Google Assistant with a button press and the Recorder app works just fine.

I've not actually taken or made a phone call with the combination yet. Perhaps I'll do that much later today to confirm. However, I don't anticipate a problem since everything else is functional.

May 23, 2023 at 7:24 PM Post #61,637 of 64,388
I've briefly tested putting another layer of 500 mesh (4.2mm diameter) on the Pr2 and it changes the character a bit giving it a mid bassier tilt closer to the PR1 pro, some sheen still remains though. Bass wise it starts to lose some texture though overally i do prefer this over the leaner stock presentation.

Historically the 500 mesh mod works to reduce the pinna gain area so @agawa this could work for you.
I've tried 400 mesh that I had left over, and also some O2 filters, but it didn't cut the treble peak enough, as you said, some sheen was still there and bass less textured. Low density foam dampens the treble, cuts pinna gain by 2-5dB depending on the amount used, and also boost midbass at the cost of some minor bloat.

May 23, 2023 at 7:42 PM Post #61,638 of 64,388
Well I finally got the coupler

Here's what i measured

PR2 I.pngPR2 II.pngPR2 III.pngPR2 IV.png

Normalised to 60dba at 1khz post measurement, with stock calibration file (can be poor) so its not directly comparable to other graphs.

Of note is the difference in volume of the left and right is not shown if normalised to 60dba at 1khz, this is how the PR2 IV looks if unnormalised.

PR2 IV Unaligned.png

So the "good" set does seem to have less peaks and the flat response from 2 to 8khz and the bad set has a brighter than usual right and a duller left.

I wonder how the duller III right and duller IV left will sound combined. Will be try it out tmr.

PR2 III (purple) + IV L (green).png
Holy smokes! That KZ guy wasn't kidding about consistency issues with the driver mesh. Since they "fixed" the issue, shouldn't they send the owners of the original experimental version the new improved set? (I know, keep dreaming... it would be fair though)

May 23, 2023 at 9:41 PM Post #61,639 of 64,388
Can you confirm this dongle supports Microphone? I have the jcally JM20 and it does not support microphone. I want to be certain. Thank you.

I've just made a phone call while using the JM6 Pro and the PR2's stock in-line microphone cable and it works just fine.

We're all good with the combination as everything works as it should from my impromptu testing.

You're welcome... 😎

May 23, 2023 at 9:43 PM Post #61,640 of 64,388
I've just made a phone call while using the JM6 Pro and the PR2's stock in-line microphone cable and it works just fine.

We're all good with the combination as everything works as it should from my impromptu testing.

You're welcome... 😎
Surpisingly there are many who question JM series capability to use inline mic.

So thanks for trying it

May 23, 2023 at 9:46 PM Post #61,641 of 64,388
Surpisingly there are many who question JM series capability to use inline mic.

So thanks for trying it
Only the ones that explicitly say support mic/phone call support will work with inline mic.

The higher end ones all don't support mic input. (Except JM45 it seems but unconfirmed)

Last edited:
May 24, 2023 at 1:05 PM Post #61,643 of 64,388

You're welcome... 😎
Thanks bro, just ordered the JM6 pro, and have LingLong and PR2 on the way!

May 24, 2023 at 1:31 PM Post #61,645 of 64,388
Anyone else still waiting for PR2 to be shipped from KZ Global?
Since May 10 here. Only got a fake tracking number so far. Back when I contacted the seller, they told me the manufacturer asked them to wait and if I'm willing to do so too. I assume the delay is because of the whole mesh over driver thing - they want to ship the newer version.

Last edited:
May 24, 2023 at 4:18 PM Post #61,649 of 64,388
Mine has made it through customs and should be ready for pickup tomorrow I'm guessing (I ordered on the 28th)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back