Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Nov 12, 2020 at 1:41 PM Post #52,456 of 63,926
I'm looking for some cables to go with my KZ's (and my KBEAR Lark which is on it's way) and I was looking around on Ali due to 11/11 as it has some very tempting discounts on some KBEAR cables.

They look good but
A: I've never shopped on Ali
B: I'm not that familiar with the brand
So my question is should get some or pass?
I've bought a few things from AliExpress now over a couple years, and I haven't had a problem.
I was a little unsure at first, but seems fine. Even cancelled a couple orders and was refunded promptly.

I think you'll find all kinds of opinions when it comes to cables. I highly doubt they make much of a difference for such a tiny thing.
The only reason I would buy an upgrade cable is if the original one has physical characteristics you don't like such as too tangly, too heavy, no microphone, bad microphonics, bad ear hooks, no cinch.

All of my cables I got with my earphones (all below $70) are just fine except the KZ ASF one is more tangly than I would prefer. I see KBear mentioned all the time, so I would think they have cables just as good as the other companies......if you are talking budget cables.

Nov 12, 2020 at 1:53 PM Post #52,457 of 63,926
I'm looking for some cables to go with my KZ's (and my KBEAR Lark which is on it's way) and I was looking around on Ali due to 11/11 as it has some very tempting discounts on some KBEAR cables.

They look good but
A: I've never shopped on Ali
B: I'm not that familiar with the brand
So my question is should get some or pass?
KBear cables are a bit above the rest (out of nearly the same 16-core cables made at the same factory), in my opinion/experience.
These ones do not have ear guides, which I prefer.

Nov 12, 2020 at 1:57 PM Post #52,458 of 63,926
CCA CA16 is very tricky, it took me extra $30 to experiment with the eartips to get the best sound...

I used CP800 Spinfit, believe it or not the sound rivaled Westone W60...

The CA16 is also the one where if you use the stock shallow tips for that custom-like fit with the shell pressed right up against your ear, it can block the front vent causing muffled sound as well.

Nov 12, 2020 at 2:14 PM Post #52,459 of 63,926
The ASX arrived in my country. So far shipping went much faster than I expected. Hopefully customs won't take too long.

As much as I am excited regarding these, I also fear them to some extend. All those opposing views. Nevertheless I can't wait to finally have them.
Also it kind of looks like that there are now more people that like them, compard to those who don't. At least in this thread. I never bothered with looking up opinions on other sites and just worked with the info from here.^^

Nov 12, 2020 at 2:29 PM Post #52,461 of 63,926
so apparently Linsoul had a 50$ buys 100$ coupon available without any of us (or most of us) knowing about it :frowning2:
Those were getting sold out like almost instantly whenever they came up. Dont feel bad about it.

Nov 12, 2020 at 2:33 PM Post #52,463 of 63,926
Their prices seems jacked up compared to Ali so i try not to think about it.
You cant stack coupons either. So yeah, not that big of a deal.

Nov 12, 2020 at 2:33 PM Post #52,464 of 63,926
Those were getting sold out like almost instantly whenever they came up. Dont feel bad about it.
I tried to get them on all occasions when they came up, but always got sold out notice. Managed to get as far as geting one in my basket 😃

Nov 12, 2020 at 2:36 PM Post #52,465 of 63,926
I tried to get them on all occasions when they came up, but always got sold out notice. Managed to get as far as geting one in my basket 😃
Must be frustrating. :joy:

Nov 12, 2020 at 2:37 PM Post #52,466 of 63,926
Nov 12, 2020 at 3:14 PM Post #52,467 of 63,926
I think you'll find all kinds of opinions when it comes to cables. I highly doubt they make much of a difference for such a tiny thing.
The only reason I would buy an upgrade cable is if the original one has physical characteristics you don't like such as too tangly, too heavy, no microphone, bad microphonics, bad ear hooks, no cinch.
It's mostly to get balanced options and the kz brown cables are a bit to tangly for my preference. The new silver ones are a lot better in my opinion as they have a looser braid.

KBear cables are a bit above the rest (out of nearly the same 16-core cables made at the same factory), in my opinion/experience.
These ones do not have ear guides, which I prefer.
Ear guides are always preferred for me, although I've never had some without the hooks. Didn't notice these don't have them at first so thanks for that :smile:
Might still get one of them to try it without guides, they're cheap as hell atm.

Nov 12, 2020 at 3:18 PM Post #52,468 of 63,926
It's mostly to get balanced options and the kz brown cables are a bit to tangly for my preference. The new silver ones are a lot better in my opinion as they have a looser braid.

Ear guides are always preferred for me, although I've never had some without the hooks. Didn't notice these don't have them at first so thanks for that :smile:
Might still get one of them to try it without guides, they're cheap as hell atm.
Also I think most KZ's are 0.75 instead of 0.78........I'm still not sure if that matters or not.
And some are C-Pin.

Nov 12, 2020 at 3:32 PM Post #52,469 of 63,926
Also I think most KZ's are 0.75 instead of 0.78........I'm still not sure if that matters or not.
And some are C-Pin.
True, 0.75mm paragraph C is the connector for all of the KZ's that I have. Then again that is the same as the QDC connector which all of those cables are available with.

Nov 12, 2020 at 3:35 PM Post #52,470 of 63,926
True, 0.75mm paragraph C is the connector for all of the KZ's that I have. Then again that is the same as the QDC connector which all of those cables are available with.
I read somewhere that the QDC may be 0.78, so I'm not sure if that's true or if that even matters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back