Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 22, 2020 at 5:11 PM Post #49,578 of 63,914
Recently acquired a pair of KZ ZXS, my first KZ product. Purchased a Tripowin balanced cable to use with my ES100. Really enjoying these and been using daily. Very surprised what under $100 can get you nowadays. Trying not to get caught up with side grade or upgrade as I read about other IEM such as the Blon, Tin and other offerings...just want to enjoy these for a while. I did notice the low end cleaned up with use, seemed a little bloated at first. Listen to a wide variety, but mostly Jazz. Stay safe!

Mar 22, 2020 at 9:15 PM Post #49,579 of 63,914
Recently acquired a pair of KZ ZXS, my first KZ product. Purchased a Tripowin balanced cable to use with my ES100. Really enjoying these and been using daily. Very surprised what under $100 can get you nowadays. Trying not to get caught up with side grade or upgrade as I read about other IEM such as the Blon, Tin and other offerings...just want to enjoy these for a while. I did notice the low end cleaned up with use, seemed a little bloated at first. Listen to a wide variety, but mostly Jazz. Stay safe!

Almost exact same situation - KZ ZSX, Tripowin C8, Fiio BTR5. VERY happy - don't really feel the need to buy anything else really! (Except maybe another pair of TWS, for the times I want total wireless freedom)

(Although I did buy Blon BL03 at the same time as the ZSX) :p

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2020 at 9:44 PM Post #49,581 of 63,914
KZ named ZSX "Terminator" for a good reason!
The law of the terminated returns :wink:

Maybe they "terminated" multi BA/hybrids and abandoned the driver count nuclear race after the KZ ZSX.

Seems all subsequent releases after the ZSX by KZ are wireless stuff.

Mar 26, 2020 at 4:22 AM Post #49,582 of 63,914
Maybe they "terminated" multi BA/hybrids and abandoned the driver count nuclear race after the KZ ZSX.

Seems all subsequent releases after the ZSX by KZ are wireless stuff.

Speak about the devil, after months of radiosilence, KZ are coming up with a new TWS KZ S2:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/kz-s2-next-generation-hybrid-tws-in-ear-monitors/coming_soon
https://www.linsoul.com/pages/kz-s2

For those that bought their recent wireless gear, I read there were connectivity problems? Hopefully it is fixed with this.

photo-1.jpg

photo-2.jpg

Mar 26, 2020 at 5:18 AM Post #49,583 of 63,914
I have got a refund on my green kz s1 tws set as the left earpiece crackles and pops horribly. I think there is an electrical short somewhere, as if, I touch them it dissipates then builds up again. Also the battery life on the left is 45 minutes to 1 hour. Shame really as the right one sounds fine. Also there are no large tips in the package which is a problem for me. The manual says medium and small only.

I bought them from linsoul on amazon, so credit to them to them for giving me a refund, without return. Just putting this out there as a data point, and a thank you to linsoul for customer service.

Mar 26, 2020 at 1:19 PM Post #49,584 of 63,914
Speak about the devil, after months of radiosilence, KZ are coming up with a new TWS KZ S2:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/kz-s2-next-generation-hybrid-tws-in-ear-monitors/coming_soon
https://www.linsoul.com/pages/kz-s2

For those that bought their recent wireless gear, I read there were connectivity problems? Hopefully it is fixed with this.

photo-1.jpg

photo-2.jpg
KZ needs to turn off the Xerox machine and come up with something new. I have the first set (the beta test) and they're pretty good. The ZS1 was awful and I returned it, and haven't bothered since. If they can make a TWS ZSX, then they'll get my attention back.

Mar 26, 2020 at 1:38 PM Post #49,585 of 63,914
I have no more interest in TWS sets, a blue tooth amp with balanced wired iems or earbuds is just fine with no drops outs or matching

Mar 29, 2020 at 10:29 AM Post #49,587 of 63,914
I have a question. Does anyone know how to use the microphone from the KZ headphones on a desktop Windows computer?

Hi, it should work with a computer but you might need a splitter to convert it from 3.5mm to 2x 3.5mm for your mic in and headphone out on your computer case.

s-l640.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2020 at 10:36 AM Post #49,588 of 63,914
I have a question. Does anyone know how to use the microphone from the KZ headphones on a desktop Windows computer?

I had the same problem, and ended up buying a TRRS (4 pole) Y splitter for my computer a number of years ago. It was under $1.

You plug in a 4 pole TRRS headphone (such as KZ), and the adapter splits it into a separate headphone and microphone plug (which then plugs into the computer).

Edit: @TheVortex also answered your question and showed the same adapter I’m referring to :)

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2020 at 12:39 PM Post #49,589 of 63,914
Thanks to both of you :)
But what i wonder right now. When i plug the headphones right now just into the microphone port, Windows doesn't recognize the microphone/doesn't get any sound input. Does that change when i use a splitter? Or do i need to install some sort of drivers before for the mic?

Mar 29, 2020 at 1:05 PM Post #49,590 of 63,914
Thanks to both of you :)
But what i wonder right now. When i plug the headphones right now just into the microphone port, Windows doesn't recognize the microphone/doesn't get any sound input. Does that change when i use a splitter? Or do i need to install some sort of drivers before for the mic?

Your laptop audio jack is designed for a 3-pole (TRS) plug. The Headphone is a 4-pole TRRS plug. That’s why you’re not getting any microphone input. That’s why you need an adapter (not drivers). The adapter splits the signal into what your computer will be able to understand. Then it will work like a charm.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back